Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Transformers News: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen

Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 11:30AM CST

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,108

Our friend Ken Christiansen has shared some of his early concept work for the Transformers Bots Shots line. Here we have the vehicle modes for DOTM style Megatron, Shockwave, and Leadfoot. According to Ken he also produced designs for Dino and Soundwave, which at this point have yet to see production. Be sure to drop by Ken's facebook page for more awesome art: The Art of Ken Christiansen

Ken Christiansen wrote:Some re-discovered art, ground floor on what would become the Bot Shots line. Just some fast vehicle designs to fill out a Hasbro presentation for Siebenaler. If I remember right, Marcelo Matere art was doing the bot designs.

I also did (unreleased as far as I know) vehicle designs for Dino and Soundwave, from DotM, and that's all I've ever done for Bot Shots. Just the day and a half or so of work in 2010.

Transformers News: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen
Credit(s): Ken Christiansen
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531494)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2013 @ 9:37pm CST
Bot Shots or not, it's always neat to see concept art like this.
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531835)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 5:25am CST
I like the Shockwave tank mode but I wonder how they will be able to add the gun arm :-?
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1531845)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 26th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532193)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2013 @ 11:51am CST
NecaPrime wrote:Shockwave has a cool alt-mode but I wonder how the will be able to add the arm gun in rodot mode :-? .
Well, since this design was ultimately never used, it probably wasn't going to have an arm gun.

After all, the first Shockwave mold didn't have one, and the second one did but only because it has two cannons in tank mode (one on top and one on the side that became his arm).

Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1532370)
Posted by NecaPrime on November 29th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

sorry I forgot about that mould. Thats why I dont like botshots. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533007)
Posted by Tuna Chump on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:18am CST
They look really cool!
Love the Shockwave one. I can just imagine him sitting on my desk :lol:
Re: Transformers Bots Shots Concept Art from Ken Christiansen (1533009)
Posted by NecaPrime on December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:25am CST
NecaPrime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

sorry I forgot about that mould. Thats why I dont like botshots. :BANG_HEAD:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Takara D02 Henkei Classics Starscream MOSC MISB Japanese - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 46 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers 5 Autobot Sqweeks Rc Robot Transformers The Last Knight NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 46 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Cybertron VECTOR PRIME Galaxy Force Collectible Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 48 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Takara Exclusive Henkei Classics Thundercracker MOSC MISB Japanese - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 50 minutes 32 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen CANNON BUMBLEBEE Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 57 minutes 2 seconds
CHROMEDOME + STYLOR Transformers Titans Return Generations Deluxe Hasbro New - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 11 seconds
Trypticon Full Tilt Tiny Electro Disrupter Gun 1986 G1 Transformers Accessories - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 4 minutes 25 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations GDO Voyager POWERDIVE MISB New Sealed - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 4 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017