Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs"

Transformers News: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs"

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 5:22PM CDT

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 29,016

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Michael Bay and his pyrotechnics crew are at it again. During today's filming, they utilized "The mother of all bombs" in Chicago. Chicago is no stranger to Bay's work, considering the bulk of DOTM's filming took place there for the last film in 2011. This one could quite possibly be his biggest explosion, yet!

The Chicago Tribune had this to say:

The “Transformers: Age of Extinction” director and his crew are scheduled to wrap in Chicago this week, but not before filming what one source with the production called the “mother of all bombs.” The source said the explosion will take place Wednesday afternoon around the silos on S. Damen Avenue and W. 29th Street in the Pilsen area. This is the same site where “Transformers” recently blew up a bridge, while at the same time setting off an impressive fireball.


To read the full article, please visit the Tribune's page at the following link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 162.column

All the explosions, all the horrified bystanders, all the new 'bots and 'cons will make their appearance in theaters on June 27th, 2014. How many time will you experience the mayhem? How will Bay top "the mother of all bombs"? Let us know, leave your comments in the thread!

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Credit(s): Chicago Tribune
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521365)
Posted by njb902 on October 2nd, 2013 @ 5:27pm CDT
No pictures? So if it's the mother of all bombs is Bay being given access to hydrogen bombs now :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521368)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 2nd, 2013 @ 5:35pm CDT
njb902 wrote:No pictures? So if it's the mother of all bombs is Bay being given access to hydrogen bombs now :michaelbay:


Filming is probably still happening as we speak. As soon as Chicago news media gets their hands on said explosion, we'll be adding any and all pics/video as soon as possible.

If I remember correctly, ROTF had the largest explosion because they blew up like a tanker's worth of gasoline. Where Epps threw the smoke bomb in the ruins and Ironhide was nearly blown apart. That massive explosion was one of the largest recorded on film. Topping that in Chicago can't be fun or easy. I have a feeling a lot of the residents are going to be very unhappy with him and the crew.

It reminds me of the commentary track from Highlander. Director Russell Mulcahy said when they filmed the NYC alley scenes in London (most of the actors were from there, as well as the director), when the manhole covers popped off and all the windows blew, it was so loud and shook the area so hard that emergency management services were called and people were P.O.ed. Big time.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521370)
Posted by dragons on October 2nd, 2013 @ 5:42pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
njb902 wrote:No pictures? So if it's the mother of all bombs is Bay being given access to hydrogen bombs now :michaelbay:


Filming is probably still happening as we speak. As soon as Chicago news media gets their hands on said explosion, we'll be adding any and all pics/video as soon as possible.

If I remember correctly, ROTF had the largest explosion because they blew up like a tanker's worth of gasoline. Where Epps threw the smoke bomb in the ruins and Ironhide was nearly blown apart. That massive explosion was one of the largest recorded on film. Topping that in Chicago can't be fun or easy. I have a feeling a lot of the residents are going to be very unhappy with him and the crew.

It reminds me of the commentary track from Highlander. Director Russell Mulcahy said when they filmed the NYC alley scenes in London (most of the actors were from there, as well as the director), when the manhole covers popped off and all the windows blew, it was so loud and shook the area so hard that emergency management services were called and people were P.O.ed. Big time.


I lived I be there with hd video camera filming the whole getting poeple reactions when big bang goes laughing my butt off while people are getting picked off :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521372)
Posted by njb902 on October 2nd, 2013 @ 5:50pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
njb902 wrote:No pictures? So if it's the mother of all bombs is Bay being given access to hydrogen bombs now :michaelbay:


Filming is probably still happening as we speak. As soon as Chicago news media gets their hands on said explosion, we'll be adding any and all pics/video as soon as possible.

If I remember correctly, ROTF had the largest explosion because they blew up like a tanker's worth of gasoline. Where Epps threw the smoke bomb in the ruins and Ironhide was nearly blown apart. That massive explosion was one of the largest recorded on film. Topping that in Chicago can't be fun or easy. I have a feeling a lot of the residents are going to be very unhappy with him and the crew.

It reminds me of the commentary track from Highlander. Director Russell Mulcahy said when they filmed the NYC alley scenes in London (most of the actors were from there, as well as the director), when the manhole covers popped off and all the windows blew, it was so loud and shook the area so hard that emergency management services were called and people were P.O.ed. Big time.


I can't wait to see any pictures. I also bet your right about people being passed. I wonder how they mitigate the damage to Windows ect ect.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521387)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 2nd, 2013 @ 6:39pm CDT
So the Dinobots are going to be fighting a female Decepticon who gives birth to bombs? Now THAT's an AofE voyager I'll buy ASAP! Come on Bayniverse-baby-Blockrock!
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521389)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 2nd, 2013 @ 7:00pm CDT
I misread the topic title as "Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Boobs". :oops:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521390)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 2nd, 2013 @ 7:13pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:So the Dinobots are going to be fighting a female Decepticon who gives birth to bombs? Now THAT's an AofE voyager I'll buy ASAP! Come on Bayniverse-baby-Blockrock!


I...have no words. None.

Sabrblade wrote:I misread the topic title as "Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Boobs". :oops:


I think we'd all watch that version...
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521391)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 2nd, 2013 @ 7:16pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I misread the topic title as "Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Boobs". :oops:


I think we'd all watch that version...
Not me. Unlike the casual moviegoers, I watch these movies for the Bots.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction To Showcase "The Mother Of All Bombs" (1521599)
Posted by Shockwave7 on October 3rd, 2013 @ 7:51pm CDT
I'd say that with Bay as the director, the movie itself will be the mother of all BOMBS. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah!

Ending Soon On eBay

SDCC 2017 Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Optimus Prime Burning Rubber - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 15 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Starscream G-1 LEADER CLASS Generations classics - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 18 minutes 36 seconds
NEW HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER ROADBUSTER ACTION FIGURE THRILLING - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 25 minutes 4 seconds
Blaster & Twin Cast Titans Return Transformers Leader Class 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 25 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS LOT * BUMBLEBEE w/ Coin & BONUS * JADA METAL Diecast 1:24 1/24 NIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 28 minutes
JADA Transformers 1:32 & 1:64 SET ** OPTIMUS BUMBLEBEE BARRICADE CROSSHAIRS  NIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 32 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers AOE Advanced Series AD12 AD02 AD26 Optimus Prime Lockdown Takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds
2003 Transformers Universe MicroMasters Series 1 Red Alert - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 37 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test