Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis

Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis

Friday, November 7th, 2008 9:58am CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 69,713

Our very own Skalor brings us word of movie filming on the USS John C Stennis. Below is an explanation of who he saw on board and some pictures provided exclusively to us!

Skalor's Postcard
Greetings from San Diego! Just got back today from deployment at sea on board the U.S. Navy carrier Stennis and thought I'd fill everyone in on what I experienced this past week with the ROTF cast and crew. It's true, filming did take place this past week, all shooting was completed in a two day span, Saturday the 1st with the IMAX folks filming flight operations, and Sunday the 2nd with Michael Bay in action around the ship. Rumors flew around for weeks about what exactly was going to happen with the movie so it was really cool to see it all go down.

Saturday afternoon two transport planes arrived, the first carrying Shia Labeouf on the first and on the second were Michael Bay, Tyrese Gibson, Megan Fox and Josh Duhamel. They arrived in costume (at least Tyrese and Josh did) and began working almost immediately. From what I saw, all of the filming with the cast was done in "closed" sets. The rest of the filming on the flight deck seemed to be flight operations, of which I was there and will hopefully make the final cut. We were told to just act natural and continue our jobs as normal, which is easy to do when you've actually got work to do. I did however try really hard to get into one shot in which I just walked back and forth for about 20 minutes. :P

The whole experience was a lot of fun and everyone in the cast and crew were really cool. Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox were really hard to find on the ship, I think they were working just about their whole time there. I'm not sure which part of the movie was filmed there but it is probably somewhere toward the end, (Shia had "beat-up" make up on, and Duhamel and Tyrese were in dress uniforms). Overall it was an awesome time.

Sorry if I didn't give you any good spoilers or anything like that, but I think the suspense is more fun anyway. By the way, the crew working on this movie have been busting their asses to make a good film, that much I can attest to.

This should put to rest any of the rumors that they've completed filming for now, although this may have been the last of the filming (I didn't ask). Here are a few of the pictures I got during this past weekend, enjoy!

{L_IMAGE}
Tyrese right before getting kicked off of the flight deck during flight operations

{L_IMAGE}
Look closely, Shia is made up with battle damage

{L_IMAGE}
Shia waiting for an aircraft elevator ride

{L_IMAGE}
Michael Bay catching a shot of a catapult launch

{L_IMAGE}
Michael Bay and his filming entourage return from filming

{L_IMAGE}
Josh Duhamel and Skalor working hard

Credit(s): Skalor

This article was last modified on Friday, November 7th, 2008 10:18am CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (830016)
Posted by Mkall on November 7th, 2008 @ 10:00am CST
Hey thanks a huge bunch Skalor! I hope you don't mind we added a watermark to your original images.

FP&C'd!
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (830020)
Posted by olokin on November 7th, 2008 @ 10:05am CST
what a scoop! having Rotf filming where you work must have been a blast
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (830024)
Posted by Skowl on November 7th, 2008 @ 10:09am CST
Oops, looks like one pic forgot to be added to the story. Here's Michael Bay filming (because he's obviously not making a fashion statement...)

Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (830035)
Posted by First Gen on November 7th, 2008 @ 10:35am CST
5 years in the Marine Corps and the closest I got to a movie star was being in California. Lucky.........

Great story man, thanks for the info. :grin:
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (830057)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 7th, 2008 @ 11:25am CST
Aircraft carrier? I wonder if Bay is getting that to transform like he wanted.
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (830245)
Posted by zhang on November 7th, 2008 @ 5:56pm CST
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (830336)
Posted by Skalor on November 7th, 2008 @ 8:45pm CST
zhang wrote:Dude, u working on the flight deck? were u there when tyrese rapping on hangor bay2? I happend to fly out w/ him too... B4 we COD out, he said:" can i have first class seat?" lol... He's a funny guy.

I started to come down with the boat crud so I missed out on the happenings in the hangar, straight to bed that night. I heard he was really cool with everyone though, and the people I talked to seemed to have a good time. :D
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (831221)
Posted by pat on November 9th, 2008 @ 3:21pm CST
Skalor, thanks for the story!

I wonder, did the cast spend the night on the ship or did they leave the same day?
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (831450)
Posted by opspec75 on November 10th, 2008 @ 3:45am CST
To be honest I don't think the Stennis Was in port launching aircraft, second of all the individual who posted the comment about EEFI (Essential Elements of Friendly Information) was correct. No matter how small or un important some information may sound, loose lips sinks ships. As a former Operations Specialist, I know to well about friendly information and what it can do in the wrong hands. We thank you for the commentw just please leave out dates and times and if possible places.

OPS
Re: Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis (832020)
Posted by The Prophet on November 11th, 2008 @ 1:38am CST
OMG!!! I CANNOT WAIT for Revenge of the Fallen!!!!!!!!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations IDW Voyager Class Sandstorm COMPLETE with BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Generations Power of the Primes deluxe Jazz MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie DROPKICK Deluxe Class NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe JAZZ Loose Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen: Constructicon Devastator Robots..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Rhinox Voyager Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise WFC-E22 Voyager Class QUINTESSON JUDGE Figure Hasbro MISB" on EBAY