Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open

Transformers News: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open

Monday, February 12th, 2018 3:27AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 8,942

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A nice piece of news today for those of us Transformers fans that live down under, as Toys R Us Australia has announced they will be stocking the upcoming MP-34S Shadow Panther from Takara Tomy! Thanks to a post on their Facebook, sent to us by our Australian overlord Burn, we know they'll have the figure and they will be accepting preorders until later this month on the 25th. This is one of the first times TRU Australia has offered preorders for an MP release, so it's quite a bit more convenient for collectors. Also, the price is only AU$110, on par with its price in Japan.

It's unknown at this time if TRU will stock this figure in their stores, but that question will probably be answered soon enough.

Transformers News: Re: Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (Beast Wars)
Credit(s): TRU Australia
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1937935)
Posted by Emerje on February 12th, 2018 @ 7:30am CST
Before people in the west get too excited, Hasbro occasionally does this for TRU Australia with Takara MPs, even sometimes slipping an English version of the card into the box. Don't expect it to show up at any other TRU stores outside of the usual ones in Asia.

Emerje
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938019)
Posted by Burn on February 12th, 2018 @ 1:37pm CST
It was a bit more than "occasionally" and it was a bit more than the "card".

They imported them for a while complete with English translations for the instructions. The fact they're offering a pre-order is a smart thing considering how many of the MP's they stocked didn't sell. This way they won't be over ordering.
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938052)
Posted by Emerje on February 12th, 2018 @ 3:16pm CST
Burn wrote:It was a bit more than "occasionally" and it was a bit more than the "card".

They imported them for a while complete with English translations for the instructions. The fact they're offering a pre-order is a smart thing considering how many of the MP's they stocked didn't sell. This way they won't be over ordering.

Oh, I didn't realize it was so often. I thought it was just Star Saber and a few other notable ones.

Emerje
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938054)
Posted by Burn on February 12th, 2018 @ 3:25pm CST
Star Sabre, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, Prowl, Bluestreak ... might have been others. I think they also stocked the Unite Warriors box sets. They've stocked a fair bit of TT when I think about it, but given their price jacking, it never sold too well.
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938141)
Posted by william-james88 on February 12th, 2018 @ 10:39pm CST
Emerje wrote:
Burn wrote:It was a bit more than "occasionally" and it was a bit more than the "card".

They imported them for a while complete with English translations for the instructions. The fact they're offering a pre-order is a smart thing considering how many of the MP's they stocked didn't sell. This way they won't be over ordering.

Oh, I didn't realize it was so often. I thought it was just Star Saber and a few other notable ones.

Emerje


Its ok, its not like we have been newsing them all this time... oh wait

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33091/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/34928/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/31931/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33167/

And it goes waaaaaaay back to over 10 years ago

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... tral/4654/
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938163)
Posted by Burn on February 13th, 2018 @ 1:01am CST
william-james88 wrote:And it goes waaaaaaay back to over 10 years ago

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... tral/4654/

Amazingly, he sold well.
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938193)
Posted by Emerje on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:13am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Burn wrote:It was a bit more than "occasionally" and it was a bit more than the "card".

They imported them for a while complete with English translations for the instructions. The fact they're offering a pre-order is a smart thing considering how many of the MP's they stocked didn't sell. This way they won't be over ordering.

Oh, I didn't realize it was so often. I thought it was just Star Saber and a few other notable ones.

Emerje


Its ok, its not like we have been newsing them all this time... oh wait

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33091/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/34928/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/31931/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33167/

And it goes waaaaaaay back to over 10 years ago

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... tral/4654/

Yeah, and what did I say?

I thought it was just Star Saber and a few other notable ones.

I know there's been a bunch of them in the news, that's why I thought it was an occasional occurrence in the first place, but Burn seemed to imply it was even more frequent than that.

Emerje
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938194)
Posted by william-james88 on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:23am CST
Emerje wrote:and what did I say:
Emerje wrote: a few.

a bunch


:???:
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938198)
Posted by Emerje on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:48am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:and what did I say:
Emerje wrote: a few.

a bunch


:???:

Sorry, I meant "bunch" as in a cluster of them (Bee, Tracks, and Sideswipe were all within just over a year time and then nothing), not as in a large number. That was bad wording, but you know what I'm talking about. What I don't know is what you're trying to prove. It's not like I said anything way outlandish, I just made a small understatement and Burn corrected me, that should have been the end of the discussion, so why are you suddenly jumping on me about this? :???:

Emerje
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1938231)
Posted by william-james88 on February 13th, 2018 @ 9:11am CST
Just confused on my end, no offense meant

Burn, will you be picking up Shadow Panther? Griffin from Ozormers said it was a pretty good price.
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962558)
Posted by Va'al on May 31st, 2018 @ 11:42pm CDT
We have some unfortunate pieces of news for Transformers fans in Australia, specifically about the Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther and its initially reported availability at the Toys R Us chain stores across the country: user Millhouse over on OzFormers has shared an email from the company now stating that they will not be fulfilling the orders for the figure, as they no longer carry it for a number of reasons, stated below, and are only offering store credit, not refunds.

We regret to inform you that unfortunately we are not able to fulfil your Toys R Us Online Order for the following product, due to insufficient stock levels.
- Transformers Takara Tomy MP-34S Shadow Panther

Toys “R” Us Australia have recently entered voluntary administration; therefore, a refund cannot be processed.

Please go to this link to read our full administration information: https://www.toysrus.com.au/administrati ... tion-2018/

We can however, offer for you to choose other items to the same value, on our website www.toysrus.com.au and we will process this at no further charge to you.

We can also provide your details to our creditors, who will contact you with a proof of debt form request.

The other alternative is to lodge a dispute with your bank for the amount charged on your credit card for this transaction.
You will more than likely get your money back for the order we are unable to fulfil.

We understand your frustrations with this matter and sincerely do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 8697 787.


This is, unfortunately, part of the bigger news that TRU Australia is also going into administration, as we first reported here. And if you're in for bad news, we also have final confirmation of the tax changes brought about by government, meaning that Amazon will no longer be shipping to Australia as of July 1st. Read more about it thanks to Burn over in the Australian Sightings thread.


Image
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962608)
Posted by Flashwave on June 1st, 2018 @ 2:02pm CDT
"Insufficent Stock Levels?" That seems odd. Unless insufficent stock means "We didnt order it from Takara". But still, makes me wonder if this is just the Admin limiting excess product or if something else is going on?
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962630)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2018 @ 7:01pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:"Insufficent Stock Levels?" That seems odd. Unless insufficent stock means "We didnt order it from Takara". But still, makes me wonder if this is just the Admin limiting excess product or if something else is going on?


it means they are no longer getting any.
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962632)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 1st, 2018 @ 7:07pm CDT
Yeah, Takara isn't going to sell any product on credit to a store that's going to be closing, after all...
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962648)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 1st, 2018 @ 9:36pm CDT
you can still get the figure just not through toys r us, right?
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962699)
Posted by Emerje on June 2nd, 2018 @ 7:31am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:you can still get the figure just not through toys r us, right?

Correct, the figure is still in production and will still be available from other sellers.

Emerje
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962832)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 3rd, 2018 @ 11:58am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:you can still get the figure just not through toys r us, right?

Correct, the figure is still in production and will still be available from other sellers.

Emerje


But the money you wanted to use to purchase one is now stuck as credit for a dying store?
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1962928)
Posted by Emerje on June 4th, 2018 @ 3:24am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:you can still get the figure just not through toys r us, right?

Correct, the figure is still in production and will still be available from other sellers.

Emerje


But the money you wanted to use to purchase one is now stuck as credit for a dying store?

In Australia, yes, as that's the only TRU that is/was offering it (not even in Japan). Sounds like they do have alternate ways of getting their money back, though. It's kinda dumb that they took payment in advance, most stores, including US TRU, don't charge for pre-orders until the items come in stock.

Emerje
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1980583)
Posted by Va'al on August 25th, 2018 @ 11:07am CDT
Via regular source of news Weibo, and its user 蓝色正午, we have some in hand images of the packaging for the Takara Tomy Transformers Beast Wars Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther! You'll remember that the figure is a black redeco of MP-34 Cheetor, with the addition of a new battle / mutant mask, a communicator arm band and swappable facial expressions. The character of Shadow Panther is a homage to the old Takara Tomy Beast Wars D-7 Shadow Panther, also a repaint of the first Beast Wars cast member toy - our gallery can be seen here.

Also included below are images of the collector coin available to some markets, and its packaging. Check it all out!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Toys R Us Australia to Stock Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther, Pre Orders Open (1980586)
Posted by mentre83 on August 25th, 2018 @ 11:37am CDT
I'm not entirely pleased by the alt. mode, but having MPs of non-show characters is definitely neat... even if probably they'll release only those that were repaints of major characters.

Speaking of which... no plans for a re-release of Cheetor? It's the only BW MP that is almost impossible to find at a decent (honest?) price.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
Twincast / Podcast #225:
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS-- HEATWAVE THE FIRE BOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Bumblebee Movie Shatter - Used, Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Combiner Wars Scattorshot and Alpha Trion MISB !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 ANGRY CHEESE Grilled Cheese Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 STICKY MCGEE Tape Dispenser Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 SIPPY SLURPS Drink Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 SHREDDER JACK Cheese Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 SCREEN FIEND Tablet Figure" on EBAY