Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview

Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview

Friday, January 15th, 2010 7:24pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 19,356

The second chapter of Transformers: Bumblebee has been previewed by the folks at BigSmallComix. We get a guest appearance from the fastest Autobot in the Transformers universe. Check out the covers and a couple pages below....

Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 preview
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 preview
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 preview
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 preview

...while the rest can be seen at your own discretion here. Transformers: Bumblebee #2 will arrive at your local comic store on the 20th of January.

Keep it at Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): minimus-minor

This article was last modified on Friday, January 15th, 2010 7:25pm CST

Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037343)
Posted by JediJerseyJoe on January 15th, 2010 @ 9:54pm CST
heeeey looook

a comic that doesn't look like it was drawn by a rejected artist on lsd... :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037389)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 16th, 2010 @ 12:55am CST
geeidon'tknowifthewriterhasheardofalittlebuttoncalledthespacebar.
Itwouldmakethestorymucheasiertofollowifthewordswerenotrunninginto
eachotherlikeamassivetrainwreck.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037414)
Posted by ultra_magus on January 16th, 2010 @ 6:21am CST
Who's the artist on cover 2? Line work reminds me of early Mark Bagley work.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037461)
Posted by Moon Bug on January 16th, 2010 @ 11:27am CST
Mechabreaker wrote:geeidon'tknowifthewriterhasheardofalittlebuttoncalledthespacebar.
Itwouldmakethestorymucheasiertofollowifthewordswerenotrunninginto
eachotherlikeamassivetrainwreck.

There is a reason for this. It's because that is how Blurr talks. All the words he says blend into each other as he speaks. He was explaining that it takes all his concentration to talk slow, his concentration was broke so it all started blending into each other as his speech increased in speed.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037462)
Posted by Liftgate on January 16th, 2010 @ 11:34am CST
RE: Mechabreaker

The rantogetherwords are suppose to convey Blurr's fast speech. Personally, I would rather see the text in comic books placed under the images instead of mucking up the otherwise awesome looking art, but that's a different issue.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037463)
Posted by Liftgate on January 16th, 2010 @ 11:36am CST
RE: Moon Bug

Ahaha! Just as I was writing the same thing! Sweet. :P
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037534)
Posted by dragons on January 16th, 2010 @ 5:04pm CST
wow this looks intersting curious what the story is about in the one panel blurr almost looks like drift even though transformers hae human faces characteristcs in these comics i like g1 comics ive never said it as much as i should i have but i should have said more frequently cover a looks tough looking for bumblebee.

waiting for tpb hate to say it
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037612)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 17th, 2010 @ 12:01am CST
Moon Bug wrote:
Itwouldmakethestorymucheasiertofollowifthewordswerenotrunninginto
eachotherlikeamassivetrainwreck.

Well thanks for clearing that up, it was late and I was tired. I must have missed that portion earlier, but I saw it now. Still, it's a bit jarring for me to have to try and mentally put spaces in between the words because seeing the words that close together throws off my concentration.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037654)
Posted by JediJerseyJoe on January 17th, 2010 @ 2:02am CST
Mechabreaker wrote:
Moon Bug wrote:
Itwouldmakethestorymucheasiertofollowifthewordswerenotrunninginto
eachotherlikeamassivetrainwreck.

lol yes this is interesting.

While, I knew what they were going for here, and I knew the "cannon" explanation of why there are no spaces and the whole "takes concentration to talk slow" thing...

I find it interesting, that I too; from a readers perspective, find this EXTREMELYY difficult to read!

It actually has the INVERSE effect, and makes me read his speech EXTREMELY slow lol

just thought that was funny :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037720)
Posted by Moon Bug on January 17th, 2010 @ 6:02am CST
But when he actually speaks that is also the effect because he talks faster that the brain works so people start piecing what he's said together or only pick small sections of what he has said and don't actually know the majority of what he has actually said.

I understand what you mean though, it is awkward. The weird thing is though that if I read it as fast as he speaks I can actually read it quite easily, but if I read it normally I have to slow down as a mentally insert spaces into it. Maybe you could also try imagining his voice saying it to you in your head and see if you can read it easier because that works for me.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037721)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 17th, 2010 @ 6:25am CST
ultra_magus wrote:Who's the artist on cover 2? Line work reminds me of early Mark Bagley work.

The artist for the alternate cover is Guido Guidi, to answer your question.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037734)
Posted by Matrix. on January 17th, 2010 @ 8:06am CST
So no-one's miffed that Blurr's talking like that? He's meant to speak normally in IDW continuity. =[

And slag Don's art off all you want, but this is no where near as well drawn. The style is easier on the eyes, but the perspective is horribly off in some panels.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1037810)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on January 17th, 2010 @ 4:27pm CST
I hate having to skim past all the Don bashing posts, we have heard your points/rants/hate mail. The art is sticking around for a while, get over it. These books take place in the same continuity but have different art. Who cares? All Hail Megatron 13-16 were the same way. The spotlights were the same way. Nobody cared then, why get so angry now? This book shows promise, but don't like it because the art is more to your liking. The stories in this book are clearly linked to Ongoing. this preview takes place immediately after the last page of Ongoing 3. The art is not part of the story. Don't wait for the characters to explain why their appearance keeps changing, its not going to happen. So far, I love both books. i really enjoyed reading Blurr's lines using the voice of John Moschitta in my head. The concentration line was totally awesome and made sense.
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1040415)
Posted by Blurrz on January 25th, 2010 @ 8:20pm CST
Just bought the issue today.

Blurr's been featured in Ongoing #3, Bumblebee #1, and was the mainstay of Bumblebee #2.

I like this new found popularity....I think this calls for another Blurr toy.. :grin:
Re: Transformers: Bumblebee #2 Five-Page Preview (1040717)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 26th, 2010 @ 5:25pm CST
I really enjoyed this issue. This miniseries ties in very well with the events in the ongoing series. I am very interested to see where this story heads because the writing was just phenomenal. Seeing the five page preview for Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 only has me even more psyched for more Transformers comics. Can't wait for Bumblebee #3 and #4! :grin:

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "WINDBLADE Legion Class RARE Transformers Robots In Disguise Hasbro New Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY