Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick

Transformers News: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick

Thursday, November 1st, 2018 12:27PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,688

Taiwanese reviewer Kevin Liu got his hands on a Transformers Studio Series 22 deluxe Dropkick. While Dropkick is a triple changer in the film, the toy only converts into a helicopter, and below is a video of that transformation. And while there is a Studio Series Shatter coming out which only has a car mode, we are currently unaware of any further releases of either Dropkick with a car alt mode or Shatter with a jet alt mode. This toy comes from the final wave of the wave 4 of the Studio Series line and should be at retail soon. The fullw ave contents are below and as you can see, it will not be hard to find Dropkick.

DELUXE JAZZ x1
DELUXE BUMBLEBEE x2
DELUXE RATCHET x1
DELUXE DROPKICK x3
DELUXE KSI SENTRY x1

Credit(s): Kevin Liu
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992046)
Posted by Stryker P28 on November 1st, 2018 @ 2:29pm CDT
with that really light blue almost white he makes a good battleslash
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992073)
Posted by Seibertron on November 1st, 2018 @ 4:38pm CDT
Thought I'd share a few pictures of Shadow Raider and Lockdown with parts swapped so you end up with Blazing Lockdown and Night Ops Lockdown (or whatever names you want to call them).

Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992076)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 1st, 2018 @ 4:50pm CDT
Very nice! Still a shame about no gun face but they look very good.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992077)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 1st, 2018 @ 4:51pm CDT
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992084)
Posted by Ig89ninja on November 1st, 2018 @ 5:31pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I got Shadow Raider yesterday and I love it. I'm definitely grabbing Lockdown next time I see him. Just wish deluxes weren't $20 each so I army building would be easier on my wallet.

Yeah, why the increase from $15-16 dollars?
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992086)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 1st, 2018 @ 5:35pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:

Yeah, why the increase from $15-16 dollars?

Probably because most of the Studio Series figures are really really good. And also inflation and other economic stuff which I don't understand because I suck at math :-P
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992092)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 1st, 2018 @ 6:40pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:

Yeah, why the increase from $15-16 dollars?

It isn't necessarily a price increase now, TLK deluxes were at $20 MSRP as well.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992101)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 1st, 2018 @ 7:25pm CDT
Dropkick needed to be much darker blue, but overall he looks pretty good! I'm hoping we get a muscle car version of him eventually though. and a Jet Shatter. And a Blitzwing
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992109)
Posted by Ig89ninja on November 1st, 2018 @ 8:06pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:

Yeah, why the increase from $15-16 dollars?

But the prime wars trilogy figures are still that price!
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992119)
Posted by Flashwave on November 1st, 2018 @ 9:51pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:

Yeah, why the increase from $15-16 dollars?

But the prime wars trilogy figures are still that price!

Probably Licensing, Movie toys have to pay to look like real vehicles and if its anything like past lines, Paramount gets a slice of the pie too. Although my local Walmarts just rollback'd their Studio figures to 16.85
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992121)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 1st, 2018 @ 9:55pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:

Yeah, why the increase from $15-16 dollars?

But the prime wars trilogy figures are still that price!

Movie, RotF, DotM were all level with other contemporary lines, licensed or not. Plus, the Bumblebee Movie toys actually has two licenses for vehicles: the Chevrolet Camaro and the Volkswagen Beetle, both for the titular character. While true that the Studio Series has the most licenses of any line, the price hike started with TLK.

What may be a factor is the desire to make a clearer distinction between "collector-grade" and "regular toy" lines, with the former having a slightly higher price tag.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992123)
Posted by Spider5800 on November 1st, 2018 @ 10:32pm CDT
Huh, Dropkick looks like Battletrap. I kinda like it.

Speaking of the Bumblebee movie, have we heard anything else about that 2-pack with Volkswagen 'Bee and TLK 'Bee? Never got the TLK one, Volkswagen 'Bee has started popping up in stores in my area and I've been debating if I want to pick him up now or wait for the 2-pack, but I can't find anything about it.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992189)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on November 2nd, 2018 @ 10:09am CDT
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992192)
Posted by william-james88 on November 2nd, 2018 @ 10:15am CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:Dropkick being a deluxe is a damn shame. If it were a voyager or leader it would be an automatic buy. But deluxe is an automatic pass. It needs to be a voyager to go with Generations Whirl. Whatever!

It needs to be a deluxe to go with Studio Series Bee.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992204)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 2nd, 2018 @ 12:16pm CDT

Why would it need to be a voyager? Or even match up to Whirl... Is there a connection I'm missing?
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992207)
Posted by Spider5800 on November 2nd, 2018 @ 12:37pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

I mean, he's a SuperCobra, which isn't a huge helicopter, but its certainly a lot bigger than a VW Beetle.

Then again, he also turns into a muscle car, which would only be a LITTLE bigger, so maybe they just got the robot modes close enough and didn't really worry about vehicle accuracy.

No idea what the Whirl connection is though, does he also have a toy that turns into a SuperCobra, maybe?
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992209)
Posted by carytheone on November 2nd, 2018 @ 12:49pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:didn't really worry about vehicle accuracy.
Hasbro in a nutshell, amiright?
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992210)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 2nd, 2018 @ 12:51pm CDT
Studio Series has been more bothered matching up bot modes then the vehicles, and I thought Whirl was a generic helicopter mode but I can see the resemblance.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992211)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 2nd, 2018 @ 12:53pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

The G1 toy, in fact. He's similar to the Bell AH-1 Cobra, of which the current SuperCobra is a variant.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Studio Series 22 Dropkick (1992229)
Posted by Seibertron on November 2nd, 2018 @ 1:49pm CDT

They're $16.99 at Walmart!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Roadblock MPM-05 Police Car MPM 05" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MEDIX The Doc-Bot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Ripper snapper 1986 Vintage Hasbro Rippersnapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 'SIDESWIPE' SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Sideswipe Hound Skytread Cog Set 4" on EBAY