Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead!

Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead!

Monday, August 9th, 2010 2:31am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News, Editorials
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 78,780

Very very dangerous amounts of lead!
Click here to read the article on the Orange County Register. We have a short excerpt for you:

Not that this candy looked that appetizing to begin with, but if you have "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" Crunchy Candies in your house, get rid of it.

The California Department of Public Health discovered that one lot of the candy had excessive levels of lead, which can be harmful to the brain development of children. Pregnant women (not the target demographic of the movie or the candy, surely) who have eaten the candy, or parents of children who have, should consult a physician immediately, CDPH said in a statement Friday.

So yes if you do have these, don't eat them or give them to anybody, especially not children and throw them away!

Credit(s): OCregister

Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1110662)
Posted by Screamfleet on August 9th, 2010 @ 2:45am CDT
I feel like an awful person...
The first thing that ran through my head was Spike saying "Oh S#$^ what are we going to do now?"

Which, not so bad, but the 2nd thing was "it must be a decepticon plot!"

And the 3rd was... "that's the way transformers like their candy, with extra lead!"

After all those, I finally thought, "This is no good."
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1110778)
Posted by Mechastrike on August 9th, 2010 @ 8:13am CDT
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1110803)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:13am CDT
First lead paint, now lead candy? Fortunately it was only one single lot.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1110811)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:37am CDT
Mechastrike wrote:please don't tell me this thing was made in china. no offense. i mean the last time i heard of tainted food were those milk products tainted w/ melamine.

Yes, made in China. Ding Ding...tell him what he's won, Bob...
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1110833)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 9th, 2010 @ 10:38am CDT
What ROTF candy!? I never heard of any ROTF candy! Damnit, I want some now! Oh, well. I bet it tasts like crap anyway.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1110913)
Posted by Liftgate on August 9th, 2010 @ 1:19pm CDT
This is why I always look to see where unfamiliar candy is made. It's smarter to be on the safe side and NEVER EAT MADE IN CHINA CANDY. :)
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111034)
Posted by agentk9 on August 9th, 2010 @ 7:10pm CDT
Screamfleet wrote:I feel like an awful person...

Which, not so bad, but the 2nd thing was "it must be a decepticon plot!"

After all those, I finally thought, "This is no good."

"I can't deal with that now!"
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111086)
Posted by Highbeam on August 9th, 2010 @ 8:59pm CDT
Are they frakking serious?? I ate half a bag of those last Halloween and my friend's kids had a bag too... Do they have a time frame when the tainted lot was produced or anything?? :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

EDIT: I just checked the extra bag I had and it's not the same product. It's a variety pack that had similar hard 'crunchy' candies (more like solidified pixi stick texture) and gummies and something equivalent to Starburst fruit chews but they were sold in mass at Walmarts last Halloween. The lead tainted product apparently was sold "exclusively to 99 Cent Only stores in California, Arizona, Nevada and Texas" according to http://www.cdph.ca.gov/Pages/NR10-054.aspx

Still makes me wonder if there was anything in the 'crunchy' candies in those bags though... Would there be a way to check on those too?
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111098)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:19pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:First lead paint, now lead candy? Fortunately it was only one single lot.

Wait, are you talking about Lead paint in Transformers toys? or what happened to other toys?

I don't think there's ever been a case of a Transformers toy actually having lead, misassembled sure, but not lead. Of course, I could be wrong, in which case I might have a deadly transformer in my room somewhere. :shock:

I always thought that the nature of concept and the fact that it is one of the strongest core brands for Hasbro/TakaraTomy prevented the toys from being made half assed.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111126)
Posted by agentk9 on August 9th, 2010 @ 10:46pm CDT
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:

Yea dude, back in the 80's the original TF toys had lead in them. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Astrotrain was singled out for it the most.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111165)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on August 10th, 2010 @ 1:32am CDT
agentk9 wrote:
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:

What?! No way... now I'm kind of glad I missed all those originals. Did that carry on to the post season 3 toys? Cause that's like the bulk of my original G1 collection.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111168)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 10th, 2010 @ 1:49am CDT
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:
agentk9 wrote:
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:

You'r safe as long as you don't eat or suck on them.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111169)
Posted by agentk9 on August 10th, 2010 @ 1:50am CDT
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:
agentk9 wrote:
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:

No, it was solved by then. We're talkin season one and two figures. ;)
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111258)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 10th, 2010 @ 7:39am CDT
I now have visions of Tf's being cast out of sugar after the wrong materials were sent down the wrong coveyor belt.

I think I need another cup of coffee.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111468)
Posted by Galvatron X on August 10th, 2010 @ 3:44pm CDT
Candy with some extra heavy metal...what's the problem? It IS Transformers candy, right? Add a little oil, and now you're talking!
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1111521)
Posted by Dagon on August 10th, 2010 @ 6:00pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:
agentk9 wrote:
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:

You'r safe as long as you don't eat or suck on them.

Don't put them in your mouth?? WTF?? There's no point in collecting the toys anymore then.
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1116918)
Posted by Nightscreech on August 24th, 2010 @ 3:44am CDT
i love that a transformers candy has too much lead... pure awesome
Re: Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of lead! (1117017)
Posted by Tristar on August 24th, 2010 @ 8:39am CDT
to much lead for humans but, not enough for robotic lifeforms! :twisted: here's the reverse. "Transformers candy has dangerous amounts of sugar" Sugar will cause your intakes to clog up.

sorry I couldn't help myself while I hope no one gets sick because of this I just found it funny a candy had to much lead. WHy does a candy have lead in it anyway is my question. Are they trying to market it to transformers? I did it again didn't I....Maybe it's because NESTS tore up Shanghai...

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow White Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots high tide lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Copter Crane Blades" on EBAY
Buy "New! Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE Transformers ReAction Series Action Figure" on EBAY