Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave

Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave

Tuesday, December 20th, 2016 11:31am CST

Category: Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,607

Scottimus Prime has reached out to us with his video showing the transformation for Blastwave. You get to see the similarities and changes to Megatronus, which share the same base mold. This is great for fans of the upcoming Bludgeon toy since this is the same toy but in an autobot deco.

Credit(s): Scottimus Prime

Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848071)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 20th, 2016 @ 12:36pm CST
As if a Bludgeon would allow an Autobot walking around with an identical body...
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848091)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on December 20th, 2016 @ 2:06pm CST
so....the hands dont fold away like they did on Megatronus?
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848109)
Posted by william-james88 on December 20th, 2016 @ 3:13pm CST
The latest Deluxe and Legion wave for Robots in Disguise is slowly making its way across the US. For the deluxes, which include Alpine Drift, Stormshot and Blastwave, they have now also been found at Target (the images below are from Palatine, IL).

Target also now has the latest Legion wave, which includes Satarscream and Springload (the ones below were found in Okemos, MI). And if you dont have a Target or TRU in your area no worries, these anticipated legion toys are now on Amazon too. You can get Springload here and Starscream here.

Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848177)
Posted by RAR on December 20th, 2016 @ 9:26pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Has the newer wave release of Grimlock had its exploding elbows fixed?

I never opened the Warrior Grimlock I bought as I happened to buy the KO one and pick up the 3 step around the same time at a carbootsale so I never got around to opening the warrior one. If I see one in revised packaging then I might give it a try - but would I be brave enough to bend the elbows though - hard to say.

I like the look of that plane and it's nice Starscream is getting a regular release version too - I would hope RID has a bit longer legs now though as I would really hope they get around to doing Thundercracker before the line dies as incomplete seeker sets drives me crazy.
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848180)
Posted by ScottyP on December 20th, 2016 @ 9:31pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I've been hearing it has
I bought the Wave 8 or 9 or whatever repack in the Weaponizer packaging, same problems :(
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848187)
Posted by Seibertron on December 20th, 2016 @ 10:03pm CST
Out of curiosity, have you guys tried the fix I showed in my video on the Seibertron.com YouTube channel? Simple fix that negates this problem.

Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848202)
Posted by RAR on December 20th, 2016 @ 11:11pm CST
Remember kids safety in the work place !!

I didn't bother fixing my Gold Armour one as I was so unimpressed by his floppiness I just shoved him at the back of a shelf and forgot about him - and I simply will leave the elbows at the angle needed for T-rex mode.

I might not even have a green one to play with unless I pick one up at a Carboot sale as like I have said before the KO (or the remoulded Voyager) is a better bet.
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848228)
Posted by wolverinetodd on December 21st, 2016 @ 7:53am CST
Nik Hero wrote:I just want Skunkticons!

I was hoping for a Chop Shop combiner, but I didn't get that either. I guess we're both S.O.L.
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848229)
Posted by william-james88 on December 21st, 2016 @ 8:35am CST
wolverinetodd wrote:
Nik Hero wrote:I just want Skunkticons!

Hey man, thats nothing compared to the legion of fans who are wanting Takara's take on Liokaiser while the Unite Warriors line is now over.
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848244)
Posted by ThunderThruster on December 21st, 2016 @ 10:36am CST
Counterpunch wrote:I can't wait for the inevitable Takara redeco of the Combiner Force into the Multi-Force. :michaelbay: :TAKARATOMY: :michaelbay:

you sir, have piqued my intrigue
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848627)
Posted by Bronzewolf on December 23rd, 2016 @ 5:43pm CST
Seibertronians, the Transformers: Robots In Disguise Combiner Force subline seems to be in full swing! After it was announced at NYCC this year, the toys have slowly but surely made thier way to store shelves. Today we have another example of that, as our own supreme overlord Seibertron has spotted the Combiner Force Bumblebee and Stuntwing Two Pack in Illinois! Check out the photos below, and notice the Strongarm two pack solicited on the back of the box!

Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848634)
Posted by RAR on December 23rd, 2016 @ 6:47pm CST
The Combiner Force One-Step changers Drift, Optimus & Bumblebee are also now out in UK Store The Entertainer (and on their website too).
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848766)
Posted by Va'al on December 25th, 2016 @ 11:39am CST
Via UK retailer The Entertainer, we have some official images of upcoming One-Step Changers from the Transformers: Robots in Disguise line of toys - Combiner Force subline - featuring Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, and Drift. Check them out below!

Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848796)
Posted by Deviancy on December 25th, 2016 @ 2:55pm CST
I picked up the one step changer Bumblebee and Paralon. Bumblebee is pretty cool, very easy to transform, obviously, but stands on display with ease. Paralon, while he looks cool, the joints on the legs make him a bit of a pain to put on display since the legs tend to give out.

All in all, I have a little bit of buyers remorse when it comes to Paralon and I'm not fond of the Autobot and Decepticon sticker emblems they use now. It would have been nice if they had painted on the emblems instead.

And yes, its been a long time since I collected Transformer figures, the last one I got up until this month was back in the late 80's.
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848921)
Posted by ScottyP on December 26th, 2016 @ 6:45pm CST

Can anyone else confirm that, or are my eyes going bonkers on me?
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848945)
Posted by Zeedust on December 26th, 2016 @ 10:03pm CST
Is it just me, or does the new 1-step Bumblebee look like you could basically take the car off the robot and have two separate toys?
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848959)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2016 @ 11:19pm CST
ScottyP wrote:So Combiner Force vs Clash of the Transformers Warrior Starscream - need some help because I don't trust my eyes completely on this. It seems the CotTF version uses the same paint on the guns, chest vents, and outside/"helmet" part of the head, which has a hint of bronze in it. The CF version uses the same barely bronze paint on the guns, but goes for a metallic black on the chest vents and head.

Can anyone else confirm that, or are my eyes going bonkers on me?
Honestly, I feel like I really can't tell what is or isn't different between the two versions just by looking at them separately. If someone could get their hands on both in person and post comparison photos of the two side-by-side, that'd be marvelous.
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848979)
Posted by Va'al on December 27th, 2016 @ 5:58am CST
Via the official Transformers Facebook page, we have another clip (first one was here) of the upcoming warrior class Robots in Disguise Soundwave - and it looks like it's an activator, thank to the accompanying Mini-Con! Designer Sean Carmen Isabella explains more in the clip, and we get to see the transformation and gimmick too - check it out below.

Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848983)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on December 27th, 2016 @ 7:46am CST
He looks a bit TFA
Re: Transformation Video for Robots in Disguise Blastwave (1848985)
Posted by bluecatcinema on December 27th, 2016 @ 7:58am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:He looks a bit TFA

The vehicle mode is inspired by his WFC incarnation.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - TRU Exclusive Masterpiece - MP-01 Acid Storm (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY