Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed

Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed

Friday, September 16th, 2016 9:02am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 40,919

Remember last year when we had that legion class Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime that got a special repaint as Jeffrey the giraffe for Toys R Us? Well, that special is happening again this year, only this time with the Robots in Disguise minicon battle pack Optimus Prime! This version of Prime is once again a Toys R Us exclusive for Japan and will be available October 8. Check out an image of it below, and check out Snakes Blog where this initial report came from!

Transformers News: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed

Credit(s): Snakes Blog

Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1825415)
Posted by Agamemnon on September 16th, 2016 @ 9:37am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Image

That is horribly ugly!! :shock:

:-s

So, why do I feel the need to somehow acquire this....? #-o :lol:
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1825471)
Posted by donzai on September 16th, 2016 @ 11:55am CDT
i would totally snag that!
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1825482)
Posted by Deadput on September 16th, 2016 @ 12:30pm CDT
His name is Geoffrey Prime!
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1825558)
Posted by Cobotron on September 16th, 2016 @ 7:08pm CDT
:lol: I love that he has cloven hooves like a giraffe!
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1825788)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 17th, 2016 @ 3:31pm CDT
Cobotron wrote::lol: I love that he has cloven hooves like a giraffe!

I just noticed that as well! :lol: This is definitely amusing and has a bit of charm to it too to boot.
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1826338)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 19th, 2016 @ 5:42pm CDT
It's a good mold so I'd bite on it.
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1826545)
Posted by Microraptor on September 20th, 2016 @ 12:54pm CDT
Still love the Geoffrey sigil.
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1827063)
Posted by Relic0037 on September 21st, 2016 @ 6:10pm CDT
A friend of mine just sent me a link to a Pre Order for Geoffrey Prime at Big Bad Toy Store for anyone in the US that's interested:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828243)
Posted by Logan. on September 25th, 2016 @ 4:14am CDT
@tagoal on twitter (TAV-56)

Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828256)
Posted by Kurona on September 25th, 2016 @ 7:04am CDT
Again thanks to Seibertronian Logan., we have more images of upcoming Transformers to show you through Twitter user Tagoal!! Below are three pictures each of TakaraTomy's own version of the recently released Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Windblade as well as TAV56 Nemesis Prime, their exclusive black repaint of the recently released Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Power Surge Optimus Prime. Take a look and tell us what you think of their decos!

Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828260)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2016 @ 7:13am CDT
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828263)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 25th, 2016 @ 7:24am CDT
Man, the Windblade mold is so nice, but Hasbro's paint job (or lack thereof) makes it look so bad, and I don't have the money for the Takara... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828266)
Posted by Kurona on September 25th, 2016 @ 7:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I think that's just the Hasbro version of Starscream. The shoulder sticker is in the style of those on Hasbro's figures rather than those on Takara's figures.

You're absolutely right; I saw it right after Nemesis and Windblade on the twitter account and jumped on it :HEADHURTS: I'll fix it right away.
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828268)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 25th, 2016 @ 7:32am CDT
I don't care for Windblade or Starscream but I need that Nemesis Prime in my life.
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828287)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 25th, 2016 @ 8:56am CDT
Kurona wrote:Image

That's a RiD toy?!!?

I mean, the alt mode isn't particularly impressive, but still holy smokes.
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828288)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 25th, 2016 @ 9:00am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:
Kurona wrote:Image

That's a RiD toy?!!?

I mean, the alt mode isn't particularly impressive, but still holy smokes.

Yeah, I have the tru exclusive version, it's pretty good. But trust TT to turn these figures into the works of art and love they were designed to be, primus knows hasbro would never do that - too costly >:oP
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828289)
Posted by Cobotron on September 25th, 2016 @ 9:31am CDT
On a weird rando whim I pre-ordered this guy from AmiAmi (where you can't cancel pre-orders) and I was starting to regret it. But, now that I see these pictures I remember why I did it.
He's AWESOME! :michaelbay:

No regrets. :lol:
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828290)
Posted by Kurona on September 25th, 2016 @ 9:33am CDT
It's like rule #46 of Transformers; a black repaint is an obvious and pretty easy way to sell a toy again... but goddamn if it isn't always beautiful.
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828291)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 25th, 2016 @ 9:33am CDT
Re: Toys R Us Japan Exclusive Giraffe Prime Revealed (1828292)
Posted by SureShot18 on September 25th, 2016 @ 9:48am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Only nitpick with Nemesis, and the mold itself, is that the wings seem a little too low. Otherwise, though, he's awesome. Good work Takara. ;)^

I've thought this too. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up before. If youre going to give a figure wings make them at his shoulders, granted they probably weren't able to do that with this mold.
I really wish I hadn't missed the preorders for Nemesis Prime, although it's for the best since I already have one black Prime figure and if I got any more I'd really be down the rabbit hole.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Transformers G1 Vintage Headmaster Scorponok - Helmet for Lord Zarak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY