Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos

Transformers News: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos

Wednesday, September 15th, 2010 8:04AM CDT

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 75,502

Seibertron's own Highbeam was able to take some fantastic pictures of the Transformers 3 Filming in downtown Detroit. The pictures feature stunt doubles for Shia Labeouf and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Michael Bay and Optimus Prime. Highbeam reported that they announced the location of the filming on NPR. See all of Highbeam's photos here.

Credit(s): Highbeam

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1124975)
Posted by Dark Ops on September 15th, 2010 @ 8:15am CDT
Okay... those look like rocket engine bell nozzles. Could it be the big guy himself?

And then there's the trailer... I want /that/ for my movie Prime! :grin:
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1124979)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on September 15th, 2010 @ 8:40am CDT
Looks exciting!

Red Camaro? Fan or film? Hmmm...

It's been said that the engine mock-up belongs to one of the main Decepticons who orchestrates the chaos on Earth...So it could either be Soundwave or Shockwave.
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1124985)
Posted by moscadini on September 15th, 2010 @ 8:55am CDT
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1124987)
Posted by Albershide on September 15th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT
Swiftknife24 wrote:Looks exciting!

Red Camaro? Fan or film? Hmmm...

Actually this engine may be part of an Autobot because Carly jumps on it as being rescued. Maybe it's Silverbolt's alt form or some kind of human ship. Here is the video with the jump:

collection-of-the-best-tf3-set-videos-update-filming-a-space-ship-on-a-blue-screen-t67891s25.php#p1124930
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125008)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on September 15th, 2010 @ 9:55am CDT
Albershide wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:Looks exciting!

Red Camaro? Fan or film? Hmmm...

Good reasoning, but not what I read! :P

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... it-170570/
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125018)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 15th, 2010 @ 10:30am CDT
Great photos Highbeam! Thanks for sharing!
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125020)
Posted by Albershide on September 15th, 2010 @ 10:33am CDT
Swiftknife24 wrote:
Albershide wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:Looks exciting!

Red Camaro? Fan or film? Hmmm...

Good reasoning, but not what I read! :P

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... it-170570/

This post that you quote was published after mine here in Seibertron:
part-of-a-decepticon-shot-on-blue-screen-explanation-spoilers-t69434.php
This was before the videos of Rosie jumping on it. First it was believed it is Shockwave but Rosie and Shia won't jump so willingly on him, right? :)
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125021)
Posted by Ironhide516 on September 15th, 2010 @ 10:35am CDT
moscadini wrote:I heard that the Red Camaro might be Cliff Jumper from people's other postings.... I could be wrong

I'm not certain, but is that a small Autobot symbol on the bottom of the red Camero, right behind the wheel? This could infact be Cliffjumper.
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125030)
Posted by First-Aid on September 15th, 2010 @ 11:05am CDT
Ironhide516 wrote:

I don't know about that. We have yet to see a red Camaro on the set. The guy in the red shirt is security. I'm thinking it's just someone driving by or an extra who happens to be driving a Camaro.
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125036)
Posted by UM Prime on September 15th, 2010 @ 11:39am CDT
i saw ultra magnus theres a white truck behind optimus same type as optimus and it has a trailer
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125044)
Posted by Sky-Quake on September 15th, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
I wonder is that a starship prop the one with the very large thrusters and high calibur machine gun what if that's shockwave's alt mode hmmm
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125081)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on September 15th, 2010 @ 2:01pm CDT
Ironhide516 wrote:

That's the GM logo dearie. :)

Now that those prop engines are getting some screen and stunt time, I'd agree with folks in saying it's either Shockwave or an Aerialbot.

Speaking of stunts, I don't recall there being any stunt people for Sam or Mikaela in the past films? That excites me. :D
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125083)
Posted by Highbeam on September 15th, 2010 @ 2:13pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Ironhide516 wrote:

Uh, people...in my original post I specifically said "Perfectly timed random Camaro" in the caption above the pic #-o It was some random guy who happened to drive down Lafayette and stopped briefly to watch the filming then he left. Red Camaro - not a movie car, sorry. I just thought it was cool that it drove by the set during a take.
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125105)
Posted by autobot-jolt on September 15th, 2010 @ 4:23pm CDT
Hey highbeam, could you explain Barricade?
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125109)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on September 15th, 2010 @ 4:51pm CDT
Albershide wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:
Albershide wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:Looks exciting!

Red Camaro? Fan or film? Hmmm...

Good reasoning, but not what I read! :P

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... it-170570/

This post that you quote was published after mine here in Seibertron:
part-of-a-decepticon-shot-on-blue-screen-explanation-spoilers-t69434.php

Ah of course; I didn't realise they were your words! :P

(Not willingly...Unless they intend to destroy him in some insane Bay-plot sequence! Haha)
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125111)
Posted by noctorro on September 15th, 2010 @ 4:51pm CDT
Sorry, but I have to type this:

Any of you guys ever heard of spoilers?

I know every photo or bit of info is news but this photopost was a bit much.

I know I'm the only one who doesn't want to know anything about TF3

I do like the picture with the sky
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125123)
Posted by Highbeam on September 15th, 2010 @ 6:04pm CDT
noctorro wrote:Sorry, but I have to type this:

Any of you guys ever heard of spoilers?

I know every photo or bit of info is news but this photopost was a bit much.

I know I'm the only one who doesn't want to know anything about TF3

I do like the picture with the sky

And that's why I put the word "spoilers" in the heading and also in the first bit before the photos. Anyone who clicks on a thread with the word spoilers can expect it to be just about anything. If I wanted to be kept in the dark, personally I wouldn't click on a thread with this sort of title. Just saying.
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125124)
Posted by Highbeam on September 15th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CDT
autobot-jolt wrote:Hey highbeam, could you explain Barricade?

What about 'Cade? :???:
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125146)
Posted by autobot-jolt on September 15th, 2010 @ 7:34pm CDT
Highbeam wrote:
autobot-jolt wrote:Hey highbeam, could you explain Barricade?

What about 'Cade? :???:

Is he in the movie or what? I know we saw to or three fake Barricades back in '08. Is this on set? or another fake? 'cause I'd like his dissaperance explained considering he might just be my favorite movie Con...
Re: Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit - Spoilers and Photos (1125147)
Posted by Mechas8n on September 15th, 2010 @ 7:41pm CDT
Hmmm, Its something that you cant quite tell what it is, that then explodes for some unexplained reason.

Yep, that will be Transformers 3 then!

(This post intended satirically)
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 34%