Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline

Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline

Saturday, September 30th, 2017 1:00pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,439

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Via the Facebook group TFCN, a previous source of news for this line, we have a quick image of the Starscream figure from the 4.5" sized line that was previously described as using evergreen designs - that is, recognisable designs for iconic characters including elements of G1 as well as later generations of the franchise. It appears that the simplified line may in fact be called Transformers Authentics! Check out the image below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub.

Transformers News: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline

Credit(s): TFCN


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913684)
Posted by LordTwann on September 30th, 2017 @ 2:33pm CDT
Another useless line of figures to clog up store pegs. Awesome.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913686)
Posted by The Lonely Cracker on September 30th, 2017 @ 3:06pm CDT
LordTwann wrote:Another useless line of figures to clog up store pegs. Awesome.

Hey, lay off. It's an interesting idea, Basically Cyber Battalion for the U.S. Larger but simpler figures for the kids, because Hasbro can't satisfy everyone's fetish.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913687)
Posted by The Lonely Cracker on September 30th, 2017 @ 3:08pm CDT
Authentication, Eh? Not the worst name, certainly better than "Transformers". Not bad.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913688)
Posted by DMSL on September 30th, 2017 @ 3:08pm CDT
Yeah this doesn't excite me at all. This is just another line of gimmicky figures that no-one really wants and just fills up shelves.

This is kinda like the crappy 5 points of articulation figures we get for Star Wars. The big problem here is that, although no-one likes them, there are still people that will just buy it because it has the brand name on it.

Seriously stop that it's so silly. Stop buying the crappy things Hasbro puts out and they will stop producing them. Stop being sheep and think. I sometimes feel Hasbro thinks we are all mindless zombies that will just buy whatever they put out, prove them wrong.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913692)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 30th, 2017 @ 4:03pm CDT
DMSL wrote:Yeah this doesn't excite me at all. This is just another line of gimmicky figures that no-one really wants and just fills up shelves.


More gimmicky than say... combiners? Head and guns that turn into little robots? Spring-loaded One-Step transformations? ;)

Seriously though, don't expect them to appear at any big retailers like Walmart or Target. They're more like the Cyber series, and are likely meant for chains that carry a smaller selection of toys, like Walgreens, Family Dollar, and the like. In fact, they could even stay within Asia if the Chinese writing is any indication.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913708)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2017 @ 5:25pm CDT
DMSL wrote:Yeah this doesn't excite me at all. This is just another line of gimmicky figures that no-one really wants and just fills up shelves.

This is kinda like the crappy 5 points of articulation figures we get for Star Wars. The big problem here is that, although no-one likes them, there are still people that will just buy it because it has the brand name on it.

Seriously stop that it's so silly. Stop buying the crappy things Hasbro puts out and they will stop producing them. Stop being sheep and think. I sometimes feel Hasbro thinks we are all mindless zombies that will just buy whatever they put out, prove them wrong.


Yeah, because YOU don't like it, NOBODY should buy. :roll:

Your attitude is very, very childish. Because you claim that "nobody like them" and under the same breath, you admit they DO sell. Who's buying them then? Fairies and leprechauns? If there's demand for a product and it sell, it will be produced and put on shelves. That's simple economics.

TlDr; no one care that you don't like brocoli. Many do love brocoli and you will not stop the groceries for offering it.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913719)
Posted by Microraptor on September 30th, 2017 @ 6:56pm CDT
While these are a great bridge between the one-steps and rescue bots and the more complex stuff, I still wonder why they didn't just make the Cyber Battalions a wider release. They seem pretty popular.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913720)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2017 @ 7:11pm CDT
Microraptor wrote:While these are a great bridge between the one-steps and rescue bots and the more complex stuff, I still wonder why they didn't just make the Cyber Battalions a wider release. They seem pretty popular.


It baffle the mind indeed. I would have liked that Jetfire at a decent normal, non-scalpy price. Bought locally.

But no... Sigh...
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913725)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on September 30th, 2017 @ 7:41pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Microraptor wrote:While these are a great bridge between the one-steps and rescue bots and the more complex stuff, I still wonder why they didn't just make the Cyber Battalions a wider release. They seem pretty popular.


It baffle the mind indeed. I would have liked that Jetfire at a decent normal, non-scalpy price. Bought locally.

But no... Sigh...


start checking your local walgreens then. i just snagged battalion Prowl at the one close to my apartment earlier this week.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913728)
Posted by dragons on September 30th, 2017 @ 7:52pm CDT
LordTwann wrote:Another useless line of figures to clog up store pegs. Awesome.


I like these comments transformers made for little kids not adults adult transformers master piece everything else is for kids shows age rage on package amazing how adults buy toys forget that it's funny.,

I can name over hundred adults that do not buy transformers toys but like transformers movies
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913730)
Posted by Microraptor on September 30th, 2017 @ 7:57pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Microraptor wrote:While these are a great bridge between the one-steps and rescue bots and the more complex stuff, I still wonder why they didn't just make the Cyber Battalions a wider release. They seem pretty popular.


It baffle the mind indeed. I would have liked that Jetfire at a decent normal, non-scalpy price. Bought locally.

But no... Sigh...


Yeah. As a lucky finder of one, Jetfire is well worth the normal price, but over twenty is just too much.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913732)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2017 @ 8:07pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Microraptor wrote:While these are a great bridge between the one-steps and rescue bots and the more complex stuff, I still wonder why they didn't just make the Cyber Battalions a wider release. They seem pretty popular.


It baffle the mind indeed. I would have liked that Jetfire at a decent normal, non-scalpy price. Bought locally.

But no... Sigh...


start checking your local walgreens then. i just snagged battalion Prowl at the one close to my apartment earlier this week.


No Walgreens in Qu├ębec.
Maybe with incredible luck at Winner's? The boxes are trilingual so they CAN appear over here. The only thing needed is for Hasbro to give a damn.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913735)
Posted by william-james88 on September 30th, 2017 @ 8:11pm CDT
Microraptor wrote:While these are a great bridge between the one-steps and rescue bots and the more complex stuff, I still wonder why they didn't just make the Cyber Battalions a wider release. They seem pretty popular.

They are only popular because we saw them for so long before having any indication they would be made available in the US. And when we did finally see them, the were Universal Studios Exclusives. So that made them more desirable. But were they to be in stores readily available for everyone from the begining, I am sure we would have gotten the very same comments about them being useless. If these Authentics TFs end up being exclusive to Russia, watch everyone start crying foul at them not being available here.

SG Roadbuster wrote:start checking your local walgreens then. i just snagged battalion Prowl at the one close to my apartment earlier this week.


Walgreens only exists in the US and if you check the location of the person you replied to, it is written he lives in Canada. So no figures for him :(

Also, to anyone complaning, the leaks these toys were part of stated these were meant for value stores, so they wouldnt be clogging up anywhere you
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913741)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2017 @ 8:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Also, to anyone complaning, the leaks these toys were part of stated these were meant for value stores, so they wouldnt be clogging up anywhere you


Lo and behold, scalpers drooling at the prospect of raiding all the value stores...
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913742)
Posted by william-james88 on September 30th, 2017 @ 8:46pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Also, to anyone complaning, the leaks these toys were part of stated these were meant for value stores, so they wouldnt be clogging up anywhere you


Lo and behold, scalpers drooling at the prospect of raiding all the value stores...

They didn't raid the Walgreens for the cyber battalion toys so maybe they don't care.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913745)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2017 @ 9:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Also, to anyone complaning, the leaks these toys were part of stated these were meant for value stores, so they wouldnt be clogging up anywhere you


Lo and behold, scalpers drooling at the prospect of raiding all the value stores...

They didn't raid the Walgreens for the cyber battalion toys so maybe they don't care.


It still amount to around 45$US to 70$US for a single Cyber Battalion figure shipped to Canada.
So, like that previous line, this new one will be a huge bucket of "nope" for us canucks.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913763)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 1st, 2017 @ 1:04am CDT
I, unfortunately, don't have any of those "value" stores in my area. Really hope these hit Walgreens at least
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913771)
Posted by DMSL on October 1st, 2017 @ 4:46am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
DMSL wrote:Yeah this doesn't excite me at all. This is just another line of gimmicky figures that no-one really wants and just fills up shelves.

This is kinda like the crappy 5 points of articulation figures we get for Star Wars. The big problem here is that, although no-one likes them, there are still people that will just buy it because it has the brand name on it.

Seriously stop that it's so silly. Stop buying the crappy things Hasbro puts out and they will stop producing them. Stop being sheep and think. I sometimes feel Hasbro thinks we are all mindless zombies that will just buy whatever they put out, prove them wrong.


Yeah, because YOU don't like it, NOBODY should buy. :roll:

Your attitude is very, very childish. Because you claim that "nobody like them" and under the same breath, you admit they DO sell. Who's buying them then? Fairies and leprechauns? If there's demand for a product and it sell, it will be produced and put on shelves. That's simple economics.

TlDr; no one care that you don't like brocoli. Many do love brocoli and you will not stop the groceries for offering it.


You completely missed the point i was making. There is no need to get personal either.

Just like with Star Wars 5POA figures no-one likes them, but they do sell, which is my point. Why do people buy something if they don't like it? Yes that's right because some people are sheep they buy it because it has the brand name.

I hope people will stop buying stuff they don't actually like, that's the only thing that companies seem to understand nowadays.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913773)
Posted by bacem on October 1st, 2017 @ 4:51am CDT
And what makes you think people buy something they don't like just for brand loyalty? Did you have any prove of that? Just because you cannot find any reason to in you to like the toy itself, doesn't mean that is the same case with everyone else. People are smarter nowadays. Brand loyalty don't matter much, especially with good quality KO's going around now.
Re: Transformers 4.5" Series Possibly Confirmed as 'Transformers Authentics' Toyline (1913775)
Posted by Burn on October 1st, 2017 @ 4:58am CDT
DMSL wrote:There is no need to get personal either.

Indeed.

Don't make me get the warning paddle -Kanrabat-...