Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed?

Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed?

Thursday, July 29th, 2010 12:57am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 56,946

Seibertron.com member "Deadpool's Lame Joke" has notified us that tfw2005 user "EShadowP" has posted new images of the previously mentioned red Jeep we reported earlier.

These images reveal some interesting facts.
The Jeep has the Autobot faction symbol as you can see here:

But that's not all, it also has a word written on the sides of it's hood, a word that also happens to be a Transformers name:

Yes it reads "Rollbar", now this might be the character's name or it might just be an Easter egg, so take this with a grain of salt since it will take some time before we know for certain what role 'Rollbar' has in the new film.

There are some more images available if you want to see them just click here to see more Jeep details, and weaponry.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Deadpool's Lame Joke, TFW2005

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 29th, 2010 5:00am CDT

Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105144)
Posted by Interferon on July 29th, 2010 @ 1:30am CDT
That's awesome!

Wuhoo!

Haha. :CON:

So excited for the new toys. .
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105149)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 29th, 2010 @ 1:57am CDT
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105193)
Posted by Overloaded on July 29th, 2010 @ 4:10am CDT
Deadpool's Lame Joke wrote:
DavidT wrote:Another Red Transformer?

It's Wheelie's Dad! I imagine they'll look pretty similar in robot mode and with those big wheels, he'll probably be a Wheel-bot

I guess the Throttle Bots need some love too!

Yeah, I thought Bay said he wouldn't film anything red because it doesn't film well...and that's why Prime is mostly blue and we got no red Ironhide or Sideswipe. But now we haz this and a red Ferrari? I mean, not that I can complain about that because I love it all the same, but still! Lol

Is the red Ferrari Sideswipe now ?
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105208)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 29th, 2010 @ 4:46am CDT
Actually, in one of the photos there is a human riding on the back pointing a fairly imposing looking gatling gun.

Chances are this is another in the set to go with the human weaponized Nascars.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105249)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 29th, 2010 @ 7:19am CDT
Overloaded wrote:
Deadpool's Lame Joke wrote:
DavidT wrote:Another Red Transformer?

I guess the Throttle Bots need some love too!

Is the red Ferrari Sideswipe now ?

No, cuz Sideswipe is already in the movie.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105252)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on July 29th, 2010 @ 7:21am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:I am glad it is Rollbar. However, I am in disbelief that people wouldn't guess this would be Rollbar on the first thread about this. I kind of thought it was obvious. Oh well, whatever.

Uhhh... I did.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105256)
Posted by G1 Smoketreader on July 29th, 2010 @ 7:24am CDT
Maybe Rollbar is the Jeeps' Boyfriends' name and it got a tattoo of it?
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105262)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 29th, 2010 @ 7:41am CDT
Another Autobot huh? The Decepticon forces seem greatly outnumbered.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105282)
Posted by rpetras on July 29th, 2010 @ 8:35am CDT
I bet it will be a large and important role like Sideswipe or maybe Jolt from the last movie :roll: :roll: :roll:
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105320)
Posted by backpack on July 29th, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
I swear they pick the most random and obscure bots for these movies.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105360)
Posted by DMSL on July 29th, 2010 @ 11:23am CDT
More obscure bots /sigh.

Jolt looks nice in both modes but why not make it an original 84 bot?
Rollbar? Make him yellow, Decepticon and call him Swindle? More logic to that.
Red Ferrari is rumored to be Swerve or Windcharger? Not sure, but why not add flames to the hood and name him Hot Rod.

I don't get it. I much rather see characters that i know than these.

Give me Wheeljack, Hot Rod etc.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105381)
Posted by Dagon on July 29th, 2010 @ 11:58am CDT
backpack wrote:I swear they pick the most random and obscure bots for these movies.

I agree, but really based solely on names like 'Jolt' and 'Grindor', placeholder names from the A/E/C stable, and things like 'Sideways' which isn't much of a name at all.
That being said, I may be the only one on this, but I'm gladder (?) to see a jeep named Rollbar and not have it automatically be Swindle. I'm just saying.

amcgrath929 wrote:Another Autobot huh? The Decepticon forces seem greatly outnumbered.

No, because the Decepticons are naturally comprised of nameless, generic protofoms, if you recall. But don't worry too much, because

rpetras wrote: I bet it will be a large and important role like Sideswipe or maybe Jolt from the last movie

This.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105387)
Posted by DavidT on July 29th, 2010 @ 12:10pm CDT
The autobots need cannon fodder too! :P
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105581)
Posted by G1 Smoketreader on July 29th, 2010 @ 4:49pm CDT

No way! There were,like,20 Decepticons in the RotF final battle and this is THE final battle! This time (theoretically) Megs pegs everything he's got at the Autobots all open ended Decepticon appearances (Barricade) rock up as well! Shockwave may potentially bring along a goon squad of his own,too. Plus whatever minibots Soundwave has left to regurgitate. Remember this is all final battle business at the moment with little knowledge on pre-ending filming shenanigans so very many bots are potentially invisible to us for now as they will all end up as CGI in this fight and not use vehicle modes at all.
Every new Autobot arrival is a celebration!!! :BOT: :APPLAUSE: :CON: :BOOM:
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105646)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:34pm CDT
=P~
orriezaros wrote:

Every new Autobot arrival is a celebration!!! :BOT: :APPLAUSE: :CON: :BOOM:

I am strictly speaking confirmed appearances here. We have like 13, possibly 14 depending on the Einstein bot, Autobots. Decepticon wise, we have Megatron, Shockwave, and Soundwave. I mean, I'm 99% sure Starscream will be in the movie but we haven't even seen his kabob yet. If this is the rumored final battle, I was expecting to see more Decepticons racing around too.

Dagon wrote:

This.

Yes I remember. But, hopefully that has been resolved in the third installment.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105694)
Posted by rocknbot on July 29th, 2010 @ 8:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105706)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 29th, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
rocknbot wrote:Can't wait 2 c the robot form. I showed it 2 my kids they love it, wonder if they put Kup in the movie

Kup has already been ruled out according to official movie sources.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105822)
Posted by LiKwid on July 30th, 2010 @ 1:06am CDT
I forsee a dreadful toy coming from this offroad abomination...

Hey it couldn't be any worse than Mudflap!
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1105852)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:21am CDT
RogueDeathangel wrote:

Uhhh... I did.

I didn't stay everyone missed the obvious, just people.
Re: Transformers 3: Identity of the Red Jeep Revealed? (1106264)
Posted by GEEWUN on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:07pm CDT
This is Rollbars Alternators toy so I can't say Im surprised it is him.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Collaborative Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron with Slimer MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Air Raid new sealed dark of the moon unopened mosc" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON BUMBLEBEE. Cyberverse Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Mirage WFC-S43" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Voyager Class OPTIMUS PRIME Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Lot Springer and Starscream" on EBAY