Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish)

Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish)

Friday, November 8th, 2013 3:16pm CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 69,264

Up front spoiler warning on this one. If you're looking to go into Transformers: Age of Extinction spoiler free this isn't the news for you..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Remember those early rumors that were circulating around the internet about Transformers 4, the ones that mentioned the Autobots riding into battle on the Dinobots? Those were dismissed by many, but it appears they might have been spot on! JoeBlo has obtained an image from a recent trade show that depicts exactly that, the new Optimus Prime riding on who we assume must be Grimlock in T-rex mode! Check out the the image mirrored below.

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish)

Credit(s): JoBlo

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528743)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CST
Looks like shit to be honest. Doesn't at all fit the movie aesthetic.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528745)
Posted by ScottyP on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:27pm CST
For now, and I stress "For now", this has me excited for the next movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528747)
Posted by mattj972 on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CST
I have to admit that I'm really digging the photo. I was worried Grimlock would be a truck or something. No if only they can get Gregg Berger to voice Grimlock.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528750)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CST
Aww...here we go. This is going to be another one of those polarizing issues that drives the fandom mad.

I love your work, Bay, I do, but man think of those of us left to pick up the pieces when you go on a crazy rampage. Mmmkay?

That said... It looks ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528753)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:50pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528755)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:that picture makes me want to cry, but at least gimlock (if that is him, this is bay afterall) is a T-Rex. Next question is will the dinobots have robot modes or are they just robot dinosaurs?

I can't imagine they wouldn't go for the gusto. However, even if they don't, I'm sure Hasbro has plans to make the toys do so. It would certainly help sales, that's for sure.

"Mom, I like dinosaurs. I like Transformers. Why don't they have any that are transforming dinosaurs?"

"Well, Billy, you're in luck. Here's Grimlock."

"Mother, please commence with the emptying of your bank account and gas tank, TO THE HUNTING MOBILE!"

"Or...mommy could just order them all online to save time, patience and money."

"You keep bringing me gold, Mother. Gold."
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528760)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528761)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:I am now convinced that this movie will be the single most bomb-ass event in the history of man kind.

I do indeed sense bomb-diggity-ness. Yo.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528762)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:08pm CST
If Michael Bay's going to go over the top with things, this is the way to do it.

Optimus Prime riding into battle on the back of a mother-lovin' robot T-Rex. Eff yeah. 8)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528766)
Posted by YRQRM0 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CST
Wow....interesting....
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528773)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CST
Hmm... I like that Grimlock is retaining his T-Rex alt mode, but not sure about Optimus riding him into battle... We'll see though. Might work out real nice.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528778)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CST
This
is
so
freaking
AWESOME!!!!!

I was hoping the Dinobots would look more skeletal, however.

That scale, tho. Looks like we're reaching near Demolisher's size, if not bigger. That would be a first for the Autobots in this franchise. =P~
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528779)
Posted by Metrosuplex on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CST
The curmudgeon in me still wants to denounce this movie as utter rubbish... but.... that image shows some potential. Goofy, big explosion potential... but I'm on board (if they can just tone down the awful "humor" and human parts).

mattj972 wrote: No if only they can get Gregg Berger to voice Grimlock.

Now I'm kicking myself for not asking him when I saw him at TF-Expo! :BANG_HEAD: Course, he'd probably be clueless (back in August), as I'm sure they wouldn't be calling him until late in production, right? Anyway, it's not like he's hard to reach or too busy for a big movie like this, so I really don't see why they wouldn't do it (he's experienced and talented, as it is).

kirbenvost wrote:...back of a mother-lovin' robot T-Rex. Eff yeah. 8)

:APPLAUSE: The efforts you just went to in order to avoid naughty words! :APPLAUSE: CHEESE'N'RICE! :lol: HOLY SHATNER! :P
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528781)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CST
Metrosuplex wrote:but I'm on board (if they can just tone down the awful "humor" and human parts).

This is the live action films we're talking about. Sadly, you have more of a chance getting struck by lightning than this happening.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528783)
Posted by Metrosuplex on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:16pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:

:lol: Sadly, I'm more likely interested in being struck by lightning than seeing this movie!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528787)
Posted by Janus Prime on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:28pm CST
I think many of us have used Cybertron Scourge or even Beast Wars Megatron as... transportation for other figures, it looks great in the shelve. It´s nice to get an officialversion of that, though.

By the way, this might mean that the Beast Riders listings from last week are real.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528794)
Posted by ILL-Star on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:24pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528799)
Posted by Metrosuplex on November 8th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CST
ILL-Star wrote:Grimlock appears too cartoony. He looks way too smooth and solid especially around the upper mouth and jaw. It may be real, but I feel this looks more like the box art for a toy or how he would appear in a kids book rather than an actual movie model.

I agree. I was going to say that they'll need to tone down the store displays, so as not to scare the kiddies. I'm thinking the ACTUAL movie Grimlock will be a lot more ferocious/scary. But even then, you have to wonder if Hasbro is on Michael Bay's case about that! :-? I can see Bay going full T-Rex and a Hasbro exec telling him it'll scare too many children, so...
yeah, the movie can still be a mess, even with some good ideas! :BANG_HEAD: Sometimes when you pull your punches like that, you make for a shorter or less interesting fight.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528803)
Posted by TK415 on November 8th, 2013 @ 7:26pm CST
What is the stuff above Grimlock and Prime? Is the picture on the ground? Are those wall hangings? And if so, what are they?

Thanks.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock Image (Spoiler-ish) (1528806)
Posted by megatronus on November 8th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CST
Must... Have... Toy...

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY