Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings

Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 10:45am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,174

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It has been gradual, but Toysrus is now reopening all their stores in Canada. Of course there are changes, such as single direction arrows, plexi glass, purel stations and a moretorium on in store events, but at least Canadians can go back in stores and get toys for their kids or themselves. Their Transformers section is fully stocked and it even includes some new sightings for Canadians. The latest Cyberverse deluxe toys are there, Grimlock and Hot Rod, and they also have the two Gold Rush Botbots sets. All these toys mentioned are $29.99 CAD.

Transformers News: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings

Transformers News: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066152)
Posted by cruizerdave on June 2nd, 2020 @ 10:51am CDT
Am I the only one who couldn't give crap about Botbots?
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066153)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2020 @ 11:00am CDT
cruizerdave wrote:Am I the only one who couldn't give crap about Botbots?


You're not the only one. Still, there's enough people who are into the little guys so the line keep going.

Speaking of TrU, I'm glad I finally found ER leader Optimus Prime. I'm surprised to say that he's well worth the full 80$can with taxes.
I'm still using the Club R warranty so that if he get on sale in the next 90 days after purchase, I can get the difference refunded.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066154)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 2nd, 2020 @ 11:03am CDT
Rainmaker sets still on shelves yet ebayer asking for stoopid prices :(
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066157)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on June 2nd, 2020 @ 11:48am CDT
I need a Nova Storm. Those Rainmaker sets just sitting there :-(
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066158)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2020 @ 11:57am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Rainmaker sets still on shelves yet ebayer asking for stoopid prices :(


Just laugh at them.
The rainmakers are on shelves still, but at the regular 100$can plus taxes. They'll be on some final sale soon enough.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066160)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2020 @ 12:14pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Rainmaker sets still on shelves yet ebayer asking for stoopid prices :(


Just laugh at them.
The rainmakers are on shelves still, but at the regular 100$can plus taxes. They'll be on some final sale soon enough.

That's a terrific price though since that's the old voyager price an not the new one.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066161)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2020 @ 12:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Rainmaker sets still on shelves yet ebayer asking for stoopid prices :(


Just laugh at them.
The rainmakers are on shelves still, but at the regular 100$can plus taxes. They'll be on some final sale soon enough.

That's a terrific price though since that's the old voyager price an not the new one.


That, I know. But the set went down to 75$ often enough. That sale price is still too much for someone like me who already have his fill of seekers.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066172)
Posted by RNSrobot on June 2nd, 2020 @ 2:18pm CDT
lmao "shelves are full."

Guarantee this is not the photo you will see at 90% of the stores in the country. That's not a TRU thing or their fault. TF distribution has been rotten for the past year+ at all outlets.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066173)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2020 @ 2:29pm CDT
RNSrobot wrote:lmao "shelves are full."

Guarantee this is not the photo you will see at 90% of the stores in the country. That's not a TRU thing or their fault. TF distribution has been rotten for the past year+ at all outlets.


You can say that again. Especially for my local Walmart where it's Tumbleweed City.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066179)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2020 @ 3:19pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RNSrobot wrote:lmao "shelves are full."

Guarantee this is not the photo you will see at 90% of the stores in the country. That's not a TRU thing or their fault. TF distribution has been rotten for the past year+ at all outlets.


You can say that again. Especially for my local Walmart where it's Tumbleweed City.

But we're talking about toysrus, didnt you say that yoir toysrus had quite a lot of stuff?
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066215)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2020 @ 4:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:But we're talking about toysrus, didnt you say that yoir toysrus had quite a lot of stuff?


My local TrU didn't really had that much new stuff. It was a miracle that I got a ER Optimus. There was just one among at least 8 ER Astrotrains. As for Studio Series, they are still stuck at least 3 waves behind Walmart. This is ridiculous.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066230)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2020 @ 6:02pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:But we're talking about toysrus, didnt you say that yoir toysrus had quite a lot of stuff?


My local TrU didn't really had that much new stuff. It was a miracle that I got a ER Optimus. There was just one among at least 8 ER Astrotrains. As for Studio Series, they are still stuck at least 3 waves behind Walmart. This is ridiculous.

Not new stuff, just stuff, did your tru have lots of stuff? The discussion here is whether ir not thr shelves are full. TRU has always been behind walmart, thats nothing new.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066233)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 2nd, 2020 @ 6:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:But we're talking about toysrus, didnt you say that yoir toysrus had quite a lot of stuff?


My local TrU didn't really had that much new stuff. It was a miracle that I got a ER Optimus. There was just one among at least 8 ER Astrotrains. As for Studio Series, they are still stuck at least 3 waves behind Walmart. This is ridiculous.

Not new stuff, just stuff, did your tru have lots of stuff? The discussion here is whether ir not thr shelves are full. TRU has always been behind walmart, thats nothing new.


What's the point of being full of old stuff?
Sure it's nice for the latecomers, but still. Eh, just a few months back my TrU was FULL of stock... That is, TLK "premier" deluxes and TLK "premier" voyager Hounds.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066249)
Posted by Cheetron on June 2nd, 2020 @ 8:54pm CDT
That's more product than any store within 50 miles of me has!
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2066255)
Posted by zko on June 2nd, 2020 @ 10:31pm CDT
Having inventory is nice, wish TRU was still around here in southern USA... mostly just jealous of that Omega Supreme on the very end though, would like to get a nice price on one of them.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2068875)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2020 @ 4:20pm CDT
Cyberverse Armor Cheetor is on clearance at Toys R Us for 26.48$!

15928607718924777653960046720588.jpg
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2068934)
Posted by william-james88 on June 22nd, 2020 @ 10:20pm CDT
Siege battlemasters are on sale at walmart for 0.02$
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2068947)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 23rd, 2020 @ 4:06am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Siege battlemasters are on sale at walmart for 0.02$


More or less true. This is what I call a "stealth clearance". And so far, those kind of clearance are independent from each Walmarts. Last time when I bought a bunch of Battlemasters at 1$ each at a Walmart, they were at full price in another Walmart the day after.

So unless it's "official rollback", all clearance sales are independent.
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2070782)
Posted by william-james88 on July 6th, 2020 @ 10:57pm CDT
While there are several figures found recently in Canada that have yet to hit the US, there are others that are really late.

We'll start with those. The Studio series deluxe wave that includes Offroad Bumblebee, Shatter and Roadbuster has been found at brick and mortar retail. They were found at Walmarts across the country with the specific sighting below coming from Montreal, Canada.

The voyager wave with Sentinel Prime has yet to be seen and the previous voyager wave with Mixmaster was never spotted at big box retail (just Amazon and briefly EB Games). So if any of you Canadians spot those voyagers at Walmart or Toysrus, let us know.

There have been many new sightings for Earthrise. All the following come from boards posts on Cybertron.ca.

Skylynx was found in an Ontario EB Games by AgeofTransformers. They also found leader class Doubledealer at Walmart.

Rung and Slitherfang were found in an Ontario Walmart by Transbot90210.

A collectable store found in Ottawa and Montreal called CMD got their shipments for Earthrise Scorponok and Skylynx as well. That was reported by Huasotron 75.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Toysrus Reopens across Canada with New Sightings (2070783)
Posted by Ultra Mad on July 6th, 2020 @ 11:19pm CDT
I can confirm some of this. I received today my Skylynx from CMD store in Ottawa. He is amazing but I should have waited to find him at EB Games. I also saw and bought Shatter and Roadbuster from EB games in Montreal sunday.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES DELUXE THE LAST KNIGHT WWII AUTOBOT HOT ROD MISB #50" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Constructicons Long Haul Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.o.t.f  Fast Action Battlers Devastation blast long haul 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Action Figure LONG HAUL 42" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series Voyager Class - KSI Boss #43 US Seller!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations armada starscream MC Donald toy 2002 never opened." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG31 Rhinox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Constructicons Devastator Lot - Long Haul Scrapper Bonecrusher +" on EBAY