Toyhax  /  Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More

Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 6:53pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,079

Toyhax's November release is here, and right on time to spruce up your newest black friday aquisitions!

Lots of sets for POTP this month! Starting off strong with a slick set for this double agent:
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2640-labels ... punch.html

Did you love our upgrades for POTP Optimus? Then we're sure you'll love these labels for Nemesis Prime:
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2652-labels ... prime.html

Wreck-Gar just isn't complete without his junkions. This trio of sets introduces Rubbish, and Trashcannon! Take a look:
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2642-labels ... k-gar.html
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2643-labels ... annon.html
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2644-labels ... bbish.html

Our offering for Novastar features raised treads (with extras for Moonracer), Inferno inspired graphics and more!
https://toyhax.com/for-potp/2651-labels ... astar.html

The old CW Blast-Off felt obsolete now that the new one is around. We fixed that:
https://toyhax.com/for-comb-wars/2653-l ... edown.html

We're not done with the movie line! Check out this set for Studio Series Starscream:
https://toyhax.com/for-movie-toys/2645- ... cream.html

Nothing says G1 cartoon like an MP Soundwave with one of these on him:
https://toyhax.com/for-masterpiece/2647 ... ded-b.html
https://toyhax.com/for-masterpiece/2648 ... ded-a.html

Symbols for dinobots:
https://toyhax.com/symbols-for-tf/2646- ... mbols.html

We went with quality over quantity for third party!

The intriquacy and level of detail in these sets for MFT Huge Dragon and Iron Sentinel can only be compared to our set for Fort Max, or Trypticon:
https://toyhax.com/mini-scale/2649-labe ... ragon.html
https://toyhax.com/mini-scale/2650-labe ... tinel.html

Subtelty meets transformational in our new labels for MMC Magna:
https://toyhax.com/mp-scale/2641-labels ... magna.html

Credit(s): Toyhax.com

Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995647)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 27th, 2018 @ 7:16pm CST
I just noticed that Studio Series Optimus' set is listed under POTP for some reason.

And I am disappointed yet again. Really wish they'd add the bloody headlights to Sunstreaker's sheet already. And offer a version with yellow shoulder stickers. An additional nice touch would be putting something into the blanked-out CR sticker
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995650)
Posted by Shegotron on November 27th, 2018 @ 7:18pm CST
Looking at the POTP Nemesis Prime set, and it's nice that they have the different options to pay homage to any of your favorite evil fake Primes, from RiD'01 to Prime, and--

... wait, WHAT?!?
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995654)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 27th, 2018 @ 7:23pm CST
Don't get the reference?
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995658)
Posted by Shegotron on November 27th, 2018 @ 7:29pm CST

Unless there's another Tommy I don't know about.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995667)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 27th, 2018 @ 8:15pm CST
Shegotron wrote:The only thing I can think of is that it's implying that he killed Tommy Kennedy.

Unless there's another Tommy I don't know about.

No, I'm pretty sure that's the reference.

Noticing some odd apparent omissions in the PotP Dinobot labels. Why doesn't Slag have alternate optics color stickers? Why does Slash only have alternate optics color stickers for robot mode? Why do Sludge and Snarl only have them for beast mode? Or are these omissions from the photos rather than the sheets themselves?
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995693)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 27th, 2018 @ 9:26pm CST
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995696)
Posted by Skritz on November 27th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Anyone else find the junkion rubbish hilarious for using the combiner peg as the head?

I think he looks great. I was going to say he look fugly but....you know, Junkion. It clearly was the intent to make him look ridiculous and it worked out well I'd say. Too bad Wreck-Gar will never show up in my area.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995709)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 28th, 2018 @ 12:06am CST
I'll probably get all 3 Junkion sets, but as funny as their alternate head conversions are, I'll be looking to Shapeways or 3Ps for actual replacement heads...difficult though it appears removing the real one will be.

And as much as CW Blast Off needs a new identity, SHAKEDOWN? Not even a pun off Blast Off or Slingshot? While I was going to call him Take-Off or Lift-Off, the joy I experienced dealing with replacement Blast Off and all of Amazon's exclusives this summer, including mismatched parts, unexplained preorder cancellations, confusion over release dates, their accidentally signing me up for a free trial of Prime when I lacked the funds to make use of it, etc, has made me realize that my old dingy Aerialbot repaint was actually called F@&k-Off in my headcanon all along. Yes, CW deluxe F#%k-Off has the ability to compel any Prime Wars gestalt he's a part of to jam said limb down the garbage disposal! Which power of the Primes will save him next time?

Also, are the raised tires for Firestar and Moonracer partly to save their undercarriages from being scraped? Is that a common problem? I just feel like I'm missing something here.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995824)
Posted by Short Circuit on November 28th, 2018 @ 2:18pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:And as much as CW Blast Off needs a new identity, SHAKEDOWN? Not even a pun off Blast Off or Slingshot?

Since he has Slingshot's head, he has the swindle visor and a blocky head... like swindle. The brown and purple remind me of animated swindle, and his bio looks to be written as he's one of swindle's companions in crime; one he calls in when he needs to play "good arms dealer bad arms dealer" or "shake them down" to a better deal. Not that you can't headcannon your own name, but yeah. Makes sense to me.

And yes, firestar and moonracer have a hair's width of clearance underneath, so its to give the undercarriage the best fighting chance against scraping.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1995838)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 28th, 2018 @ 3:19pm CST
^This. There's also another meaning to shakedown: A test journey for a vehicle intended to shake it down and see what needs tightening up still.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1996001)
Posted by IHaveQuestions on November 29th, 2018 @ 9:27am CST
As someone who's greatly enjoyed his Nemesis Prime and has been interested in trying reprolabels for a while, I was eagerly hoping for this! The parody of the "wide turn" warning sign, the "R.I.P. Tommy" tattoo, and the vanity license plate just give him such a diabolical attitude. Fits right in with my headcanon of this version of Nemesis Prime as a dude who revels in his wickedness.

More than that, I'm excited for the solid windshields to really play up that splash of red/pink every Nemesis needs. I also appreciate that they included so many options for allegiances: it's very fitting for this Homage-imus Prime. I think I might go with the Combatron ones since he's the counterpart to my Fire Convoy. Since he'll be the only one with the logo, it'll also play up that "evil clone" angle.

Now I just need to go watch some tutorials on how to apply reprolabels.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1996049)
Posted by Skritz on November 29th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CST
IHaveQuestions wrote:Now I just need to go watch some tutorials on how to apply reprolabels.

A lot like stickers on Gundam kits: tweezers and a lot of stress about ripping it or applying it wrong. >:oP
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1996074)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 29th, 2018 @ 5:50pm CST
Skritz wrote:

^This. Also, you'll need a phone or computer as they don't really come with instructions (or didn't last time I ordered). The toyhax website photos are pretty easy to work with though.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1996143)
Posted by IHaveQuestions on November 30th, 2018 @ 4:03am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Thanks for the tips. It's always nice to have a bit of forewarning. Probably crossing into the realm of questions for the customizers' forums, but do I need hobby tweezers, by the way? Or will regular ol' first aid kit tweezers suffice?
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1996298)
Posted by Cobotron on November 30th, 2018 @ 3:01pm CST
IHaveQuestions wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Skritz wrote:

HaveQuestions, you're all good. If it pertains to Repro Labels, it's cool to ask here. ;)^

I think either type of tweezers would work, though the hobby ones may be a little more nimble.
I actually use the very tip of my Xacto knife. I just stick the label to the end and use it to guide the label.

And I just wanted to reinforce the idea that Toyhax's web photos ARE the intended instructions for application, and they make it pretty clear where things go.

Good luck labeling, and have fun!
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (1999476)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 18th, 2018 @ 6:49am CST
I bought the Studio Series Starscream stickers and have just applied them. I went with all the stars instead of the Decepticon symbols cos "Robots in Disguise", not "Robots Advertise" It's a more subtle set than some I've bought but adds some nice extra details & shading in places. :)

_20181218_123733.JPG

_20181218_123757.JPG
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (2002072)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 1st, 2019 @ 9:54pm CST
We're ending 2018 with a blast!

Our new set for Siege Optimus has some incredible enhancements, including new smoke stacks!
http://toyhax.com/for-siege/2667-parts- ... prime.html

We also have two sets for Siege Megatron, to account for G1 and IDW enthusiasts:
http://toyhax.com/for-siege/2658-labels ... on-g1.html
http://toyhax.com/for-siege/2666-labels ... n-idw.html

Plenty of 3D textured fur labels and more for your POTP TOTP Optimal Optimus:
http://toyhax.com/for-potp/2668-labels- ... rimes.html

And for those of you who collect Takara Tomy products, we've got a recolored set for LG Mirage, and a truly massive recolored and expanded set for Grand Maximus:
http://toyhax.com/for-comb-wars/2669-la ... irage.html
http://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2670-l ... ximus.html

On the 3rd Party side, there's a new set for FT Dracula, and a very extensive set for the entire Zeta Toys Armageddon:
http://toyhax.com/mp-scale/2671-labels- ... eddon.html
http://toyhax.com/mp-scale/2672-labels- ... acula.html

As a reminder, if you would like to see us at TFCon Toronto this year, the hotel block is now online:
https://book.passkey.com/event/49810355 ... 07871/home
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (2002080)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 2nd, 2019 @ 12:39am CST
It's Unite Warriors! Not Legends! Argh!

Meh on the Optimus set. The stacks look clunky and awkward, both from needlessly making them pull double duty as guns and from them being black plastic that perforce is only partially covered by stickers. It ultimately makes them look worse than the stock smokestacks, stubby though those are. And I despise cartoony cel-shaded window stickers on stuff like this, I think they end up looking completely and totally stupid. Like, it's one thing to use them on window surfaces that were just opaque plastic; my taste there runs more toward simple metallic color or quasi-realistic shading, but cel-shaded still looks alright in most cases. Covering up perfectly good transparent plastic with it on the other hand... that drives me bugnuts.
I wish the people at Toyhax would stop clowning around with rubbish like that and fix the G1 Sunstreaker sheet already. The lack of the headlight stickers is especially obnoxious since their use of a photo lifted from Sunny's instructions for the sticker map blatantly shows the deficiency.

The Megatron sets are alright, and aside from an instance of Cyberglow the Grand Maximus set looks quite good.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (2002094)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 2nd, 2019 @ 8:51am CST
Given that Toyhax has jumped into making three dimensional parts for figures, I really wish they would make something to fill that gap in the back of Optimal Optimus when he's in surfing mode. That hollow back annoys the heck out of me.
Re: Toyhax / Reprolabels November Update - Studio Series Starscream, Power of the Primes Punch / Counterpunch, Wreck Gar, and More (2002144)
Posted by Skritz on January 2nd, 2019 @ 2:33pm CST
I admit I'm not a fan of cel-shaded window stickers but you do know you can just....not use them, right? >:oP

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY