Saturday, May 24th, 2008 5:41am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 12,206

Yup, that's right, another week, another Transformers Animated episode update. We know you have it all memorized by now, but we want to give you guys a place to share your thoughts!

We are really building up some steam here, with the number of new episodes in a row. Today's episode marks the introduction of some more baddies--the title says it all...Scrapper and Mixmaster mix it up with Bulkhead and the Autobots, in "Rise of the Constructicons".

If you are home on Monday, and up at 6:00 AM, you can catch "Return of the Headmaster". It'll help fill the emptiness left when Sentinel Prime left with the Elite Guard a few episodes back.

Next week Saturday, "A Fistful of Energon" is scheduled. You can view the Cartoon Network Schedule here.

Credit(s): Cartoon Network

Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707246)
Posted by First-Aid on May 24th, 2008 @ 6:19am CDT
I'll watch it. I need some mindless entertainment.

Is there something going on with the servers? This is the only news topic that isn't coming up "Page Not Found" for me this morning.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707252)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 24th, 2008 @ 6:28am CDT
First-Aid wrote:I'll watch it. I need some mindless entertainment.

I've put in a request with the powers that be to check out this. Yours is happening when you click on the news from the sidebar correct? I haven't tried it from the main page.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707337)
Posted by BlurPrime on May 24th, 2008 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707344)
Posted by shortround on May 24th, 2008 @ 9:48am CDT
Well that sort of sucked I really can't say that I liked the Constructicons that much they lacked something, I don't know what it was but there was just something wrong about them. I hope next week episode is better.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707350)
Posted by First-Aid on May 24th, 2008 @ 10:07am CDT
OMG...that was really lame. I should get a lawyer and sue on behalf of the construction industry who was so obviously stereotyped there...just so we'd never see the damned Constructidrunks again :shock:
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707390)
Posted by DCybertron on May 24th, 2008 @ 11:40am CDT
BlurPrime wrote:so animated is only going to have 2 constructicons? there should be all 6 of them so we can see devastator.

maybe in season 3

check out the vid in my signature
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707397)
Posted by Anonymous on May 24th, 2008 @ 11:57am CDT
This isn't an episode to go really crazy over. There were only two constructicons and we just should have called them MArio and Luigi. No Devastator and one Mixmaster had a butt crack, I think this was a sucky episode.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707406)
Posted by artoni on May 24th, 2008 @ 12:14pm CDT
Personally, I loved it up until the end with Bulkhead.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707411)
Posted by DavidT on May 24th, 2008 @ 12:17pm CDT
Even though there were only 2 Constructicons, they were pretty damn big. The 2 of them might combine and be pretty good size. But I completely agree that there should be more Constructicons, at least 2 more.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707432)
Posted by leader magnus prime on May 24th, 2008 @ 1:15pm CDT
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707454)
Posted by darkqueen01 on May 24th, 2008 @ 2:25pm CDT

Why the obsession with seeing the same show over and over agian?!?! If you want to see 6 Constructicons turn into Devastator then I suggest finding your DVD copies of the G1 show and watching those episodes. The original show already did it so why should the Animated people do the same exact thing over and over again?
Boooring.

Personally I liked this episode. It made me laugh, showed how ruthless the Decepticons can be (Blitzwings Use 'em and Lose 'em strategy) and showed how clever Megatron is. (Whaaaat? Who told you that?) Granted, I will concede that it could be argued that the episode stereotypes Construction Workers, or even blue collar workers in general, tho I don't see it that way. The idea that the images of Mixmaster and Scrapper representing an image of the entire construction industry seems a bit of a stretch to me. Perhaps their demeanors are a bit over the top, but they do exhibit great qualities such as always being willing to help out others no matter who needs the help. And quite frankly, who doesn't enjoy a nice relaxing drink (whatever your choice) after a hard days work? Perhaps some younger viewers can't identify with this, but I certainly can.

And poor Bulkhead. *tear* He did kinda go a bit crazy at the end, tho. Still, I thought that the Constructicons losing their memory was kinda a cop out ending. "If they lose their memories then they can't tell the Decepticons where the Autobots are!" and vice versa.

And quite frankly, how does no one know where the Autobots are hiding out? I wouldn't think that an abandoned warehouse in the city would be much of a hiding place. *shrugs* :-B

bumblerumblev2 wrote:im pretty sure the voice of mixmaster is the guy that played luigi in the old super mario bros action movie

Nope, the voice actor Jeff Glen Bennett, from what I can tell, has not done any Mario related voices/appearences. In Animated he is the voice of Mixmaster, Angry Archer, Prowl, Soundwave, and Ultra Magnus and a boatload of other shows and movies. (Brooklyn from Gargoyles, hells yeah!) If you are referring to the live action movie, the actor who played Luigi was John Leguizamo.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707494)
Posted by Defcon! on May 24th, 2008 @ 3:51pm CDT
I liked the episode. Sure some are better than others but overall they're all pretty good. It's cool to see something different wether it be stories art style ect. Sometimes it takes a little to get used to and grow on you but this series has done that for me a while back now . I thought the voices of the constructicons or more specific the accents would be rather annoying but after awhile they were actually kinda funny. I loved when a car would drive by and they would hoot and holler like the vehicle was female i laughed my ass off at that and when after a long day at work they would go get a cold one (oil drum). Again i liked it and there's always something i like about the episodes. :D
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707707)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 24th, 2008 @ 9:50pm CDT
I watched the first 2 minutes and turned it off. The Animated people really like dumbing down all the characters. I've talked to some children about this show, they either only watch it because it's on right before Ben 10 or because their little brother watches it. They weren't excited about this show.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707751)
Posted by ultra tron on May 25th, 2008 @ 1:15am CDT
Mario and Luigi-con!
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707901)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 25th, 2008 @ 11:06am CDT
Well, it was interesting for sure.

I thought it was very interesting in relationship to G1 episodes. The relationship between Bulkhead and the Constructicons reminded me an awful lot of the relationship between Omega Supreme and the Constructicons in G1 before they were mindwiped and reprogrammed by Megatron to be bad.

I watched it with that flavor in mind, and it made it more tolerable.

However, it was fun in its cliche generalizations. The whistling chasing skirts constructions workers. The brew enjoying boys. I thought it was funny, if not a bit overdone.

However, the animation in this really bugged me.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (707952)
Posted by Nekoman on May 25th, 2008 @ 1:01pm CDT
I’ll post some quick pros and cons for the episode since I had fun with that last week.

Pros:

- Surprisingly, the constructicons weren’t that irritating, and had some character too.
- It was good they were able to show that the Autobots do rebuild what gets destroyed.
- Lack of Sari. :D
- Humor wasn’t annoying.
- Megatron doesn’t seem as dumb as he was in Megatron Rising, it’s good that he still has a brain to work with.

Cons:

- Episode ended abruptly.
- The constructicons lost memory of what happened and rolled off to-… Where?
- I’m seeing too much of Bulkhead, a little more screen time for the rest of the cast excluding Bumblebee would be nice.
- The G1 reference at the beginning of the episode felt out of place, plus those irritate me anyway.
- Instead of standing there like an imbecile, Prime COULD have done something to Bulkhead, this Prime just isn’t very… well, Prime.
- Episode just didn’t really live up to what it could have been.

I thought about saying it every week for pros and cons, but continuously talking about the animation would be kind of redundant.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (708031)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 25th, 2008 @ 4:38pm CDT
Next week you get your wish NM. Prowl is featured with Lockdown.

Yes, the G1 construction guys seem to be a recurring theme. Seems like everyone dresses that way if they are in construction.

What will sorry do without her hair--pony tails-- "Hey, those don't grow back overnight you know!?!"

Megatron was a bit more calculating isn't he? A bit more like when he was Sumdac's source of tech trying to build his body back.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (708044)
Posted by Nekoman on May 25th, 2008 @ 5:06pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Next week you get your wish NM. Prowl is featured with Lockdown.

That’s the episode where the Seekers appear right? To tell you the truth this is one of the few episodes I’ve wholeheartedly been looking forward to. I cant wait! :)

I hope they pull this off.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (708325)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 26th, 2008 @ 6:37am CDT
Nekoman wrote:

I hope they pull this off.

Not sure, I have been trying to only catch them as they come out, not using other ways to see them.

I know it has to do with Prowl, Lockdown, and Starscream, so it is entirely possible from what I do know about Starscream's future that it starts here.
Re: Transformers Animated "Rise of the Constructicons"-Showing On Cartoon Network At 10:30 (708494)
Posted by shortround on May 26th, 2008 @ 1:16pm CDT
I still have trouble with the animated series version of the constructicons. There is just something off about them, although I'm looking forward to next weeks episode since it sounds like they will be introducing the seekers.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY