New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface

New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface

Friday, June 26th, 2009 3:37am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 17,864

Thanks to The Arker and Seibertron.com member Real Devastator, we get additional box images of TRU Exclusive Reissue Perceptor. Perceptor as well as the Insecticons were first found in a Canadian TRU Computer listing, under the Reissue tagline. With these images, Transformers fans can expect Perceptor and the Insecticons to be arriving at TRU in the upcoming year.

Re: TFU Perceptor - Box
Re: TFU Perceptor - Box
Re: TFU Perceptor - Box
Re: TFU Perceptor - Box
Re: TFU Perceptor - Box

For the original link from The Arker, click here; Perceptor

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest Transformers news and insight!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, the-arker.com

This article was last modified on Friday, June 26th, 2009 11:14am CDT

Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942784)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 26th, 2009 @ 3:59am CDT
at what price?
maybe the same as soundwave
i think that is reasonable
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942800)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 26th, 2009 @ 4:55am CDT
Pretty damn sweet, especially with the Insecticons soon to come as well!! Definitely a must have for both!! B-)
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942808)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 26th, 2009 @ 5:43am CDT
I already have an original Perceptor and Magnificus (now my SG Perceptor) so won't be buying him again. However it is a great figure and if you don't have it I suggest you do.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942814)
Posted by TankedThomas on June 26th, 2009 @ 6:08am CDT
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942816)
Posted by Blurrz on June 26th, 2009 @ 6:10am CDT
TCJJ wrote:Ok, so why is this front page news? We already had this and the Insecticons 100% confirmed for later this year at Botcon... We also got prices, which I believe were either US$49.99 or US$59.99, but apparently Perceptor's missile does not fire (it is useable but has no spring-loaded mechanism). The way they talked about it at Botcon was almost as if past reissues didn't even have the missile, but I'm not sure because I don't own any version of this figure.

Pictures > Words. Like I said in my prior post, this is the first glimpse of what the Reissue box will look like.

Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942834)
Posted by capellamusic on June 26th, 2009 @ 7:00am CDT
Excelent, can't wait! It shall be mine :D .

But on the "upcoming year"? Wasn't it for September? No problem though, and I actually prefer only next year... September will be a terrible month for me :( .
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942846)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 26th, 2009 @ 7:29am CDT
Sweet, hope it comes to the UK.

Do those images show the true colours? They seem a little darker than I remember.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942852)
Posted by DREWCIFER on June 26th, 2009 @ 7:46am CDT
Cool! I have a KO Preceptor that is just CRAP. This will be great for my collection. A little black spray paint and my KO will become Magnificus....

Hasblow...why not create a new face sculpt? I mean there is new artwork, well sort of, so why not make a new head sculpt...

:DEVIL:
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942854)
Posted by Mechastrike on June 26th, 2009 @ 7:48am CDT
i hope he still works as a microscope like his original G1 version.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942861)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 26th, 2009 @ 7:58am CDT
NO WAY! That's almost too good to be true. That's a must-buy, to go with my TRU re-issue Soundwave, which I keep in the box because it's such a nice package to display. I'm so glad they went with the same type of box for Perceptor.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942865)
Posted by Diem on June 26th, 2009 @ 8:06am CDT
it's good that they remembered his oft-forgot tank mode.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942879)
Posted by capellamusic on June 26th, 2009 @ 8:36am CDT
Mechastrike wrote:i hope he still works as a microscope like his original G1 version.

Yeah, I also wondered about that because it says in the box that it isn't a working microscope, but I guess that's just to say it isn'ta real microscope, so it may still have that ~10x magnification it had :) .
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942886)
Posted by Zeds on June 26th, 2009 @ 8:40am CDT
Frackin' awesome! Put me down for two please and thank you!
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942958)
Posted by First-Aid on June 26th, 2009 @ 11:11am CDT
It WILL be mine...oh yes...it WILL be mine.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (942977)
Posted by Mechastrike on June 26th, 2009 @ 11:48am CDT
@ capellamusic

i didn't read the entire article. the box said it's not a working microscope. :oops:
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (943003)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 26th, 2009 @ 12:27pm CDT
Even though I have the G1 version I may pick this one up to display with my classics.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (943010)
Posted by Electron on June 26th, 2009 @ 12:31pm CDT
can anyone tell me if the japanese box reissue, had magnifying action?

thanks
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (943069)
Posted by Cyberjet #7 on June 26th, 2009 @ 2:17pm CDT
I'm pretty sure E-hobby Magnificus has the 10x magnification. I'm not sure about the TFC version.

This one has better packaging than the SDCC Soundwave, but I still don't like the 25th Anniversary/TFU stuff. All re-issues should just be associated with re-issue packaging - 25th/TFU are for updated versions. Anyway, I'll get this if it's around the $30-$40 mark. Considering the SDCC SW has four cassettes and a figure of about the same size, I can't see Perceptor being more than $50. Though TRU is known for having higher priced exclusives.

The TRU Insecticons will probably be closer to $50 though; since there's three and Habsro knows they're hot.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (943070)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 26th, 2009 @ 2:19pm CDT
I am totally rushing out and buying this as soon as it comes out. I have wanted a new Perceptor since my granparents threw out all the old TFs they had at their place, and I never got around to getting the TFC one because it's pretty expensive.

Excited!! :D

Edit: Oh yeah and I agree I wished they'd kept the reissue packages consistent, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it. At least the Universe packaging looks nicer than Classics.
Re: New images of TRU exclusive Perceptor reissue surface (943085)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2009 @ 2:25pm CDT
Finally ill be able to get Perceptor. Cant wait. Any word on price?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY