Transformer RED Series Found in US

Transformer RED Series Found in US

Monday, September 21st, 2020 12:54pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,492

We have news that the first wave of the new Transformers RED Series figures has been found at US retail. Matty found them at a Walmart in Arizona, these will only be found at Walmart. These are around the $20 price point. The initial wave has Soundwave, Optimus Prime and Megatron. They are all 6 inches.

If you have found them elsewhere in the US, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

This sighting was reported on the TFW2005 message boards.

Transformers News: Transformer RED Series Found in US

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 22nd, 2020 12:13am CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080944)
Posted by First-Aid on September 21st, 2020 @ 1:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:We have news that the first wave of the new Transformers RED Series figures has been found at US retail. Matty found them at a Walmart in Arizone, these will only be found at Walmart. These are around the $20 price point. The initial wave has Soundwave, Optimus Prime and Megatron. They are all 6 inches.

This sighting was reported on the TFW2005 message boards.

Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080957)
Posted by Grahf_ on September 21st, 2020 @ 2:25pm CDT
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080967)
Posted by First-Aid on September 21st, 2020 @ 3:33pm CDT
Grahf_ wrote:Most stores avoid stocking any toys at all so I don't think you have to worry about them either even being in most stores or pegwarming the ones they are in.

True. I think the more important thing to note is what's BEHIND those red figures in that picture...I do believe that's an Overload...
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080968)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on September 21st, 2020 @ 3:40pm CDT
Can confirm these are hitting some places, I found the wave in Lynnwood WA this morning. I'm at least curious about these, especially if we're supposed to get stuff like Prime Knock Out, so I grabbed Prime and Optimus. I haven't opened them yet but they look like similar material to Marvel Legends so I guess I'll find out in a bit.
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080970)
Posted by william-james88 on September 21st, 2020 @ 3:52pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

This sighting was reported on the TFW2005 message boards.

They are walmart exclusive so you won't see them elsewhere
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080971)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 21st, 2020 @ 3:52pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

I do believe you're right :-?
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080972)
Posted by Emerje on September 21st, 2020 @ 3:56pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:I hope most stores avoid these figures. Otherwise, they will eat up shelf space and prevent ACTUAL Transformers from being stocked. I can see RED figures clogging up shelves for months....

This is Walmart we're talking about, they don't have a clue how to manage the Transformers section. They could be selling WfC Battlemasters, but instead they're selling those same Guardian figures they've been selling off and on for nearly 10 years and a whole column of pegs worth at that! I hope the RED line is replacing those and not another Transformers line.

Emerje
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080973)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2020 @ 3:58pm CDT
I was considering getting into these because while I considered Marvel Legends, SW Black, the new GI Joe & Ghostbusters all to be very good quality lines, they either had too many releases, or weren't my thing. After seeing a reviewer on Youtube show that the plastic was very bendy (Prime's antenna are bent), and the plastic used seems to have some slimy residue, I think I'll pass...

Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080979)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 21st, 2020 @ 5:02pm CDT
I'd be down to try these but can't find them on Walmart online, hopefully there won't be too bad a mark-up on eBay.
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2080994)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 21st, 2020 @ 7:35pm CDT
these remind me of the mega SCF figures from years ago
only i wish they could do these red figures like the smaller SCF figures
so we dont have to spend 30 dollars per figure
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081000)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 21st, 2020 @ 9:44pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

I do believe you're right :-?

Wait, have other people not seen him yet?

****. I saw him in a store this past week and didn't think it was a big deal.
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081003)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2020 @ 10:47pm CDT
I've seen Overload several times, but not everyone has
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081004)
Posted by First-Aid on September 21st, 2020 @ 11:17pm CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

I do believe you're right :-?

Wait, have other people not seen him yet?

****. I saw him in a store this past week and didn't think it was a big deal.

Crap, I've been waiting on BBTS to send my pre-order while the dang thing is out on stores??? :-(
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081006)
Posted by o.supreme on September 22nd, 2020 @ 12:33am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

That would make sense since the RED figures are basically just more expensive guardian toys in a package ;)
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081013)
Posted by Emerje on September 22nd, 2020 @ 6:16am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Besides, you know there's inevitably going to be some sort of exclusive that will be extremely limited, and cost a ton of money, that wont be obtainable for completists like myself. So just sparing myself some anxiety in advance.

Soooo... a double exclusive? :-? The line is already exclusive to Walmart, not sure what they could do to make it any more exclusive than that. Robot Points? ;)

Emerje
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081014)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 22nd, 2020 @ 6:22am CDT
RED might be a timed exclusive to walmart, lots of companys are forgetting to state that recently (or maybe thats just Sony :P) like MOTU origins was.
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081481)
Posted by Regimus Prime on September 25th, 2020 @ 2:56am CDT
I found the entire wave at my local Walmart. I can’t say I’m overly impressed with these. Non transforming Transformers tend to be a head scratcher for most collectors with the exception of Sideshow, Prime1, PCS statues and those wonderful creations from Threezero (formerly ThreeA), because they serve more aesthetic purposes. Meanwhile these are clearly channeling a nostalgic G1 Sunbow animated series homage. I like the idea of them but wish Hasbro had given them the better sculpt and paint treatment (cell shading anyone?) like the Black Series, Legends and now the 6” Joe Classified series are benefitting from. Besides their articulation, I don’t feel there’s a great deal more separating them from their Titan Guardian vinyl figure counterparts. The plus side is for those that love the G1 cartoon accuracy of MP-36 and MP-44 and wouldn’t transform those figures anyway but can’t afford the MP premium price tag of those aforementioned offerings. These are a smaller, far cheaper alternative that can display nicely on a desk. I own both of the previously mentioned MP leaders but couldn’t help but to pick up R.E.D Optimus and Megatron because I am impressed with their box art and packaging, and really my nostalgia itch always drives me to pick up G1 inspired offerings of them especially when I can buy them together on the same hunt. :BOT:
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081485)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 25th, 2020 @ 4:28am CDT
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081512)
Posted by First-Aid on September 25th, 2020 @ 8:19am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I have to ask. Do therese figures feel like thay are made out of "rubbers", or are they hard plastics?

I snickered when I read this. :-?
Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US (2081520)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 25th, 2020 @ 9:57am CDT
First-Aid wrote:

I snickered when I read this. :-?

You're not helping.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Leadfoot DOTM Cyberverse MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Powerglide Cyberverse DOTM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse Blackout Dotm Scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Deluxe Maximal Blackarachnia MOSC New." on EBAY
Buy "Hallmark Itty Bitty Bittys MEGATRON Hasbro Transformers new with tag Plush nwt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends LG-17 Blackarachnia Complete" on EBAY