Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover

Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover

Friday, June 22nd, 2012 4:53pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,827

Amazon has revealed the cover for the Transformers Classics Volume 4 paperback. It's priced at $24.99 ($13.43 Amazon Price) and scheduled to release on November 26th. Description and cover featuring Starscream below.

Book Description
Publication Date: November 6, 2012 | Series: Transformers
The historic comic book roots of The Transformers are re-presented for maximum Cybertronian enjoyment. Collecting issues #39-50, rejoin The Autobots and The Decepticons as their war stretches across the cosmos. Freshly re-mastered and re-colored, these stories are accompanied by an in-depth introduction as well as select issue notes by Mark W. Bellomo.

Product Details
Paperback: 276 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (November 6, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613774974
ISBN-13: 978-1613774977

Credit(s): Amazon

Re: Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover (1392841)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 22nd, 2012 @ 7:06pm CDT
If you like the old Marvel's this is a must have. Looks good.
Re: Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover (1392858)
Posted by Heavy B on June 22nd, 2012 @ 7:45pm CDT
Not surprising. I bet I can guess that 5 and 6 are grimlock and soundwave respectivly
Re: Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover (1392890)
Posted by Short Circuit on June 22nd, 2012 @ 9:54pm CDT
I really like the Screamer art, it's almost an exact copy of the toys design. :D
Re: Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover (1392930)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 23rd, 2012 @ 12:14am CDT

On the other hand, I don't buy these for the covers. It's what's inside that counts. And this one contains the issues leading up to and consisting of the Underbase Saga.
Re: Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover (1393081)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 23rd, 2012 @ 11:43am CDT
I actually really like these covers and the simplistic approach to them. I really wish the interiors were more in line with the original inking and colors. It's my only complaint so far. With the new inking, the art can look muddled. I'm happy to be able to complete my G1 comic collection though. Most of these issues, I have never read before these trades. Fun stuff. The UK collections are really interesting too. Not because of the stories they collect but all the behind the scenes stuff in those books. Again, fun stuff.
:BOT:
Re: Transformers Classics Volume 4 Paperback Cover (1393748)
Posted by Bullycon on June 25th, 2012 @ 9:53am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Never liked that kibble-ridden Starscream art. As far as I can tell, I don't think he's ever appeared in any fiction with that much kibble hanging off if his body like that. And that nosecone head, ugh! :SICK: This is when toy accuracy gets way too ridiculous. :roll:

I love all his toy/character model mash-up covers. I think they are fun interpretations, and would like to see more. I wouldn't want to see the actual comic drawn in this fashion, but as one-time depictions, I think they are interesting.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl Nearly Complete 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Prowl! War for Cybertron Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Megatron" on EBAY