Sunday, June 19th, 2016 9:56am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 32,056

You can tell that half the world is already experiencing Titans Return. Not only is the first wave out, but we now have reviews for the second wave deluxes Chrome Dome and Highbrow. We had a bunch of in hand images yesterday and today we get Chinese videos showcasing their transformation and features.

Another Titans Return related tidbit that warrants mentioning is the exclusivity of Titans Return Brainstorm. While we knew it was coming first as part of a SDCC exclusive set, there was an assumption that he would also get an individual release. However, an older interview with Hasbro surfaced on our boards with them saying that this Blurr retool was currently only planned to be available in this exclusive box set and would not be sold individually. While this wasn't known for certain, this shouldn't be such a big surprise since none of the rumours and confirmed Titans Return waves for 2017 include Brainstorm as a solo release.

Credit(s): Fan Fan youtube channel

Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798914)
Posted by william-james88 on June 19th, 2016 @ 9:57am CDT
Kurona wrote:I'm just gonna cross my fingers really goddamn hard for a Takara release then.

You do know that means he wont have a faceplate right?

Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798916)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2016 @ 10:02am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You do know that means he wont have a faceplate right?

Then I'll just have to get Voyager Brainstorm and balance his head really carefully on him.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798917)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 19th, 2016 @ 10:17am CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You do know that means he wont have a faceplate right?

Or, now bear with me here, buy voyager brainstorm since it's an amazing figure, and is probably a bit better than the titans return one.

Though this revelation about brainstorm does make me think a bit more about my hypothesis the Blurr mold we be used similar to CW silverbolt with the base mold release (blurr), a slight retool (Brainstorm), and an extensive purple retool (Nautica).
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798918)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2016 @ 10:21am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You do know that means he wont have a faceplate right?

Oh no, I totally get you there. Nothing against Voyager Brainstorm.
... just that there's a bit of a problem in that I want him to scale with the other headmasters. The Voyager's way too big.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798935)
Posted by Deadput on June 19th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CDT
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798936)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2016 @ 1:16pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Pretty sure that voyager Brainstorm's head will not be compatible with Titan's return unless things have changed since I last heard about it.

It isn't, no.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798943)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 2:33pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronians, following on from our first set of Titans Return video reviews - and thanks to fellow fan Broadside 92, we get two more video reviews showcasing Voyager Class Sentinel Prime and Astrotrain, both of whom share a triple-changing mold consisting of a Cybertronian train and shuttle. Both video's have been mirrored, so check them out and let us know what you think of them in the comments below.

Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798945)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 2:41pm CDT
Astrotrain looks nice, can't wait to get him 8-)
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798946)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2016 @ 2:45pm CDT
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798947)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I really hope this person is just a bit dim and it's not actually that hard to put the headmasters in.

Having the voyager brainstorm, and with the small balljoints in the headmasters, I use extreme caution when interacting with the headmaster, so, I'll be just as cautious with these new ones...
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798949)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 19th, 2016 @ 2:55pm CDT
I'll probably be displaying him at the back, I don't really mind that he's bigger. Still hope to get that deluxe, though...
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798950)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 2:57pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Speaking of Voyager Brainstorm, I got him off the shelf in preparation for the return of the titans. He surprisingly made me even more excited for it! :D

It's a great figure; I'd be waiting for a TT release at this point, unless you get the sdcc set
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798952)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 19th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798954)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 3:01pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)

They likely won't in this case ;)
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798956)
Posted by william-james88 on June 19th, 2016 @ 3:05pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)

They likely won't in this case ;)

But are you guys ok with him having a mouth instead of a faceplate? Because if takara does do him, they will surely give him the show accurate head.
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798957)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 3:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)

They likely won't in this case ;)

Uh, yeah... I literally have no connection to him, not from the g1 cartoon, nor the japanesse one, nor the comics, so yeah - that plus the fact that it would further differentiate it from my voyager class one ;)
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798958)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 19th, 2016 @ 3:10pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)

They likely won't in this case ;)

I probably won't mind. But if I do, I can just plop the Voyager head on it or something...
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798959)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 3:12pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)

They likely won't in this case ;)

That doesn't actually work...
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798961)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 19th, 2016 @ 3:15pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)

They likely won't in this case ;)

That doesn't actually work...

I know it won't lock in, but can't it just balance there?
Re: Transformation Video for Transformers Titans Return Chromedome and Highbrow and New Brainstorm Info (1798962)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 19th, 2016 @ 3:16pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Probably won't be. C'mon Takara, don't let me down! ;)
They likely won't in this case ;)
But are you guys ok with him having a mouth instead o a faceplate? Because if takara does do him, they will surely give him the show accurate head.

That doesn't actually work...
I know it won't lock in, but can't it just balance there?

*shrug*

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 141 MARVEL COMICS October 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 140 MARVEL COMICS September 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2013 Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave MP-02 Toys R Us US (Takara)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "New Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY