Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning?

Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning?

Monday, February 8th, 2010 2:38am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 25,997

As we approach the first filming date for Transformers 3, we'll have more and more rumours flying in! The latest comes from a Den of Geek interview with Tony Todd, the voice of The Fallen from Revenge of the Fallen.

It looks like Todd will make a return as a voice actor in Transformers 3. Will he still be playing the same role, or is this for a different character? Only time will tell! You can check out a snippet of the interview below...

Are you involved in Transformers 3 do you think?

Definitely?

You want to quote me? What I was told last month, yes. But that's Hollywood!

Is there anything you can tell us about it? It's got to be worth a try.

No! There's more of it! [Laughs, starts thumping desk and making explosion sound effects]. Something along those lines!

It must be fun to do?

I felt like a big kid. When Michael Bay called me, I'd worked with him before on The Rock, and he called me and said, "Tony, I might have something for you." I said, "Okay, you haven't called me in ten years!" He said, "I've been busy!" I said, "I've been busy too Michael, glad we could make our schedules match!"

So he brings me and he's got this enormous computer bank with these half-finished robots, and it looks like a little bit of animation, drawings, black and whites, finished stuff. I can see the joy in him, because he's a big kid with a director's set. And he's got robots, 250 people working for him, and he's saying, "You see this, you see that, you're going to take over the world." I'm watching this man showing me, and I'm like, " Do you want me to do it like that, or do you want my interpretation of it?

...while the rest of it can be seen on Den of Geek here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): DenofGeek.com

Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045299)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on February 8th, 2010 @ 8:06am CST
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045310)
Posted by im ruined on February 8th, 2010 @ 9:18am CST
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045311)
Posted by PROWLERZ on February 8th, 2010 @ 9:19am CST
hope it happens...would d awesomeeeeee 2 include UNICRON tho... :grin:

according 2 d posts dey may go 4 it...bt only tym vil tell :BOOM:
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045318)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 8th, 2010 @ 9:55am CST
Maybe a flashback?
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045319)
Posted by Prankmeister on February 8th, 2010 @ 9:57am CST
SLUGSLINGER81 wrote:Does anyone think they'll be bringing Unicron into the 3rd film's scenario, as I know some references were made on ROTF...will he be voicing ol' uni? what does anyone else think? :-?

Unicron is a planet.

Micheal Bay loves big explosions.

Unicron will have to explode at the end of TF3 if he is the villain.

Let me ask you all now, would Mr. Bay really pass up the chance to blow up a planet-sized robot?
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045323)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on February 8th, 2010 @ 10:24am CST
im ruined wrote:I thought that too after reading the above, but isnt it unlike bay to do Mr. Cron? Or maybe he giving it a go. Or some terrible representation of a badguy. Be cool to see thunderwing, no? He might of just been discussing how he was introduced to the 2nd film. He dead say " Its been 10yrs blah blah BAY blah blah 250 people workin for him " ............so?

THUNDERWING! :APPLAUSE: that would be fragging awesome, just for the heck of it here's a "Wishlist" of Villians just as bad (or badder-sss) than ol'Megs that I would like to see in TF3 (that I could see Tony Todd Voicing)...what does anyone else thing? :-?

1.Unicron
2.SHOCKWAVE!!!! (not voiced by Tony Todd though)
3.Bludgeon
4.Galvatron
5.NEMESIS PRIME!!!
6.Thunderwing
7.Jhiaxus
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045344)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 8th, 2010 @ 11:45am CST

Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045367)
Posted by Liftgate on February 8th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CST
He's coming back as Target exclusive BURNING FALLEN!!!

Nah, who knows. He's probably voicing another character, probably nothing as nifty as Unicron resurrecting him as the flamin' fiend from the comics and sending him on his way through the multiverse or anything....
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045381)
Posted by HECTOR on February 8th, 2010 @ 1:52pm CST
I doubt the Fallen could be killed so easily. He's sort of an anomaly. Now that he's sorta dead me might make friends with Unicron. Anything could happen.
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045386)
Posted by dragons on February 8th, 2010 @ 2:11pm CST
this will be intersting i hink he comes close to unicron a little i ffhe does his voice as long they dont bring back fallen that will make thing sconfusing to everyone who doesnt read the comics that we do
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045423)
Posted by Dagon on February 8th, 2010 @ 5:06pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:It'll probably just be some kind of flash-back cameo if anything. Probably in a desperate attempt to lend credibility to ROTF's so called "story". :roll:

I think that the greater problem would be if they tried to flashback-include Unicron/Thunderwing/who ever so as to say they were in the film just to shut up those who didn't like ROTF and wanted more old-school references becuase we can't live without old-school references like storyline or visually distinguishable characters. If the pro/zomg-ROTF set thinks we complain now about ROTF, heaven help them if TF3 has a fouled up Unicron or Thunderwing or someone else somebody likes. Of course, the outrage will only be becuase we don't survive as a fan-species without old school references like storyline, visually.....

UltraPrimal wrote:I doubt it though. Remember that "BBQ'ed Gators" guy said he was coming back for TF2. I didn't see him in there. :P

That was why I didn't like the second movie. That guy had more character in his three spoken lines (don't know Spanish, so 2/3 of his dialogue was lost to me....) than all the robots combined. IF he was in ROTF, well then look out, G.O.A.T. time!
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045574)
Posted by ACIDSTORM on February 9th, 2010 @ 3:02am CST
I've got a theory.What happened to Megatron in the 1986 movie ? Maybe that's what could happen with the fallen.
More probably a flashback though .
Re: Transformers 3: Tony Todd Returning? (1045791)
Posted by silverbot on February 9th, 2010 @ 11:46pm CST
I would like to see Bruticus Maximus or Superion Maximus on the 3rd film!!!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Hasbro DOUBLECROSSER Transformers WFC Earthrise BattleMaster Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY