Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More

Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 8:20am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,383

Toyhax is proud to present its newest release!

Starting off strong, we've finally wrapped up our set for POTP Rodimus - it's a whopper alright!
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2541-labels ... prime.html

Continuing with POTP, we've also got some very creative sets for Tailgate, Elita-One, and Snarl:
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2549-labels ... lgate.html
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2548-labels ... a-one.html
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2547-labels ... snarl.html

No IDW collection feels right without a Crankcase. Toyhax has you covered:
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2543-labels ... kcase.html

Yet another fantastic conversion, this time for Studio Series Thundercracker, insipred by G2 Dreadwing:
https://toyhax.com/for-movie-toys/2554- ... dwing.html

The long awaited guns and labels for TR Pounce:
https://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2555- ... ounce.html

RiD Windblade gets some much needed attention:
https://toyhax.com/for-rid-prime/2546-l ... blade.html

Did you like our cell-shaded set for Masterpiece Optimus Prime? If so, you'll love what we did for Hot Rodimus:
https://toyhax.com/search?controller=se ... rch=Search

Third party was not forgotten! PE Core Magnus:
https://toyhax.com/standard-scale/2551- ... agnus.html

Two options for FH MB-09A Trailer, letting you chose between a sleek, chrome finish for your evil trailer, or the best M.A.S.K. reference there ever was:
https://toyhax.com/mp-scale/2553-labels ... ailer.html
https://toyhax.com/mp-scale/2552-labels ... ailer.html

Continuing with TFC's Trinity Force line, here is our offering for Red Knight:
https://toyhax.com/mp-scale/2550-labels ... night.html

At last, we're especially proud of our set for DX9's Richthofen, based on Powerglide:
https://toyhax.com/mp-scale/2542-labels ... hofen.html

Credit(s): Toyhax

Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961144)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 23rd, 2018 @ 8:51am CDT
Dangit. Had me jumping in at mention of Studio Series me thinking they'd done Prime's flames but nope.

I do like those cell shaded window stickers on the MP Hot Rod.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961146)
Posted by shajaki on May 23rd, 2018 @ 9:08am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:What is the relevance of Hot Rod/Rodimus not having Autobot insignia on his chest?
I wondered that too, but it appears its so you have the option of whatever "type" of Autobot insignia you'd like.

Honestly I hyped up the Roddy Prime set in my head, and I'm a little let down. Not that it's bad, just.. iunno :-?
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961153)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 23rd, 2018 @ 9:58am CDT
shajaki wrote:

oh i see it's something to do with the IDW symbols of that obnoxiousl and pointy Rodimus they have (and is used in the extra symbols in this set)
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961203)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 23rd, 2018 @ 3:02pm CDT
The ones that have me most confused are the black parts at the base of Snarl's plates. Just what are they accurate to? I don't recall that on the original toy, cartoon, or Marvel comic (though I didn't always put labels on my toys if I didn't like them: the chest stickers for the Aerialbots and Protectabots for example).

Not that I buy most Toyhax sets anyway (just the occasional huge batch every sale or so), but the Rodimus one is so 'meh' that it has me hoping they'll also do straight up replacement sets for the POTP official factory stickers, as mine are already starting to peel a tad from transformation.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961206)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on May 23rd, 2018 @ 3:41pm CDT
another update, and still no Star Seeker faction symbol stickers.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961211)
Posted by Burn on May 23rd, 2018 @ 3:57pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:another update, and still no Star Seeker faction symbol stickers.

Or sets for G1 figures that haven't got sets yet.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961212)
Posted by Emerje on May 23rd, 2018 @ 4:02pm CDT
I might have to buy Tailgate now, that sticker set looks really nice. Also a little tempted to get the set for the masked RID Windblade, that figure is surprisingly good. SS Thundercracker into G2 Dreadwing makes we reconsider not wanting that figure. I also never realized Pounce and Banzai-tron's guns are based on the same design.

Emerje
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961258)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 23rd, 2018 @ 10:27pm CDT
the only POTP set that stands out is the one for Optimus Prime ;)
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961651)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 26th, 2018 @ 10:24am CDT
Am I the only one who think these Elita-1 stickers are terrible ?

Hasbro ones were quite bad on my opinion, too large and covering all sculpted details. I was hoping a lot from Toyhax, but they managed to do worse, with even more large stickers, covering even more surface, with a useless deco which is trying to cover the fact the toy is red and no pink..

I don't get it.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961750)
Posted by Skritz on May 27th, 2018 @ 12:48am CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:a useless deco which is trying to cover the fact the toy is red and no pink..

I don't get it.

Geewun.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961776)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 27th, 2018 @ 6:50am CDT

Stickers should complete the mold/sculpt, not cover them.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961789)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 27th, 2018 @ 8:28am CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:I know, but it's ridiculous. What's the next step, stickers with fake wheels to pretend it's a car and not a plane ?

Stickers should complete the mold/sculpt, not cover them.

It's a thing since G1, you know. So many G1 toys that I applied stickers to and the stickers do cover lots of intricate molding details. Details that often were different or even better than the stickers.

As for sets like Elita's those are meant to make the thing into either a different character, or a different version of a character. So it's justified. If you only want to enhance the existing mold without covering too much, just use part of the sheet and keep the rest for a custom. I did that often without regrets.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961835)
Posted by shajaki on May 27th, 2018 @ 2:50pm CDT
Recently got an order in from Reprolabels.... I'm feelin a little like the honeymoons over >:oP

It took a friggin MONTH to get here. And I'm getting less and less impressed with their plastic pieces. I preemptively bought a set for the Carry reissue, and the van spoiler piece is pretty ratchet.

The quality of plastic doesn't feel great (as per usual, is it 3D printed?) and it looks like the tip was lightly chewed by a dog. I'm torn between asking for a new one and trying to sand it myself :-?
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961839)
Posted by Burn on May 27th, 2018 @ 3:05pm CDT
shajaki wrote:It took a friggin MONTH to get here.

A month for me would be normal, you're in the same bloody country, that's not right.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961843)
Posted by Skritz on May 27th, 2018 @ 3:31pm CDT
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961852)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 27th, 2018 @ 4:19pm CDT
Jesus faux-king Christ, Shaj, this is BAD. #-o
Let's hope it's a one shot thing because the Action Master Optimus Prime upgrade was perfect. This... thing is an insult.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961867)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 27th, 2018 @ 5:35pm CDT
Skritz wrote:I wish Elita-1 had a sticker set which was meant to replace/complement the pre-existing look for Jet!Elita-1 as opposed to trying to make her more like the pink car G1!Elita-1. I'm quite fond of her Macross-esque jet colors.

Exactly. We're on the same page.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1961876)
Posted by shajaki on May 27th, 2018 @ 6:50pm CDT
Burn wrote:
shajaki wrote:It took a friggin MONTH to get here.
Right? I emailed them, keep y'all posted ;)

-Kanrabat- wrote:Jesus faux-king Christ, Shaj, this is BAD. #-o
Forgot about the AM Prime set, it was ok. This spoiler and the TR Galvatron helmet were pretty bad though. #-o
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1962268)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 30th, 2018 @ 10:24am CDT
Would anyone be up for or interested in a scrap exchange?

I buy a lot of sets where I use only part of the set, often times leaving some of the more major details to waste. I'd be happy to trade or even sell some of that stuff.

For instance, I have the TR Blitzwing set and did not use the large wing stickers. Or the PotP Rodimus set, where I will not be using the chest stickers.

I may try and sort through to see what I have and take pictures.
Re: Toyhax.com May Update: Transformers Power of the Primes, Studio Series, & More (1962339)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 30th, 2018 @ 7:55pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Would anyone be up for or interested in a scrap exchange?

I may try and sort through to see what I have and take pictures.

This is a GREAT idea. Many customisers like me get sets only to make random customs, often using stickers that are not intended for the figures. I can make it work beautifully, if I'm allowed to brag.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Autotech Combiners Transformers Crusher Stalker Striker Nitro Spike OSF 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 SCRAPPER SERIES2 NO CANOPY STAMPED 80 84 JAPAN1985" on EBAY