Transformers News: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 11:05PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News, Collectables
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 7,942

Coming to us from the floor at San Diego Comic Con, we have images of various exclusives and products related to the upcoming Bumblebee movie. Items include:

A stylish jacket with the movie's logo and Bumblebee's iconic stripes;
    A yellow-and-black Razor scooter (?!);
    Two books based on the film's plot (one Without Final Cover, but with 8 Pages of Color Photos);
    Some sort of chunky, non-transformable toy of Bumblebee's VW design; and
    A Bumblebee-themed bag for said exclusives.
Let us know what you think of these in the forums! And this is still early days yet for SDCC, so keep an eye on Seibertron.com for more reveals and other cool stuff coming out of the con in the next few days!

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972179)
Posted by Regimus Prime on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:14am CDT
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972198)
Posted by Deadput on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:54am CDT
That is a pretty sweet coat actually, I would definitely wear it.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972648)
Posted by xRotorstormx on July 20th, 2018 @ 7:51am CDT
Regimus Prime wrote:NEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEED... to go with my 2010 Transformers Edition SS Camaro. #shamelessstunt :BOT:

Need one as well to go with my 2012 ;)
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972815)
Posted by Va'al on July 20th, 2018 @ 7:22pm CDT
We're in the infamous Hall H at San Diego Comic Con 2018, ready for updates from the Transformers Bumblebee Movie panel, featuring the cast and crew of the movie due out in December 2018 from Paramount!

Present on stage are director Travis Knight, screenwriter Christina Hodson, actors Hailee Steinfeld, Jorge Lendeborg Jr, John Cena. AND STAN BUSH PLAYING THE TOUCH LIVE ON STAGE. Anthony Breznican of Entertainment Weekly moderates the panel.

Some lighting ribbing ofMichael Bay starts off the introduction of Travis Knight, director of the movie. Clip shown as a sizzle reel for the director with the cast talking about his work and background. Background in animation starts from nothing, and animation is a distillation of feelings - this is a movie tha calls back to a smaller cast, the magic that he had as a child of the 80s - each charatcer needed its own silhouette its own canvas, moving back to the original look and wave of the G1 characters.

What could be worked into the new design from the original animation? Lots of moving parts, leaning to the original plating of the G1 design.
How is this different from animation? Process in live-action is much shorter, not terribly different, animators were approached as actors - allows the audience to attach more meaningfully. It's effectively an origin story, Bumblebee has always been the human close character, who he was , why he becomes who he becomes, a deep dive into the character to understand who he is.

What is he doing on earth with no supporting Autobots? Looking at parallels with Charlier and adolescence, trying to fit in or stand out, feeling completely utterly alone - channeling that aspect. Do we get to visit his world in this movie? YES. We will see Cybertron. It is awesome, Travis says.

It is Bumblebee's story, we have a small cast, but there are all manners of layers for fans of the franchise more widely.

Haille Steinfeld ,and Jorge Lendeborg Jr join the stage.

Charlie is trying to find that sense of freedom, to fill the loss she’s feeling, finds this car who isn’t a car, the journey of Charlie with Bumblebee is a beautiful story of discovery. Herself, she wants to start her own life, connect with what’s she’s lost with this sort of escape.

Jorge / Memo is interested in Charlie, leads him into big Bumblebee adventure, trying to see Charlie for who she is. Trying very hard even if it means going versus robot aliens. He had a Larry Bird poster in his room, GoBots are mentioned, he speaks to the inner geek within us all, the things that people might not think that are cool. Looks a lot like Travis’ bedroom as a kid.

A journey of coming of age and discovery for Charlie, Memo develops more confidence and sincerity.

Bad guys, Shatter and Dropkcik, voiced by Angela Bassett and Justin Thoreaux, they're triple changers - muscle cars and air vehicles (chopper and harrier jet) - design was inspired by Nightbird for Shatter, and Megatron for Dropkick.

Jet we saw in trailer IS NOT Starscream, but it is a Seeker (uniform jet design) design: character is called Blitzwing.

Every good hero has a good villain: Agent Burns, played by John Cena.
Going up against shapeshifting alien robots, how is he an antagonist? He thinks he is in the right in the movie, if humans help people such as Transforemrs, those humans are not that nice. Charlie does not - obviously - like Agent Burns. No one is really spilling the beans on the character - the good hook about the character is that he definitely knows he is right, and that makes it compelling as a perspective for a villain.

NEW TRAILER SHOWN

Audience questions:
for Hailee: how do you balance your music with your acting? trying to take everything one step at the time, currently touring on the East Coast, but this is exciting to see all of this coming together.

What would Bumblebee do if he had to fight an actual giant bumblebee robot? Cena: he's compassionate, trying to find out if this is a good or bad Transformer, analyze strength and weakness, he would definitely defeat the bug.

Do you expect to star in more movies after this, John Cena? Kinda depends on audience, but if it doesn't I can still go back to John Cena - do you have anything else in the works?

Another for John: what's it like transitioning from a hero to a villain? the career in the WWE and my character as a 'good guy' in the WWE was an inspiration to be a grey character morally, but definitely not a heel in this.

What was it like working with something that wasn't here? Circus performer was present on stitls in scenes for cast to work with, facial expressions were useful, but then most of the time it's a tennis ball on a stick. It has to be a believable performacne for the audience, and it's a testament to the cast's skill.

What's Bumblebee's favourite song? The Touch, clearly.

Does Bumblebee prefer acting or wrestling? (Travis plugs John Cena) Bumblebee will surpirse people, he has been something of a warrio, but he's believeable and amotional and authentic as an emotional character, credit to the animators.

What did you like a bout TFs as you were younger, Cena? Having a Transformer meant you had two toys in one, it was absolutely amazing, and getting two with one was the best experience.

PETER CULLEN ASKS A QUESTION AS OPTIMUS PRIME

Travis Knight, my name is Optimus Prime, I could not help but notice my absence in much of your footage. (It is called Bumblebee). What does an Autobot have to do to get his own movie?

Let's test emotional range. Show us joyful exuberance. (This goes as expected.)
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972822)
Posted by Black Hat on July 20th, 2018 @ 7:50pm CDT
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972829)
Posted by Deadput on July 20th, 2018 @ 8:22pm CDT
Ha ha what if Hasbro pulled off the biggest troll that Blitzwing isn't a triple changer in a film with triple changers eh?

I heard a rumor some time ago that Blitzwing was in the movie but I passed it off as nonsense but uh maybe it was a lucky guess on that guy's part.

That's more credence about the rumor that (Potential film spoilers) [spoiler]Jet guy dies at the start which couldn't be the case if it was Starscream.[/spoiler]

Slightly disappointed that it wasn't Ramjet but hey it certainly isn't the first time a Bay-verse Transformer isn't colored like the original (Besides Prime, Bee, Hound, 1/3 Megatron and Brawl off the top of my head)

I always did have some Fan fic ideas that G1 Blitzwing was once a Seeker before being reformatted into a Triple changer.

Black Hat wrote:Blitzwing huh? Interesting. I assume the trailer footage was non-finalized animation (remember Sentinel Prime and his gold deco in the trailer for DOTM?). I assume he'll just be a jet, though if he triple changes that would be cool too.

Or he isn't colored like G1 Blitzwing like most of the Transformers in these films.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972832)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 20th, 2018 @ 8:25pm CDT
“Not Starscream, is actually Blitzwing”

Ummmmmm....... wat. I’m mildly upset right now.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972837)
Posted by Sunstar on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CDT
Now I am disgusted, and disappointed.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972843)
Posted by Va'al on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:39pm CDT
FOLKS FOLKS FOLKS

I am cautiously optimistic.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972846)
Posted by Sunstar on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:50pm CDT
Va'al wrote:FOLKS FOLKS FOLKS

I am cautiously optimistic.

how? I just had a fraggin crying jag over a stupid movie... How are you optimistic...please reinstall hope.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972848)
Posted by Va'al on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:01pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:
Va'al wrote:FOLKS FOLKS FOLKS

I am cautiously optimistic.

I'm sorry to hear that - did you see the trailer footage too?

What I saw and heard from the crew was that they care about the characters. A lot. Knight was really knowledgeable, the animation was clear about who was who, the characters are easy to identify and keep track of even in fight sequences, and Bumblebee is adorable in all his interactions.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972850)
Posted by Deadput on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:06pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that - did you see the trailer footage too?

I'm happy to hear this from you dude considering you don't exactly "love" the previous films.

You have got me pumped much more now! :D

(Then again I think it's going to take a lot for me to not enjoy something in the movie since I enjoy the movies for more then popcorn time passers)
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972851)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:14pm CDT
I’m not sure what the big deal is about it not being Starscream. Yes, he does look a lot like Starscream (at least the bit of him we’ve seen) but Knight explains it as an homage to the G1 Seekers, which Blitzwing’s look in G1 really isn’t that far off from. And honestly I’d be fine if he’s just a jet. I think it’s likely he’ll be a triple changer, but just the jet is fine. G1 is great and I like it, but I think things need to be shook up a little from time to time.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972852)
Posted by TulioDude on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:15pm CDT
This comic con must have been a lot of fun and cool to see live.

About the whole Blitzwing thing,yeah...I'm will wait until the movie itself.In the previous movies during production a lot of guys used different names before the final version of the film.

[spoiler]I still wish its Starscream though[/spoiler]

I will keep it cool,since the movie still a few months away.

Just wonder why they would do all of this? :-?
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972853)
Posted by Va'al on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:22pm CDT
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972856)
Posted by Deadput on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:36pm CDT
Va'al wrote:What does confuse me is the use of Starscream colours on a character that is not Starscream, but there was some good reasoning from the Hasbro brand team who were also present at the panel about why that may be. I dunno, we'll see.

Well because presumably that Paramount "wanted" to use G1 influence in their designs to bring people back to the films because of the financial bomb that was The Last Knight, but didn't want to actually commit to G1.

I don't think they care if the designs match with the character as long as their using the designs in the first place to use as nostalgia bait.

I'm pretty sure this is something Lorenzo pulled off since he hates the fans of the original cartoon. (Someone who went out of his way to attempt to sabotage Peter Cullen's audition for the 2007 film and prevented him from voicing Ironhide when he got the part of Optimus and with the general attitude he has towards these films can only be someone who hates the original stuff)

Hopefully Knight directed a great film regardless.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972862)
Posted by Va'al on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:19pm CDT
You got the live - excited - coverage of the panel itself in the story we posted earlier, and which you can see again here for detailed content of what was said during the talks - so now it's time to show you what happened in your own eyes!

There is obviously no footage of the new trailer clip shown during the panel, or the Travis Knight reel , but all the comments from the cast and crew - including director Travis Knight, actors Hailee Steinfeld, Jorge Lendeborg Jr, and John Cena, featuring cameos from Stan Bush and Peter Cullen, and all moderated by EW's Anthony Breznican. Take a look at the video embedded below, and stay tuned for more coverage as we upload more content to Seibertron.com.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972863)
Posted by Va'al on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:20pm CDT

There is obviously no footage of the new trailer clip shown during the pane, or the Travis Knight reel , but all the coments from the cast and crew - including director Travis Knight, Christina Hodson, actors Hailee Steinfeld, Jorge Lendeborg Jr, and John Cena, featuring cameos from Stan Bush and Peter Cullen, and all moderated by EW's Anthony Breznican. Take a look at the video embedded below, and stay tuned for more coverage as we upload more content to Seibertron.com.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972864)
Posted by Sunstar on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:31pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Sunstar wrote:
Va'al wrote:FOLKS FOLKS FOLKS

I am cautiously optimistic.

I'm sorry to hear that - did you see the trailer footage too?

Not interested in the trailers. I stopped going to the movies after starscream bit the big one before. So unless he is in it, I won't shell out the money for a one shot viewing. I'll eventually get the DVD. I actually don't like bumblebee. I prefer him if he can actually speak.

My problem with this bombshell is that I had been so so so very excited to see this movie. To be told hte character that Looks like a character I care a huge amount about isn't that character fills me with extreme disappointment. I don't care to see it now. I can be as stubborn as a mule as well, and I have been known to hold things with extreme disdain. (Bowring, I am looking at you hard for a 30+ year boycot(yeah something happened when I was a child there, I haven't forgotten or forgiven))

I do not handle disappointment well. I am gonna have to walk away from this thread until, they say otherwise. I should not be rehashing why I feel disappointed - because that feeling will not change.
Re: Transformers Bumblebee Exclusive Products: Jackets, Scooters, Books and More at #HasbroSDCC (1972878)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2018 @ 12:26am CDT
Suddenly, this toy just got a whole lot more surreal than it already was:

:P