Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago

Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago

Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 2:55pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 36,156

Craigslist strikes again. Famous for their work with such films as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and TV series such as Prison Break - Joan Philo Casting is looking for Chicago men and women from the ages 20 to 80 that look to be of Ukrainian descent. Now what exactly does Ukraine, Chicago and Transformers have in common?

It was revealed that Chicago would be one of several cities to host Michael Bay and the rest of the Transformers 3 crew during filming this year. It was also revealed this week that armies from Ukraine and Iran would be portrayed in the film. Add that all up along with the description in the following craigslist advertisement and we look to have something official!

Please pass this information on to friends that might not peruse Craigslist!

Joan Philo Casting (Public Enemies, A Nightmare on Elm St., My Life) is searching for Ukrainian (looking) men and women (20 to 80 years of age) to work as paid extras on a feature film in April. This will be a one day shoot. This is for a major motion picture! If you are interested please send a recent color photograph (not professional) to jpextras@gmail.com. In the subject line please put "Ukrainian." Include your phone number, name, address and all your clothing/shoe sizes.

Especially looking for Ukrainian (Or Ukrainian looking types) men 5'10" to 6'1", clothing size 38 regular to 44 regular who know how to handle a gun. Please post all your sizes from your shoe size to your hat size [or head measurement] Please let me know if you know how to handle a gun.

Don't be shy! Even if you have never been an extra before this is your chance. We love new people! This will be a fun shoot with an amazing crew.

Please only respond if you are Ukrainian. Please do not send any headshots, comp cards or refer us to a link to look at your photos. These photos must be e-mailed as an attachment as we need to forward photos to LA. PLEASE SEND ALL PHOTOS ASAP!

Thank you so much!

We look forward to receiving your photographs.

Best,
Joan Philo
Extras Casting Director
TheDarlingSeries.com

Although all of this seems to be very plausible, not everything is what it seems to be, so take these rumors with a grain of salt! Please note that there have been reports of scams like this where casting companies will try to get your credit card number for "processing fees" or the like. If you are asked for your credit card number before they have even looked at your head shot, be very wary as it may very well be a scam!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers 3 news on the net!

Credit(s): Joan Philo Casting

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 3:42pm CDT

Re: Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago (1057754)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on March 24th, 2010 @ 3:52pm CDT
Oh man, I would giggle like a schoolgirl if I could get a gig like that on TF3!
Re: Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago (1057758)
Posted by First-Aid on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:04pm CDT
Sounds rather fake to me. Why the heck would you look for Ukranians in Chicago? And honestly, the wording sounds terribly unprofessional. Grain of salt...
Re: Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago (1057761)
Posted by Liftgate on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:17pm CDT
You'd be surprised how many professional people don't know how to write a professional letter, First-Aid. I'm just a bit skeptical that they would post this type of thing on craigslist. Perhaps that's normal these days, but it seems odd to me. Further more, what dose a Ukrainian look like? Arn't they just regular looking white people that look like they could have come from anywhere white people come from? Seems kinda silly. I'm near Chicago and wouldn't mind being a part of the this, but I dunno.
Re: Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago (1057784)
Posted by Dragonslayer on March 24th, 2010 @ 4:56pm CDT
This sounds a little sketch to me. Why not just say that they'll be filming for TF3? Why just call it a "major motion picture"? Granted, a fair number of people are probably not aware a third movie is being made. But still, all the while I was reading this, it just felt fake and scammy to me
Re: Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago (1057789)
Posted by Liftgate on March 24th, 2010 @ 5:17pm CDT
Dragonslayer wrote:But still, all the while I was reading this, it just felt fake and scammy to me

They'll use the pictures you send them for thumbs on a p*rn site. :D Haha! No, I thought about the wording of this and I think that's probably typical of any movie that they don't actually name it. This is probably done to help keep things under wrap (story elements) and avoid hoards of people standing around gawking on a shooting location. And as far as my question about why they specifically state Ukrainian, that's probably done to avoid sounding racist, as I'm sure "White People Wanted" would have.
Re: Transformers 3 - Ukrainian Army Casting Call in Chicago (1057856)
Posted by Lastjustice on March 24th, 2010 @ 9:49pm CDT
I'll see what I can do, I'm too short for the part of a soldier despite actually been in the service in real life. (5'4") I'd love to get a spot in this puppy as I've been an extra twice before. I sent out some pics, see what happens.

Reminds me of when Is aw them filming the dark knight downtown. I saw the Gotham PD squad car just parked out front of an office building. I wish I had a camera on me as I'd taken a picture with it I could.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY