Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron

Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron

Sunday, March 26th, 2017 12:27pm CDT

Category: Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,803

Fellow Seibertronians Cyberpath, DecepticonFinishline and supermegaultrababe found a video showcasing the transformation of MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron. The reviewer is Chinese and decided it would be best to have sentences at the bottom of the video as it plays to music. We don't get the best sense of the reviewer's opinion, aside from some really cool aspects in the transformation and a thumbs up here and there, but this should give you all a good idea of what is involved with this toy. Many were wondering if Takara could do what no one else did so far and do a pleasant transformation that didn't take forever, so now you be the judge to see if that happened. MP Megatron comes out early April, how many of you have preordered him, and how many are still waiting to see if he is worth his high price before making the plunge?

Credit(s): Minhduc Pham

This article was last modified on Monday, March 27th, 2017 9:03am CDT

Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869444)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 26th, 2017 @ 12:53pm CDT
Oooh boy. That's going to take a little getting used to. There are a lot of panels.

But...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SO stoked!
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869447)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 26th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CDT
This thing is unbelievable, but it is a total obscenity work of art no, definitely an obscenity, he is literally made of moving parts, and might have become the preemptive and permanent standard to which all ball-aching transformations are measured, I mean, he doesn't look like fun to even think about transforming. But seriously, I am in awe of the level of engineering put into this figure, it is truly masterful :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869450)
Posted by steals_your_goats on March 26th, 2017 @ 1:36pm CDT
Oh wow that transformation looks like a huge ball ache. However there's a lot of clever engineering going on here that I can appreciate. Very good looking figure and I think he justifies his price tag pretty well. Only real complaint is the crotch
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869453)
Posted by SureShot18 on March 26th, 2017 @ 2:01pm CDT
Looks like way too many moving parts to actually be enjoyable. But damn if the engineering doesn't look impressive. Despotron and Mightron actually have relatively good transformations. Complex but still enjoyable. Mightron actually employs a really neat trick where the legs and arms condense in one step from gun to robot.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869457)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 26th, 2017 @ 2:13pm CDT
Just worked out why it's so expensive, it's the instruction sheet. It's got to be massive!
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869463)
Posted by Cobotron on March 26th, 2017 @ 2:48pm CDT
The robot mode looks like it makes for a really fun action figure. The Alt mode looks like a ton of fun to pew pew all around the town. But that transformation looks like the exact opposite of what I would call fun. I think a root canal would be more fun.

Still looks great once you get through it though.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869464)
Posted by Kurona on March 26th, 2017 @ 2:53pm CDT
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869469)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 26th, 2017 @ 3:50pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath (and several other fans) found a video showcasing the transformation of MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron. The reviewer is Chinese and decided it would be best to have sentences at the bottom of the video as it plays to music. We don't get the best sense of the reviewer's opinion, aside from some really cool aspects in the transformation and a thumbs up here and there, but this should give you all a good idea of what is involved with this toy. Many were wondering if Takara could do what no one else did so far and do a pleasant transformation that didn't take forever, so now you be the judge to see if that happened. MP Megatron comes out early April, how many of you have preordered him, and how many are still waiting to see if he is worth his high price before making the plunge?

What a kibble-tastic, panel lined nightmare.

Pre order officially canceled.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869470)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 26th, 2017 @ 3:54pm CDT
Lord, that transformation is involved. But will it be as much of a pain in the ass as the original MP Megatron?

Definitely glad I dropped some for this preorder. He can't get here soon enough!
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869471)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 26th, 2017 @ 3:57pm CDT
Kurona wrote:So to those who owned it, does this look better or worse than MP-05's transformation?

Hard to say until mine arrives but MP5 does feel fragile while between modes. From the video I think this will be more solid.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869485)
Posted by william-james88 on March 26th, 2017 @ 4:58pm CDT

Much more complex but less annoying.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869486)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 26th, 2017 @ 5:00pm CDT
I swear that the transformation was long enough that with all the background music you could actually get a degree in 80's musical study by watching it.

I'm not gonna lie, it looks alright transformation wise, but jeez I would not do well with it. Also, all those panels lines in gun mode are a bit irritating
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869488)
Posted by Burn on March 26th, 2017 @ 5:07pm CDT

Cobotron wrote:But that transformation looks like the exact opposite of what I would call fun. I think a root canal would be more fun.

Shit.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869506)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2017 @ 6:42pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:kibble-tastic,
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869509)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 26th, 2017 @ 6:47pm CDT
Prescription for the MP-Megatron dilemma, to transform or not to transform?

Intervention

Buy yourself a TFC Megatron/Encore.(With pellet firing mechanism of course) :twisted:

Keep in gun mode.

Keep MP 36 in Robot mode

Play with your imagination recreating the scenes in the show/movie

When time to transform, use the original toy.

Results? Save you the heartbreak and mental breakdown of breaking your figure. :lol:
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869511)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 26th, 2017 @ 6:49pm CDT
Burn wrote:I came here for the comments because I have no patience and couldn't sit through the whole video.

****.

You do get a local anesthetic shot of a lidocaine/epinephrine shot before a root canal so essentially, you won't feel it.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869512)
Posted by Cobotron on March 26th, 2017 @ 6:53pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

****.

Good. I can I get that right before I try to transform Megs? :-P
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869515)
Posted by Burn on March 26th, 2017 @ 6:57pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Good. I can I get that right before I try to transform Megs? :-P

You could always go back through the Staff forums and read up on some of our old problems. That'll numb the brain for sure. :-P
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869517)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 26th, 2017 @ 7:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:kibble-tastic,

It means what I want it to mean.

Anyway, I'm going to officially bow out of this thread now. To those of you getting this figure, I really do hope you enjoy it. Good luck to you.
Re: Transformation Video for Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron (1869523)
Posted by william-james88 on March 26th, 2017 @ 7:28pm CDT
I was cringing at a few times in that transformation video. I really dont know about this. And there is no way in hell I buy a TF figure and not transform it, theres no point then, might as well just buy an action figure that doesnt transform. And its a big price tag. I think I will stick to my guts and just wait this one out and see what people say when they have it in hand.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Titans Return - DABURU & TWINFERNO - MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH  AUTOBOT MUDFLAP   HASBRO 2011 BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG10 Arcee" on EBAY