Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character."

Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character."

Monday, June 25th, 2012 7:12am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,119

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Follow Transformers Mosaic on Deviant Art, Facebook & Twitter

DESTRUCTIVE CHARACTER

Story by:
Martin Fisher

Art by:
Jake Isenberg

Colors by:
Kal Kyle

Letters by:
Dave Reynolds

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393701)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on June 25th, 2012 @ 7:30am CDT
Nicely done! Great artwork. :APPLAUSE:

Is that Treadbolt I see in the third panel?

But hey, shouldn't it say "Decepticons" in the last frame rather than Autobots? 'Cons are the good guys in that universe, right?
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393708)
Posted by Anonymous on June 25th, 2012 @ 7:43am CDT
Cobalt Prime wrote:Nicely done! Great artwork. :APPLAUSE:

Is that Treadbolt I see in the third panel?

I'm not sure I understand why anyone uses that and "bad guys" any more. Characters nowadays are more complex than that. :-B
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393712)
Posted by Bass X0 on June 25th, 2012 @ 7:48am CDT
Seems like Inferno is willing to let his own side get caught in his blasts.

Which is likely the characterisation the writers were going for.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393713)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2012 @ 7:54am CDT
Bass X0 wrote:Seems like Inferno is willing to let his own side get caught in his blasts.

Which is likely the characterisation the writers were going for.
I thought it was Grapple, with the whole "I destroy buildings :twisted: " schtick.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393718)
Posted by tronprogram on June 25th, 2012 @ 8:33am CDT
It's Grapple.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393758)
Posted by Savage on June 25th, 2012 @ 10:13am CDT

Also, the bit about Autobots getting caught in the crossfire sets off alarms. At first it reads like a typo, but combined with the questionable SG setting, it serves no purpose but to confuse the reader. For clarity's sake, that line ought to have read "my fellow Autobots" or "my despicable Autobot brethren". Any number of phrases could have worked to both limit confusion and cement the SG setting.

If you're going to write in the SG universe, clarity has to be of the utmost importance.

Oh, and it's "Transformers" not "Transforemrs".

If this is an example of the quality of the remaining Mosaics, I'm happy to see it go. I always hate when a comic/show/etc starts off strong and a few years down the road has become an over-the-top, cheap imitation of itself.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393840)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 25th, 2012 @ 12:21pm CDT
Savage wrote:This is one of the few disappointing Mosaics I have ever read. The actual dialog is sparse, bland, and does nothing to identify the characters as SG. Thrust is the only character named on the page, with his blue colors being our first hint that this is Shattered Glass. I'm assuming the third Decepticon is SG Dreadwind, as the color scheme pictured belongs to the Classicverse Autobot Treadshot.

Oh, and it's "Transformers" not "Transforemrs".

To ALL of the harsh critics of these Mosaics:
If you are going to sh** on it THAT badly, why don't you ask for your money back?
Oh that's right, it's free, these are fan submissions and the majority of which are done by amateur/aspiring artists and are simple one-shot contributions made for the sheer fun of it. Why must everyone feel that they have to rip these submissions apart like they are some professionally done work that you have paid some ungodly amount of money for?
FFS, these are fans having fun and sharing their ideas and attempts with other fans. Cut folks some slack and enjoy it for what it is!
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393904)
Posted by agentk9 on June 25th, 2012 @ 2:29pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:

Oh, and it's "Transformers" not "Transforemrs".

To ALL of the harsh critics of these Mosaics:

Thanx T-Mack! At least SOMEONE gets it!
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393950)
Posted by Segor on June 25th, 2012 @ 3:44pm CDT
agentk9 wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:

Oh, and it's "Transformers" not "Transforemrs".

To ALL of the harsh critics of these Mosaics:

Thanx T-Mack! At least SOMEONE gets it!

Wow, for a moment I felt like I was reading something out from a website related to the year 2005 with all the harsh words and criticism… well, doesn’t matter.

I think the art work and pain job were AWESOME, I loved it. And the story was pretty good, the fact that he said Autobots at the end made him sound even crazier and more evil because of the sadism of getting his fellow autobots ‘involved’ in his deeds. Reminds me of Tarantulas from Beast Wars
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393958)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 25th, 2012 @ 3:52pm CDT
I liked it. I'm intrigued by the orange conehead because it looks like a KO I have.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1393991)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 25th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
Guys, I think the huge purple Autobot symbol on the door would have tipped you off that it's Shattered Glass. ;)
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1394021)
Posted by Stormrider on June 25th, 2012 @ 5:46pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:

Oh, and it's "Transformers" not "Transforemrs".

To ALL of the harsh critics of these Mosaics:

I liked the artwork and although I don't follow SG I found it interesting.

However, T-Macksimus, I disagree with your statement. Why are you so quick to jump on anyone that has anything negative to say? Savage points are valid.

T-Macksimus you are always arguing the same point "these comics are free so you cannot critique them". Poppycock! If the comics are posted on this website then they are open for discussion just like everything else.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1394049)
Posted by Autobot-Hellstriker on June 25th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CDT

The true colors for a SG Grpple would have to be blue. Also if he's purple here, he'd have to be green like a G1 Constructicon but he's not a member of that group.

The color choice doesn't make sense for him.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1394052)
Posted by agentk9 on June 25th, 2012 @ 7:42pm CDT
Autobot-Hellstriker wrote:I just dont understand the choice of colors for Grapple. Most SG transformers have a inverted colorscheme in the opposite of their G1 colors but purple isn't the opposite of yellow.

The color choice doesn't make sense for him.

Yes, purple IS the opposite of yellow. :)
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1394067)
Posted by Autobot-Hellstriker on June 25th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CDT
Purple is not the opposite of yellow.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1394077)
Posted by agentk9 on June 25th, 2012 @ 8:59pm CDT
Autobot-Hellstriker wrote:Purple is not the opposite of yellow.

Yes, they are. In color theory it's called complimentary colors. Please check out a color wheel.

Opposite colors are:
yellow/purple
red/green
blue/orange

;)
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1394097)
Posted by agentk9 on June 25th, 2012 @ 10:05pm CDT

The color choice doesn't make sense for him.

Upon reviewing your comment again, I see that you are speaking mainly of the additive color theory, which is RGB. I'm speaking of the more widely taught and traditional subtractive color theory of RBY. Artists are more commonly taught RBY because this is the way pigments in paint respond to each other, which is different from RGB which is how our eyes respond to light. Hopefully that helps you understand the color choice for Grapple.
Re: Transforemrs Mosaic: "Destructive Character." (1394110)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 25th, 2012 @ 10:22pm CDT
Did no-one notice the bit at the beginning of the comic that reads "In the Shattered Glass Universe?" Did no-one notice the obvious visual clue in the panel with Grapple - the building exploding with SHATTERED GLASS issuing forth?

As someone who has very little knowledge of the Shattered Glass Universe, I immediately recognised the character as Grapple. His love of destruction is a clear "opposite" to his traditional love of construction. What else is needed to understand this comic?

Regardless of what colour is opposite to yellow, which could be argued ad nauseam, I think this is a brilliant example of creativity within the community and should be encouraged. Certainly, the artwork is fantastic and far better than anything I could produce. I applaud those responsible for this comic for both their skill and bravery for unleashing this project into what is sometimes a rabid and unjustly harsh fan community.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY