Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail

Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail

Monday, January 9th, 2017 7:34pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,622

Also via Bounti76 and their Walmart store in Centerville, Utah, we have a first sighting for the second wave of Transformers Alt-Modes figures, the superdeformed tiny robots with a big head - as seen back at NYCC. They come in blind packs, but your fellow Seibetronian was able to snag a Cliffjumper and a Sideswipe. Check them out below!

Transformers News: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail

Credit(s): Bounti76

Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851426)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 9th, 2017 @ 8:25pm CST
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851484)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 10th, 2017 @ 1:51am CST
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851525)
Posted by no-one on January 10th, 2017 @ 8:35am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'd love to get some of these, but the whole blind box thing is a turn off. Knowing my luck I'd get two of the same figure.
They're pretty fun. Worth nabbing at least one of your favorite characters. The first wave had a little peepy hole in the side so you could pick the one you like.

I wonder if series two will be the same :-?

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I kind of find the Sideswipe adorable. May have to be on the lookout for those bags
I feel I need that Sideswipe too. Do we know the full line up yet?
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851536)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 10th, 2017 @ 9:06am CST
carytheone wrote:
I feel I need that Sideswipe too. Do we know the full line up yet?
We probably do, but I've never given much heed to alt modes, so I don't know anything really. But now though I need to start looking. I want one
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851549)
Posted by no-one on January 10th, 2017 @ 10:01am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
carytheone wrote:
I feel I need that Sideswipe too. Do we know the full line up yet?
Fun desk toy at least and worth getting one for.

If you pull the insignia tab on top, it triggers the "transformation". It can even be done one handed. Fun for quick change action fun! ;)^
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851614)
Posted by no-one on January 10th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CST
So I was on my lunch time toy run and I ran across what I thought were new Alt Modes at Target. The display, packaging and bot assortment is new-ish (some repeats), but they are labeled as series one. The old packaging looked different and had a different line up.

I think the local TRU still has a case or so of the old ones or I can dig out my box from the older style to compare.
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851703)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 10th, 2017 @ 8:55pm CST
I'm thinking of making a Walmart run later this week or next week. Maybe I'll take a peak
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851732)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 10th, 2017 @ 10:50pm CST
carytheone wrote:

Did not know about the hole. How easy is it to tell who's in there?
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1851754)
Posted by no-one on January 11th, 2017 @ 5:47am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:

Did not know about the hole. How easy is it to tell who's in there?
Pretty easy actually. The hole is just a little smaller than a dime. You can wiggle the box a bit and move the figure around to get a better view. I was able to pick every character out until I found a Prowl. If you spot one in the wild, give 'em a shake ;)^
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1852118)
Posted by no-one on January 12th, 2017 @ 2:04pm CST
And here is the OG series 1.

Conspiracy? #altmodegate? Probably just a running change. Still weird though :-?

Oh, and Chuck, those holes on the lineup side is where you can get your 10ยข peek on :saint:

And for your viewing pleasure:

Alt Mode Vs.png
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1852326)
Posted by ScottyP on January 13th, 2017 @ 7:53pm CST
Did someone ask for a break down of the line? To the, actually, my brain, shamefully.

Wave 1 and 2 - Series 1 with a literally identical assortment for some reason, probably miscommunication. Seem at TRU stores in the later half of 2016.
  • Optimus Prime
  • Megatron
  • Starscream
  • Thundercracker
  • Skywarp
  • Ultra Magnus
  • Prowl
  • Nemesis Prime

Wave 3 - more of Series 1, showing up at Target stores now.
New toys
  • Sunstorm
  • Acid Storm
  • Smokescreen
  • Bumblebee
  • Cliffjumper
Wave 1 carryovers
  • Optimus Prime
  • Megatron
  • Starscream

Wave 4 - Series 2, showing up at Wal-Mart stores now and some Targets. Unsure if this was solicited as Wave 4 or "2017 Wave 1" or something similar.
New toys
  • Hound
  • Sideswipe
  • Bluestreak
  • Silver Optimus Prime
Series 1 carryovers
  • Bumblebee
  • Cliffjumper
  • Megatron
  • Starscream

Future Waves - revealed, unknown release dates.
  • Dirge
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1852457)
Posted by ScottyP on January 15th, 2017 @ 10:45am CST
Also, since these aren't true blind boxes, I've added the series back to the sightings page: http://www.seibertron.com/sightings/ind ... t-modes235

Hope that helps!
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1852898)
Posted by no-one on January 17th, 2017 @ 3:40pm CST
Spotted series 2 at Wal-mart today. ScottyP did and excellent write up, but a picture is worth a 1000 words ;)

20170117_125125.jpg

20170117_125135.jpg

20170117_125150.jpg

20170117_125152.jpg

Silver OP :-?
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1853730)
Posted by no-one on January 22nd, 2017 @ 2:28pm CST
Psssst... $3.97 each at Gamestop.

20170122_134610.jpg
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1853884)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 23rd, 2017 @ 11:14am CST
Seibertronian music master Carytheone has dropped in to let us know that the highly cute and highly addictive Transformers Alt Mode figures have started showing up for $3.97 at Gamestop! Normally priced around $6.97, these little figures are fun novelty items that are well worth the $3.97 to get them.

So head on out to your local Gamestop and pick yourself up some Alt Modes!

Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1853931)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on January 23rd, 2017 @ 1:42pm CST
hmm i may need to get a couple at that price
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1853934)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 23rd, 2017 @ 1:47pm CST
GalvatronG1 wrote:hmm i may need to get a couple at that price

Just be careful... They're addicting
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1854108)
Posted by Terrsolpix on January 24th, 2017 @ 12:42am CST
Sadly wave 1. I love the little guys and it wouldn't hurt to even out their ranks.
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1854307)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on January 24th, 2017 @ 6:07pm CST
More addicting than Funko Pop? HA I only got one and i am good
Re: Transformers Alt Modes Wave 2 Sighted at US Retail (1854465)
Posted by Seibertron on January 25th, 2017 @ 9:52am CST
I was really disappointed by the Alt-Modes. If they had a way to "lock" the robot mode and had better/more paint apps, I would have thought these were a cute little addition to my collection. Since they can't stand in robot mode, it kind of killed my enjoyment of these plus many of them had noticeable paint flaws in the paint apps on their faces.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers RUMBLE Figure Generations Selects Spy Patrol WFC Micromaster Frenzy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers age of Extinction generations legion Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Autobot Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack G1 Ravage Cage! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mastermind-Creations  R-0IC Terminus Hexatron Continuum Reformatted" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron VORTEX  Bruticus Combaticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron SWINDLE Deluxe Bruticus" on EBAY