Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail

Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail

Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 9:22am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 59,667

Optimus Clyde has reported on TFW2005 that Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock as been sighted at a Toys R Us in Allen, TX. From the price tags in the picture, Grimlock is $69.99. Click here to see the original thread.

Grimlock has also been spotted in Canada.

Have you seen Grimlock in your area? Post it in our Sightings Forum!

Credit(s): Optimus Clyde @ TFW2005

Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108680)
Posted by --B-- on August 4th, 2010 @ 9:47am CDT
Let the hunt begin!!!
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108684)
Posted by ZenPrime on August 4th, 2010 @ 9:55am CDT
so this sort of confirms why TRU.com has put all the pre-orders on hold? They will lose the extra profit if they ship the orders placed at the $59.99 price. I guess I'll just have to hit the stores to find these.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108694)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 4th, 2010 @ 10:08am CDT
It's pretty disappointing that they aren't following Hasbro's MSRP.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108699)
Posted by Stockade on August 4th, 2010 @ 10:13am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:It's pretty disappointing that they aren't following Hasbro's MSRP.

I agree
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108707)
Posted by Segor on August 4th, 2010 @ 10:30am CDT
Stockade wrote:

I agree

In my humble opinion, TRU is horrible!! :-x they have a horrible Customer Service, horrible communication, and they don't really know how to gain new customers, I think hasbro should have choose Walmart again, or even sell Grimlock themselves.

I am terribly disappointed
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108712)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on August 4th, 2010 @ 10:43am CDT
I got the origional Japanese release so I don't have to worry about finding this
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108716)
Posted by soundwave#1!!!500% on August 4th, 2010 @ 10:49am CDT
--B-- wrote:Let the hunt begin!!!

:CON: you got that right bud "let the hunt begin" :CON:
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108723)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on August 4th, 2010 @ 11:14am CDT

Have TRU ever followed MSRP? I suppose they could be closer now that Hasbro's raised the MSRP on the normal figures, but back when $9.99 was the price point for deluxe class, weren't they charging more? I remember that's what I hated about KB before they went down, and that I didn't like TRU either because they weren't much better.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108731)
Posted by paul053 on August 4th, 2010 @ 11:30am CDT
Segor wrote:In my humble opinion, TRU is horrible!! :-x

TRUE!

Segor wrote:they have a horrible Customer Service, horrible communication, and they don't really know how to gain new customers, I think hasbro should have choose Walmart again, or even sell Grimlock themselves.

I am terribly disappointed

VERY TRUE!

Is TFA's Arcee nightmare coming again?
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108733)
Posted by WheelJacked on August 4th, 2010 @ 11:36am CDT
Segor wrote:
Stockade wrote:

I agree

I am terribly disappointed

Yeah, especially considering what other figures are on those shelves. For the love of God TRU, update your stock!
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108739)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 4th, 2010 @ 11:46am CDT
$69.99? Well, that's going to have to wait until next month then. If at all. I have the Seacons, TRNS, and Munitioner and Explorer to pick up this month.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108767)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on August 4th, 2010 @ 12:32pm CDT
So does this mean that all pre-orders at the 49.99 price will be cancelled? I guess that if I see this at the store before my pre-order ships I will pick it up as I will not hold my breath with TRU.com...it is a shame really how they can increase the price as it is the only place to get the domestic release which is still relatively less expensive than the import...as many have said here, let the hunting begin

PS: HUNTING FOR TRANSFORMER TOYS SHOULD BE MUCH LIKE WFC'S VERSION OF A MULTIPLAYER...WHERE YOU GET TO FIND THE TRANSFORMER(S) YOU'RE LOOKING FOR...WHILE TAKING OUT SCALPERS WITH AN X12 SCRAPMAKER :KREMZEEK: (man I've been playing WFC wayyy too much lol)
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108768)
Posted by Zeds on August 4th, 2010 @ 12:32pm CDT
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108771)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 4th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
TRU have confirmed these for the UK too, wish I hadn't dropped the money (£110 Sterling!!) on the Takara one at the time.

It is just too awesoem a figure to have risked missing out on tho'!
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108806)
Posted by Blurrz on August 4th, 2010 @ 1:57pm CDT
Zeds wrote:Wow first time that a US release is the same price in Canada! WOW! Welcome to currency parity Canucks!

OH YEAHHH!
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108818)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 4th, 2010 @ 2:19pm CDT
im sorry but thats to much lol

and how big is the toy, is he smaller than masterpiece prime?

cause if he is then that doesnt make sense to the G1 cartoon

anyone else have a problem with there masterpiece prime/ starscream breaking by just transforming it?

cause i hate when a toy breaks for something its supposed to do

but hey i may get this (most likely will have a sell)

DOESNT HE LOOK SOOO CUTE HEHE
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108835)
Posted by soundwave#1!!!500% on August 4th, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT
:CON: wait is this the blue headed one :CON: i need to know :CON:
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108847)
Posted by GEEWUN on August 4th, 2010 @ 3:09pm CDT
soundwave#1!!!500% wrote::CON: wait is this the blue headed one :CON: i need to know :CON:

If you mean if this has blue eyes the answer is yes and no. Masterpiece Grimlock can change the color of his eyes from red to blue.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108848)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 4th, 2010 @ 3:10pm CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:im sorry but thats to much lol

and how big is the toy, is he smaller than masterpiece prime?

cause if he is then that doesnt make sense to the G1 cartoon

I have the Japanese one and I plan on getting the Hasbro version.. Trust me, he is well worth it..
He is actually almost in scale with the classics line as when the dinos first appeared they were HUGE. I actually display my Grimmy with my classics.
Re: Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at US Retail (1108867)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on August 4th, 2010 @ 3:44pm CDT
Hey does this Grimlock come with the drink tray?

Also: I agree Toys R Us does suck currently, the one near me put out movie figures instead of WFC figures with the game display. :???:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes - Leader Wave 2 - Leader Rodimus Unicronus" on EBAY
Buy "*Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider" on EBAY