Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail

Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail

Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 5:53am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 43,548

Seibertron.com member Primeultimus just dropped by to let us know that Toys R Us Masterpiece Grimlock's (marked MP-03) re-release has been spotted in store in the US. The photo, reported on Facebook Group Tokyo Toys, comes from a Toys R Us store in Dallas, Texas, priced at $59.99. Check out the photos below, revealing some differences in the figure compared to its first iteration!

Transformers News: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail

Credit(s): Tokyo Toys Transformers Facebook

Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576263)
Posted by It Is Him on May 22nd, 2014 @ 6:32am CDT
A non-public facebook group. I wonder if there's something to hide.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576269)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2014 @ 7:09am CDT
It Is Him wrote:A non-public facebook group. I wonder if there's something to hide.
TF Columbia is also a non-public Facebook group, yet they're always showing us new stuff.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576272)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 22nd, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
If I find any at my TRU, I'd be happy to pick 1 (or 2) up for you guys, at cost plus shipping. :) Let me know if you're interested. I'll be going to TRU in about 2 hours.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576275)
Posted by Oddimus Prime on May 22nd, 2014 @ 7:59am CDT
So let me get this straight...

MP Grimlock reissue in the US is $59.99 or about £36.

In the Uk he is £99.99 - or or about $170.

I know we Brits are constantly bemoaning the fact that we pay in £ what the US pays in $ but on what planet does that pricing even remotely make sense!?!?!

I'm gad I got the previous version... *grumble grumble grumble*
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576276)
Posted by It Is Him on May 22nd, 2014 @ 8:02am CDT
Deleted
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576308)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 22nd, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
Oddimus Prime wrote:So let me get this straight...

MP Grimlock reissue in the US is $59.99 or about £36.

In the Uk he is £99.99 - or or about $170.

I'm gad I got the previous version... *grumble grumble grumble*

Agreed wholeheartedly.
I mean the American price is less, in £, than we pay for one of the new leaders-by about £10(/$16)
But the UK price is literally nearly three times the American price? That is preposterous. I mean even taking off 20% for VAT, we're paying £83/$140,and that's still more than double the American price.
I often moan about Hasbro UK-generally for the shocking distribution problems, which is admittedly often in part the fault of individual stores (although certainly not in all cases; making the entire generations line TRU exclusive is a daft move)-but whilst the pricing is normally a bit off, something as ridiculous as this is seriously taking the piss.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576313)
Posted by Kibble on May 22nd, 2014 @ 10:12am CDT
dragons wrote:how many do you need isn't one enough you bought for member I can understand, 2?

Relax...he bought two, not two cases.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576341)
Posted by Craver2707 on May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:30am CDT
I'm just a little bit curious as to why these aren't listed on the U.S. Toys R Us website, but are on the UK's site. Makes me think they might have been put out early... Not that that's a bad thing. Just looks like I'll be making a LOT of calls until I can find one.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576342)
Posted by Thalack on May 22nd, 2014 @ 11:33am CDT
sigmaprime wrote:
Thalack wrote:
Already had a guy on the other forum I frequent admit to buying all the ones his local tru had, total of 6 grimlocks. And we know what he's doing with them since he's a big seller.

he had ten, and was trying to sell them on that sites buy sell trade forum. his page got closed pretty fast which is awesome.

That's good news lol!
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576363)
Posted by LordTwann on May 22nd, 2014 @ 12:48pm CDT
Looks like these are already averaging $200 on ebay, so yeah. I don't expect I'll be finding any at retail. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576377)
Posted by gantzrunner on May 22nd, 2014 @ 1:50pm CDT
I wish I could buy just his leg claws. I got the Hasbro version and hate the gold plastic. This one looks like it has gold chrome instead. Anybody have a broken takara mold or one if those KOs that's floating around? Lol
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576432)
Posted by Myndbomb on May 22nd, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
There's been some feuding going on last few days on the various FB pages, and some have become non-public, at least until people stop being immature and posting stupid crap on each others pages.

And supposedly, any that did not sell out immediately, have been taken off the shelves and returned to the back stock rooms. The reason that's been told to a few people is that they are not supposed to be available until June and that they should have never been put out in the first place.

/shrug

We shall see in 2-3 weeks I guess.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576481)
Posted by wewyllenium on May 22nd, 2014 @ 9:37pm CDT
I need this. I hope it's made in Vietnam as well :D
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576489)
Posted by Stormrider on May 22nd, 2014 @ 10:11pm CDT
Oooh...showing off your $2 bill.

Sadly, that $2 bill is easier to obtain than Grimmy.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576512)
Posted by homicide on May 23rd, 2014 @ 1:08am CDT
That's some BS how some people are just cleaning them out of stores, I'm glad I got mine a few years ago, but it looks like I'll have to fight to get a MP Prowl when he comes out later this summer.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576548)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 23rd, 2014 @ 8:23am CDT
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576558)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 23rd, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm a bit disappointed to see they removed some paint apps, but maybe that's why it's a relatively-affordable $60. Does Reprolabels have a set for this figure?
The only paint details that were removed were the unnecessary ones that Hasbro added to their first release, which detracted from the show-accuracy of the figure and leaned more towards toy-accuracy. Otherwise, the toy is still about 97% identical to the previous release since the missing paint were just that minor and he now has some chrome toes where the first Hasbro release did not.

For convenience, the newer one will look more like the one on the right, paint apps-wise:

Though, I think the gray might also be a bit lighter and duller than both of those, but we'll see.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576564)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 23rd, 2014 @ 9:35am CDT

Does the new one come with the crown?
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576566)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 23rd, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Thanks, Sabreblade. I can see what you mean. Those red stripes on the arms are actually pretty bad looking, and the others don't add much.

Does the new one come with the crown?
Yep. It's basically the Takara version deco with the Hasbro version accessories.

Though, in person, the arm stripes and thigh spots don't look too bad on the first Hasbro release, so it wasn't as drastic a deco change as, say, Hasbro's MP Rodimus. :BLACKEYE:
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Rerelease Found at US Retail (1576570)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 23rd, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
I'm surprised Reprolabels hasn't made a set for this figure yet; maybe they will now, for this new release.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-Hasbro Transformers Gen Legends Brawn" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Brainstorm, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Class Steelbane" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY