Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US

Transformers News: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US

Saturday, September 19th, 2009 11:11AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 8,654

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen - "Back Road Brawl" Toys R Us Exclusive 2 pack is sighted at US.
The set consists of G1 colour Mixmaster (ROTF Mixmaster repaint) and Hoist (Transformers movie Longarm repaint).

Seibertron member reluctantyouth has found this exclusive 2 pack in Bloomington, Illinois.
Below is what he has to share with us:

" Hello,

I wanted to let everyone know that I found the TRU Exclusive Back Road Brawl Set with G1 homage Hoist and Mixmaster. The set is priced at $34.99 I found the set in Bloomington, Illinois on 09/18/09. The set had just hit the shelf and apparently comes in a box of 4. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. The paint apps on Mixmaster are not spectacular, but Hoist looks really good! There are 3 left as I couldn't afford to buy two sets. Happy Hunting! Please see photos for proof of purchase."

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest Transformers news and updates.
Credit(s): reluctantyouth
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999630)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 19th, 2009 @ 11:56am CDT
Nice, hopefully this hits the Western states soon too. Just a heads up, your Visa card's last 4 digits is still showing in that 2nd pic.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999646)
Posted by Marcdachamp on September 19th, 2009 @ 12:09pm CDT
Still on the fence. Mixmaster looks great, but I don't really want/need Hoist.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999683)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on September 19th, 2009 @ 12:55pm CDT
I'm glad you posted. We now have the actual UPC:

653569450498

I'll be checking with my local TRU with this.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999701)
Posted by rpetras on September 19th, 2009 @ 1:04pm CDT
I was at TRU yesterday and did not see these, :sad:

This is BIG on my WANT list.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999751)
Posted by Convotron on September 19th, 2009 @ 2:01pm CDT
Excellent find! Hoist looks great. :)
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999810)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 19th, 2009 @ 3:37pm CDT
rpetras wrote:I was at TRU yesterday and did not see these, :sad:

This is BIG on my WANT list.

Wonder when these will be up on TRU.com?
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999838)
Posted by Blurrz on September 19th, 2009 @ 4:04pm CDT
Back Road Brawl > Masters of Metallikato.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999862)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on September 19th, 2009 @ 4:53pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Back Road Brawl > Masters of Metallikato.

Agreed. Hasbro would have probably made a killing if they made Hoist a general release.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (999959)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on September 19th, 2009 @ 8:27pm CDT
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (1000048)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 19th, 2009 @ 10:50pm CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:I don't get why they make these box sets. If they were cheaper than buying the same figures separately I'd understand, but it's about the same price as a deluxe and voyager together. I would consider getting the Mixmaster, but not when I have to pay for another figure I don't want.

You can share the costs with someone that only wanted Hoist I guess.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive "Back Road Brawl" 2 Pack released in US (1001472)
Posted by Stockade on September 22nd, 2009 @ 2:23pm CDT
what does it say on the back of the box????

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Toy Hasbro Action Figure Hasbro Beast Hunters PREDAKING  Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers 1-Step Changer Sky-Byte" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class G1 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots: Lockdown & Shockwave: Block Figures - Please Read" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS HUNT FOR THE DECEPTICONS HFTD RAMPAGE AMONG THE RUINS Read Descript" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Shockwave 45 Pieces NEW" on EBAY