Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back?

Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back?

Monday, April 1st, 2013 1:29pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,130

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Director Michael Bay's official website has posted a update stating the next three Transformers films will be filmed back to back to back beginning in June. Keep in mind today is April Fool's Day, so the details to follow may be nothing more than a message stating this is a joke. We'll keep you posted.

Transformers 4, 5, & 6 will begin filming back to back starting June 2013.
More details to follow.

Credit(s): MichaelBay.com


This article was last modified on Monday, April 1st, 2013 3:28pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475574)
Posted by Convoy on April 1st, 2013 @ 2:00pm CDT
The joke here is that they won't be filmed but rendered back-to-back.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475577)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 1st, 2013 @ 2:19pm CDT
Michael Bay has lied to keep people from finding tidbits and spoilers, but I can't remember him ever pulling an April Fools. Plus, he's a rather serious guy about his work and his movies. Ask any of his casts, they'll tell you he's a no nonsense kinda guy. I think this might be real.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475579)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 1st, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Michael Bay has lied to keep people from finding tidbits and spoilers, but I can't remember him ever pulling an April Fools. Plus, he's a rather serious guy about his work and his movies. Ask any of his casts, they'll tell you he's a no nonsense kinda guy. I think this might be real.


But this is Michael Bay we're talking about; Michael Bay's a douche. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475581)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 1st, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
No way this is real. Considering how much he complained about being exhausted after filming each of the 1st 3 films, there's no way he would film 3 of them 1 right after the other. This would also require a script and casting for all 3 of them. So unless Bay figured out how to make 3 movies in the time it takes 1, and Kruger wrote an AMAZING story that just HAS to be broken up into 3 parts, this is bullshit.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475582)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 1st, 2013 @ 3:23pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Michael Bay has lied to keep people from finding tidbits and spoilers, but I can't remember him ever pulling an April Fools. Plus, he's a rather serious guy about his work and his movies. Ask any of his casts, they'll tell you he's a no nonsense kinda guy. I think this might be real.


But this is Michael Bay we're talking about; Michael Bay's a douche. :HEADHURTS:


That fits with what I'm saying. I can't imagine him doing an April Fools when it comes to serious business. People consider that douchey.

I mean, Frances McDormand complained about him being hard to work for in an article. Not to mention, you should see the outtakes from Bad Boys (or perhaps it was 2)... He yells at Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.

That kind of person, being that serious on the sets of silly films, I just can't imagine him pulling an April Fools.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he did, but I'm almost 100% sure this is legit. Dude like that doesn't screw around.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475584)
Posted by Seibertron on April 1st, 2013 @ 3:57pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:No way this is real. Considering how much he complained about being exhausted after filming each of the 1st 3 films, there's no way he would film 3 of them 1 right after the other. This would also require a script and casting for all 3 of them. So unless Bay figured out how to make 3 movies in the time it takes 1, and Kruger wrote an AMAZING story that just HAS to be broken up into 3 parts, this is bullshit.


Doing 3 more movies in order to be set financially or very comfortably does wonders to one might be willing to do. $$$,$$$,$$$ negates unwillingness exhaustion lack of interest. There's nothing wrong with changing one's mind to go with the flow of things.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475586)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 1st, 2013 @ 4:05pm CDT
It's a trick. Get an axe.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475587)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 1st, 2013 @ 4:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:No way this is real. Considering how much he complained about being exhausted after filming each of the 1st 3 films, there's no way he would film 3 of them 1 right after the other. This would also require a script and casting for all 3 of them. So unless Bay figured out how to make 3 movies in the time it takes 1, and Kruger wrote an AMAZING story that just HAS to be broken up into 3 parts, this is bullshit.


Doing 3 more movies in order to be set financially or very comfortably does wonders to one might be willing to do. $$$,$$$,$$$ negates unwillingness exhaustion lack of interest. There's nothing wrong with changing one's mind to go with the flow of things.


Not to mention, this might be easier on Hasbro, Paramount and ILM.

Hasbro won't have much downtime between films, so the toys will be constantly produced, and they won't have to flip flop between shows and movies like they have been since 2006.

Paramount has a guaranteed date as to when each film will hit and whether or not they actually make it to the screen, so it satisfies them.

ILM can prepare and know what's coming and know how many computers they need to allocate (and/or add) to their rendering farm to get all of this done.

It will suck for Bay, the producers, the cast, and the people running ILM, however. That's going to be a lot of nonstop work for a good portion of time, it's going to be quite an endeavor.

But...if anyone can pull it off, Bay can. People might not like the man, or his movies, but he does work hard. If anyone can pull of this daunting task, it's him.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475597)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 1st, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
Image
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475602)
Posted by njb902 on April 1st, 2013 @ 5:28pm CDT
Didn't Bay say he was only directing 4?
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475604)
Posted by Nerdimus Maximus on April 1st, 2013 @ 5:48pm CDT
It said that Transformers 4, 5 and 6 would be filming back to back;
But it never said that Michael Bay would direct each one... Maybe they are doing a new trilogy with a different director and crew for each one, respectively!?!!
(We can only hope... That way, Bay will not ruin the next 3 films and he can just ruin one more... LOL... But the joke'son us, the fans and the theater patrons.
They know that after the last three, that there is an audience for this title and to save costs by tripling the filming duties would be logical for a major blockbuster franchise like this one... Maybe?! :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475605)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 1st, 2013 @ 5:51pm CDT
Nerdimus Maximus wrote:It said that Transformers 4, 5 and 6 would be filming back to back;
But it never said that Michael Bay would direct each one... Maybe they are doing a new trilogy with a different director and crew for each one, respectively!?!!
(We can only hope... That way, Bay will not ruin the next 3 films and he can just ruin one more... LOL... But the joke'son us, the fans and the theater patrons.
They know that after the last three, that there is an audience for this title and to save costs by tripling the filming duties would be logical for a major blockbuster franchise like this one... Maybe?! :michaelbay:


It's on his website; why would he put it there if he wasn't going to do direct it?

Besides, it's more than likely it's an April Fools joke.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475607)
Posted by Nerdimus Maximus on April 1st, 2013 @ 6:01pm CDT
Bay's ego is bigger than his brain, that might be one reason that he would post this and because he is an exec. producer of the franchise now... mo' money, mo' money... And, yeah it might be a joke, but knowing how Bay thinks, He is up to something that will have at least some truth to this post, I think so, anyway! :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475608)
Posted by njb902 on April 1st, 2013 @ 6:03pm CDT
Wow there is so much negatively in this thread.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475609)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 1st, 2013 @ 6:06pm CDT
Nerdimus Maximus wrote:Bay's ego is bigger than his brain, that might be one reason that he would post this...


So you're saying he's bragging about how another director is doing movies that he is supposed to do. Explain this logic to me.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475646)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 1st, 2013 @ 8:08pm CDT
great 3 more years of crap confirmed. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone else will take over the final two & give us real movies. But I have a feeling that hasbro is behind this, if they do it this way then they wont have to make a filler series like they've been doing thus less money spent. Maybe if they spend less money on the shows/movies they'll put more into the toys & give us real figures again and not these cheap knockoffs they've been putting out. That'll never happen but one can dream
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475659)
Posted by Chandler Prime 1 on April 1st, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
HECK YEA !!!! Thats what im talking about....The more Peter Cullen/Optimus Prime the better !!!!
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475662)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on April 1st, 2013 @ 8:50pm CDT
What about his misinformation campaigns? I personally wouldn't believe it, April 1st or not.
...then again, I hope it isn't true. Bay's great for some things, but we need a new eye desperately and I'd like to see something other than girls and Baysplosions.
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475663)
Posted by Mechastrike on April 1st, 2013 @ 9:01pm CDT
April Fools everyone!
Re: Transformers 4, 5, & 6 Filming Back to Back? (1475664)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 1st, 2013 @ 9:04pm CDT
Nelson claims it's real.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/sh ... post206045

When was the last time you saw us joke around here?


And it's been frontpaged over there, apparently.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart retro Headmasters Wave 1 set of 4 Brainstorm Mindwipe!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY