Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you?

Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you?

Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 8:06am CDT

Categories: Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 19,316

User Soundatron of tfw2005.com has reported finding some interesting listings at Toys R Us. Soundatron reports that Toys R Us will be having a feature shop in the 'seasonal department', with stores receiving 1 to 2 units of 'Transformers Bikes', listed 18B Optimus Bike (857553) and 18B Bumblebee (85761).

See Soundatron's original post here.

Credit(s): Soundatron

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 10:14am CDT

Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140304)
Posted by Kayevcee on May 29th, 2007 @ 8:30am CDT
Some of the transformations have been a bit tenuous on the associated merchandise so far, though. "Transforms into folded-up-bike for ease of portability" is about as much as I'd expect. A perfectly valid and useful feature to be sure, but it ain't exactly "converts from bicycle to jetpack... and back!", is it? I mean it's 2007, folks!

-Nick
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140307)
Posted by Sunstar on May 29th, 2007 @ 8:37am CDT
I don't class bikes as toys. I classify them as transportation... Some may use them as toys.

Cool, I wonder if my husband will see these sort of things. He works in a warehouse for Canadian Tire and he might see this sort of thing come in...or he might not, he is doing topshelf more now.
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140312)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 29th, 2007 @ 8:39am CDT
I wouldn't doubt this, I bet it'll be a regular bike with just a plastic pannel on the bars and some decals.

Still, it it's cool like that TF BigWheel I had when I was little, that could be cool.

That thing had a spinbreak, a little gun on the handles and best of all, the front was moulded to look like a car, and the grill flipped over to reveal a secret robot face!

Thanks news post, I total forgot about that thing till now.
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140331)
Posted by Anonymous on May 29th, 2007 @ 9:13am CDT
Lunchables, sports label, bikes...what's next--TF deodorant?

Whatever.
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140351)
Posted by 1337W422102 on May 29th, 2007 @ 9:33am CDT
YouFearGalvatron wrote:Lunchables, sports label, bikes...what's next--TF deodorant?

Whatever.

You forget magic washcloths. :P
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140362)
Posted by Zombie Starscream on May 29th, 2007 @ 9:43am CDT
TF Deoderant- Smell Megatron fresh!! :lol:
Or maybe it has the simulated smell of WD-40.
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140365)
Posted by Sunstar on May 29th, 2007 @ 9:46am CDT
I always wondered what Decepticon air fresheners smelled like. What smells like Decepticon? Jet fumes?
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140391)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 29th, 2007 @ 10:14am CDT
I saw this coming. Of course, I'll never be able to fit on one of these! :(
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140394)
Posted by Seibertron on May 29th, 2007 @ 10:16am CDT
I really don't know where to put this thread... Bikes count as toys, right?

I moved this to Transformers General Discussion. :)
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140452)
Posted by DREWCIFER on May 29th, 2007 @ 11:24am CDT

I also used to assemble Bikes for a Bike shop in G.ville FL. They sold bikes to (mostly) college students around UF. These were just more expensive toys.

So, bikes are toys.

I remember those cheesy 20" BMX's that had a plastic plate in the front with the # and some logo, I can picture these the same way with the Transformers face on it and the logo on the plastic chain guard.

However, it would be kick @ss if somehow, they could transform in one way or another.

:DEVIL:
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140548)
Posted by Retardicon on May 29th, 2007 @ 12:39pm CDT

Anybody know what i'm talking about?
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140557)
Posted by Lorekeeper on May 29th, 2007 @ 12:43pm CDT
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140646)
Posted by Riotflea on May 29th, 2007 @ 2:08pm CDT
OptimusPrive wrote:Yeah, I think I had that bad boy Big Wheel, or I wnated it so bad that I have very clear memories of it

I wish they actually transformed more.
I mean seriously, 3 moving parts just didn't cut it:

(warning, language)
http://www.maj.com/gallery/JINZONINGEN7 ... rcycle.gif
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140683)
Posted by DREWCIFER on May 29th, 2007 @ 3:00pm CDT
To Riotflea: Bloody Genius!

:DEVIL:
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140704)
Posted by Byrerprime on May 29th, 2007 @ 3:19pm CDT
Handbanana wrote:did anyone here have the transformers big wheel? it was red and black. The handle bars had a car's front end. The quarter panels slid out over the grips to make arms and the front end flipped up to reveal a face...

Anybody know what i'm talking about?

I certainly do. My wife just found one on e-bay for our 5-year old son. Like all G1 - some sticker wear.
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140768)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 29th, 2007 @ 3:56pm CDT
DJDrew&ScoobyDoo wrote:I used to be a Bike Builder for the Wal*Martians. Bikes are in the toy sections. Therefore bikes are toys.

So, bikes are toys.

:DEVIL:

You get my vote on the toy debate! ;)^
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140919)
Posted by Darth Decepticonus on May 29th, 2007 @ 5:39pm CDT
Zombie Starscream wrote:TF Deoderant- Smell Megatron fresh!! :lol:
Or maybe it has the simulated smell of WD-40.

hey if it picks up chicks I'd use it.
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (140960)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 29th, 2007 @ 6:21pm CDT
Interesting. Not surprising ( I dont think anything that gets released with the Transformers branding on it will surprise me now that I have seen the Spiderman 3 Toaster...)

Im guessing they'll be plain bikes with blue/red and yellow paint schemes and maybe a number plate of sorts to put on the handlebars. The "transforming bikes" aspect would be cool, even if they were those foldaway bikes that are popular throughout asia...
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (141082)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 29th, 2007 @ 7:43pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:

Whatever.

You forget magic washcloths. :P

we saw those a couple weeks ago.
Re: Transformers Bikes coming to a store near you? (141085)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 29th, 2007 @ 7:46pm CDT

Anybody know what i'm talking about?

Thanks, I wrote about this in my post, I was afraid me and my brother where the only ones who had them.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers combiner wars blackjack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Generations Deluxe Thrilling 30 Autobot Skids w/ IDW comic MOSC????" on EBAY
Buy "Perceptor Transformers Super 7 reaction figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Movie Cyberverse Legion Class Topspin Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 DECEPTICON THUNDERCRACKER FIGURE Loose Combiner Wars Legends" on EBAY