Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More!

Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More!

Monday, June 7th, 2010 5:00pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 43,737

Oh make me over..

It looks like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee won't be the only ones receiving make overs in Transformers 3. We recently reported that Ratchet now has a new color scheme for his alternate mode, and that looks to be confirmed. A US Army Sky Warriors member was waiting for his time to go on screen, and was able to snag a few photos of the Autobots. Supposedly, they're located in the former 717 Production Production Plant in Long Beach, California. He's uploaded them to Flickr for our viewing pleasure. Check out Ratchet, Ironhide, a cloaked Optimus Prime and some mysterious fighter planes below!

Images removed per Paramount's request!!!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers 3 scoops on the net!

Credit(s): MJ Merrill

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 8th, 2010 10:03pm CDT

Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083356)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:03pm CDT
Ratchet doesn't look bad. Iron hide defenatly needs a make over. As bad ass as he is, he needs something new and fresh. maybe a more agressive front bumper and some roof lighting. Like his Nest toy.

maybe one of the drones will be an Arial Bot? Or their just drones sitting in the same hangar as the autobots. 8-}
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083359)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:07pm CDT
Ew.

I'll be sticking with the Ratchet I've had since the first movie. He looks good, he's close to movie accurate (as far as Ratchet toys go), and I have no reason to replace him.

I might get him if he's redone like Optimus and Bumblebee are.

If it's a new mold, new transformation, then yes, I'll buy one in this deco, but if he's yet one more repaint...bleh.
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083361)
Posted by frenzyXprime on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:09pm CDT
all i want to see is optimus!!! :BOT:
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083365)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:16pm CDT
Wow! Now we're getting some meat! :shock:

Ratchet doesn't look bad, actually; those previous grainy photos we saw a few months ago got me worried, because I liked Ratchet as he was, but nice re-deco! (Sniffs a Voyager repaint on the cards) Good to see Ratchet seems to be getting some well-deserved attention! 8)

I know of those UAVs! They're known as 'Predator's, but for some stupid reason, both TF films used it's counterpart, Global Hawk, and called them 'Predator's! #-o (i.e. "Predator on approach, standing by..." etc) the main distinction is that the stabilising wings of Global Hawk are sat on top, whilst the wings of Predator are under-slung...Trivial, maybe, but it really annoyed me that I was excited to see GH in TF#1 and then they suddenly call it 'Predator'! Argh! :lol:

*Breathes*

Anyway, on topic, MAYBE Silverbolt will be a Predator UAV? :-?
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083370)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:23pm CDT
Ratchet puzzles me. Why repaint him? I have a funny feeling about that big E4 on the side of him.
Could we see some more combining in TF3? ;)

I'm not suprized the predator drones are in there. They were such a big plot point of RotF. :lol:
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083371)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:24pm CDT
I want Transformer Predator Drone figures! go-Hasbro-go!
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083383)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:38pm CDT
Those "mysterious fighter planes" (I'd say the only word that ACTUALLY applies there is "planes") will probably just be generic US military units. They're too dull in the design and paint scheme to be a Transformer, and they have been randomly used in the first two movies. (If I'm not mistaken, it was actually the same footage in both. Lame!) Besides, if these movies have taught us anything, it's that the Autobots will never win there centuries long war with the Decepticons without the help of the United States military!!! (Gimme a break!)
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083404)
Posted by Chaoslock on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:27pm CDT
"Efour time began, there was the Allspark..."
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083407)
Posted by Rated X on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:32pm CDT
Yay !!!! Another Ratchet repaint !!! "Field Operations Medic" Ratchet LOL
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083462)
Posted by dragons on June 7th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
maybe one of the drones will be an Arial Bot

that will be one small bot bigger than arcee but smaller than jazz it would be great to have on transform into bot be soemthing new to gives us same as icecream twins, & brave littel psycho toaster.

rachet is good looking like look on bothe versions of him if his toy transfromation is same then i will pass on him

rated x i like you sig
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083466)
Posted by Flashwave on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:11pm CDT
Swiftknife24 wrote:

*Breathes*

Anyway, on topic, MAYBE Silverbolt will be a Predator UAV? :-?

I hadn't noticed the mis-naming.

Samurai Bludgeon wrote:I want Transformer Predator Drone figures! go-Hasbro-go!
I does 2!!!

dragons wrote:
maybe one of the drones will be an Arial Bot

Mostly, it would be an anorexic bot. Having stood next to a Hawk, and seen comparisons of that and a Pred, therir actually a fairl decvently sized plane.

rated x i like you sig
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083536)
Posted by Albershide on June 8th, 2010 @ 2:37am CDT
I agree that Ironhide (my favorite) needs a change too. Every other Autobot got a change in the look.
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083542)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on June 8th, 2010 @ 3:27am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Um, the main difference between the GHawk and the Pred was that the Hawk is generally a fatter airpalne. The dome in the front is both taller and longer than the Pred's and the body is thicker. I beleive the Pred's wings are also longer, and the tailfins are a down pinted V, where as the Hawk's is not.

I hadn't noticed the mis-naming.

I realise the Hawk is larger, but it seems that the producers of the films didn't! (Or maybe they couldn't use Global Hawk's name...Who knows)

And about the wings? That's more or less what I just said! :P (Except the length)
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083605)
Posted by dirk2243 on June 8th, 2010 @ 8:08am CDT
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083654)
Posted by DMSL on June 8th, 2010 @ 10:10am CDT
Don't like Ratchet's new look, it's boring.
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083786)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 8th, 2010 @ 2:59pm CDT
A bit too gray for me. And who wants to bet for his toy they'll simply recolor the 20007 mold again? :-x
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083821)
Posted by Galvatron X on June 8th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
dirk2243 wrote:The Global hawks would make a cool Laserbeak in my opinion. And would work awesome with Soundwave being able to uplink video and photo's.

Ooooh, I like that idea! That actually makes sense too. In G1, Laserbeak was always spying on the Autobots (a la Predator/Global Hawk drones) and occasionally attacking them after gathering intelligence (those Preds/GHs are armed too, right?).

That idea gets better and better the more I think about it! Unfortunately, there are two drones in that picture, so your good idea probably won't happen. Unless it's Laserbeak AND Buzzsaw... :D
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1083852)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 8th, 2010 @ 6:35pm CDT
Energon Is My Drug wrote:

Good thing you included that AND Buzzsaw. Cuz I was about to say "What about Buzzsaw?" But it seems like a valid idea. He could attatch himself to Soundwave and "give" him the info. Kind of like in the 07 movie when Frenzy raped...I mean hacked that computer and got the info.
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1084867)
Posted by NigelTheFist on June 11th, 2010 @ 2:32am CDT
Hi Troops, Did anyone think that the 'Prime' under the cover seemed a bit low cut? It could be an angle thing but it looks to me like the truck is missing the top part of the cab. It does not seem much taller that the Ironhide truck.
Also Ironhide looks to have serious off road tyres ( maybe even snow tyres) Looks more like a moon-buggy! A serious "take no crap" moon buggy!
Re: Transformers 3 - Images of New Look Ratchet, Planes and More! (1085250)
Posted by Prime Riblet on June 12th, 2010 @ 12:36am CDT
Albershide wrote:I liked the yellow Ratchet more. The green and grey combination is not good. It looks like it is not painted in the grey areas.

As far as the toys go, he has had several looks; The original 07, the 07 Premium, the 07 Off Road, the RotF Gray version with different cannons, and the RotF NEST Recon Ironhide. Granted, these are all based on the same figure.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY