Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 3:26pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,056

Well that was earlier than expected. While the preorder listing on Tru.com indicates that Masterpiece Starscream will ship on October 1st, this Toysrus exclusive figure has been already been found at retail. Matt Guzy, on twitter, has indicated that this figure was found in Chandler (either Indiana or Arizona). While the preorder has not gotten "restocked", a trip to your local Toysrus could be the way of getting this sought after figure, and getting it earlier too.

UPDATE 2015 09 04

Steve Holley posted on Seibertron's facebook page the following:

"I found 2 at the TRU in Fullerton CA today, so they are definitely hitting early. $59.99"

For Canadians, the preorder is still open and I was advised that for those who have gotten the 30% off raincheck, you can present the raincheck with your bill to any Toyrsus store in Canada once you have been billed and paid for your order. The amount you should save should then be credited when showing your raincheck.

A bit of info on this figure: It is the Hasbro reissue of Takara's MP 11. While it does not have the coronation gear, it does come with the stand, which Takara's version did not have, and the most obvious variation so far is the blue nosecone.

Transformers News: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail

Credit(s): Matt Guzy, Steve Holley

This article was last modified on Friday, September 4th, 2015 9:21am CDT

Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723597)
Posted by Shockwave7 on September 3rd, 2015 @ 6:58pm CDT
I admit I like that Seeker MP mold better than the one where the jet sides are just hanging off their hips. But I just can't bring myself to spend the extra dough...
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723602)
Posted by nycPrime on September 3rd, 2015 @ 7:49pm CDT
Since the price difference between this and the CW leader version is relatively minimal, I might just have to pull the trigger on the MP, assuming I can find it at a TRU.
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723730)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on September 4th, 2015 @ 9:12am CDT
I will be picking this up, as I had the old style and need this updated mold. Not sure many will find them in ToysRUs though? More like Evil-Bay...Dang it! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723731)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on September 4th, 2015 @ 9:12am CDT
:-( .
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723734)
Posted by william-james88 on September 4th, 2015 @ 9:34am CDT
G1COLLECTOR wrote::-( .

Dont dispare. These are popping up all over the states now. I am sure you will find one at your TRU if you check it out once a week.

He has now been spotted in California. And every sighting so far reports the 59.99$
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723739)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on September 4th, 2015 @ 10:03am CDT
Yeah. People shouldn't worry about finding starscream.

My toys r us has gotten bluestreak in.
And he has been pretty easy to find in other toysrus's near me.

william-james88 wrote:
G1COLLECTOR wrote::-( .

same price as bluestreak?
That's good ha!
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723741)
Posted by william-james88 on September 4th, 2015 @ 10:09am CDT
Deathsaurus1 wrote:Yeah. People shouldn't worry about finding starscream.

My toys r us has gotten bluestreak in.
And he has been pretty easy to find in other toysrus's near me.

william-james88 wrote:
G1COLLECTOR wrote::-( .

same price as bluestreak?
That's good ha!

I know it's awesome. Ryan (Seibertron himself) was very right about something; he said the smaller licensed cars would cost more than they do in Japan while the bigger unlicensed TFs would cost less and the fact that the prices are the same confirms that. I get the feeling that aquiring a license in the US is pricier than in Japan. :-?
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723744)
Posted by KnightAero on September 4th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT

I did this with Devastator, and MP Bluestreak... Devastator I managed to get under $100... Bluestreak I got for around $38.
Devastator I happend to have a 25% off coupon, I signed up for the Credit Card and got an additional 15% off, and finally used $10 TRU Bucks... Bluestreak I could have gotten less had I found a 25% off coupon, but seemingly non-existant this month...

Without that initial signup TRU has 10% off on Thursdays. Rumor mill says that they are going to do this for Saturdays during Christmas time again. :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Credit cards yes are evil, but if you pay it off... This strategy can literally save you more money than waiting for Amazon, HTS, or any other online retailer.
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723782)
Posted by william-james88 on September 4th, 2015 @ 1:33pm CDT

You can then check out the gallery of the original Japanese issue to see what the changes are. Let us know what you find on the boards!

Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723786)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 4th, 2015 @ 1:40pm CDT
KnightAero wrote:TRU Secret folks... Always buy with a coupon and buy on Thursdays with your TRU Credit card...

Where'd you get the 25% of coupon :shock:
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723796)
Posted by Jones on September 4th, 2015 @ 2:19pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:We just heard yesterday that Hasbro's Transformers Masterpiece Starscream was found at Toysrus and now we have a video review.

Starscream looks as good as he should. 8-)

While a good review in general, there are two things that need to be pointed out:

1) You don't need to take off his null rays to transform. That's why they're on the double ball joint. Once you fiddle with them a bit, it's easy to do without popping them off and on every time.

2) Reviewer never flipped out the heel that's tucked in to the topside of his engines, which gives Starscream an actual stable set of feet to stand on. Watching Starscream almost fall over for half that video was painful. LOL #-o

Can't wait for my preorder to come in. :DANCE:
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723846)
Posted by dragons on September 4th, 2015 @ 6:12pm CDT
Jones wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Can't wait for my preorder to come in. :DANCE:

uh oh
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723883)
Posted by .... on September 4th, 2015 @ 9:57pm CDT
Jones wrote:

Starscream looks as good as he should. 8-)

Can't wait for my preorder to come in. :DANCE:

I agree with you. My biggest pet peeve, is when a reviewer gets something wrong, and blames the figure for it. ARRGGG it's so painful to watch! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723919)
Posted by william-james88 on September 4th, 2015 @ 11:23pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:

The reviewer also agrees so here is his extra review to make up for what he missed:

Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723931)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 5th, 2015 @ 12:32am CDT

Also, the hologram pilot is apparently opaque black plastic instead of translucent blue in Hasbro's release. I haven't noted any other deco differences quite yet. Even the wing striping seems to be identical.
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723932)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on September 5th, 2015 @ 12:40am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Good, he also figured out the tabs on the wings to fit into the slots on the back of the robot mode. That was killing me, watching the wings on his figure flop around every time he breathed the wrong way.

is it just me or does the blue seem to be a different?
This is all I want confirmed haha.
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723934)
Posted by william-james88 on September 5th, 2015 @ 12:46am CDT

You mean aside fro the nose cone right?

The Blue and red is said to be 2 toned. Like how the hands have a different shade of blue than the forearms. Was that also the case with Takara? Also, his missile pods are painted while I dont think Takara's was.

Here are some in hand pics from various sources (if you see your pic, let me know!)

Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1723937)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 5th, 2015 @ 1:01am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You mean aside fro the nose cone right?

Yes, except for the nosecone. I thought everyone already knew about that from the first promotional pics. :P

Yes, the reds and blues are of two tones on Takara's as well. This is due to some parts being cast in red or blue plastic and other parts being presumably light gray plastic painted over red or blue. The colors match VERY well on Takara's, I don't know if that is the case or not for Hasbro's. With Takara's you can tell what is paint and what is plastic, because the paint is shiny metallic or glossy, while the plastic has metallic flaking in it. Also, Takara's does have painted missile pods, presuming you're referring to his "12 robot nipples" under this chest turbines. They're even painted the same color: white.

I've got a question now, based on an alleged China-only release of MP-11 from 2013. It's said to have a nosecone cast in light gray plastic instead of blue plastic painted gray, attributed to the Takara version. My version, which is supposedly the pan-Asian release (not exclusive to China), has a nose cone that is DEFINITATELY cast in gray plastic. You an see light through it when you open it up to reveal the radar dish. However, it can't be the Chinese version, because it still has the dark gray painted panels on the top of the jet fuselage. Those panels are supposedly light gray like the rest of the fuselage on the Chinese version. So, is it only the first run of the Takara release that had a blue plastic nosecone painted light gray, or is the person on tfwiki who recently added that sorely mistaken in his information?
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1724018)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 5th, 2015 @ 1:53pm CDT
I'm really torn but I think I'm just going to try and hunt down a Takara MP-11. Granted I have a Japanese imported Wal-Mart MP-03, with the coronation add on, so I'm in no real rush.
Re: ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Starscream MP 07 Found at US Retail UPDATE with Price (1724157)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 6th, 2015 @ 2:06am CDT
Side by side comparison, at last!

The Hasbro version is on the left. The Takara version is on the right.

Looks like the Hasbro version has a silver trim around the Decepticon logos on the wings that Takara's version lacks. Also, though it may be a trick of the lighting, it looks like Hasbro went with a darker blue metallic paint than the Takara version, creating more contrast with the blue plastic molded parts. Takara's blue paint and plastic seem to match a lot better. The cockpit on the Hasbro version seems to be a lighter amber color too. Of course, let's not forget either the blue nosecone on Hasbro's versus Takara's light gray and the opaque black holopilot instead of translucent blue. It's interesting that Hasbro couldn't help but fiddle with Starscream after being so good with sticking to Takara's paint masks and colors with MP Prowl, Bluestreak, and even Grimlock. Oh well, I guess.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG11 Chromia Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "Deadlock Transformers Legends  Takara Tomy" on EBAY