Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 11:30am CST

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,110

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Our friend Ken Christiansen has shared some of his early concept work for the Transformers Bots Shots line. Here we have the vehicle modes for DOTM style Megatron, Shockwave, and Leadfoot. According to Ken he also produced designs for Dino and Soundwave, which at this point have yet to see production. Be sure to drop by Ken's facebook page for more awesome art: The Art of Ken Christiansen


Ken Christiansen wrote:Some re-discovered art, ground floor on what would become the Bot Shots line. Just some fast vehicle designs to fill out a Hasbro presentation for Siebenaler. If I remember right, Marcelo Matere art was doing the bot designs.

I also did (unreleased as far as I know) vehicle designs for Dino and Soundwave, from DotM, and that's all I've ever done for Bot Shots. Just the day and a half or so of work in 2010.



Transformers News: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Credit(s): Ken Christiansen


This article was last modified on Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 11:43pm CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531494)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2013 @ 9:37pm CST
Bot Shots or not, it's always neat to see concept art like this.
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531835)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 5:25am CST
I like the Shockwave tank mode but I wonder how they will be able to add the gun arm :-?
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531845)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Shockwave has a cool alt-mode but I wonder how the will be able to add the arm gun in rodot mode :-? .
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532193)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2013 @ 11:51am CST
NecaPrime wrote:Shockwave has a cool alt-mode but I wonder how the will be able to add the arm gun in rodot mode :-? .
Well, since this design was ultimately never used, it probably wasn't going to have an arm gun.

After all, the first Shockwave mold didn't have one, and the second one did but only because it has two cannons in tank mode (one on top and one on the side that became his arm).

Image
Image
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532370)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 29th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
NecaPrime wrote:Shockwave has a cool alt-mode but I wonder how the will be able to add the arm gun in rodot mode :-? .
Well, since this design was ultimately never used, it probably wasn't going to have an arm gun.

After all, the first Shockwave mold didn't have one, and the second one did but only because it has two cannons in tank mode (one on top and one on the side that became his arm).

Image
Image


sorry I forgot about that mould. Thats why I dont like botshots. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533007)
Posted by Tuna Chump on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:18am CST
They look really cool!
Love the Shockwave one. I can just imagine him sitting on my desk :lol:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533009)
Posted by NecaPrime on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:25am CST
NecaPrime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
NecaPrime wrote:Shockwave has a cool alt-mode but I wonder how the will be able to add the arm gun in rodot mode :-? .
Well, since this design was ultimately never used, it probably wasn't going to have an arm gun.

After all, the first Shockwave mold didn't have one, and the second one did but only because it has two cannons in tank mode (one on top and one on the side that became his arm).

Image
Image


sorry I forgot about that mould. Thats why I dont like botshots. :BANG_HEAD:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6in Figure IN HAND!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Grimwing Predacon Beast hunters Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class BUMBLEBEE Intelligence Specialist Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY