Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving!

Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving!

Sunday, October 5th, 2008 7:17pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 33,281

Many users are now reporting that - after a four year long wait - the highly-anticipated Transformers Club exclusive Seacon sets are finally arriving. The repainted G1 figures had originally been announced as a Wal-Mart exclusive for original Transformers Universe line in August 2004, during the Official Transformers Collectors' Club Convention, but the set had been shelved due to lack of retailer interest and its fate had been uncertain for years. Now, thanks to the persistance of the folks at Hasbro and the TFCC, the set has finally been made available to fans via the Club's online store.

Visit the Club's official site to order your own set, along with the other club-exclusive "Nightbeat", by clicking here.

And for galleries of the original Generation 1 Seacons, visit the Seibertron.com gallery here or see photos of the Beast Wars II Seacon repaints here.

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): Scantron, Neo-Con, Max-Prime

This article was last modified on Sunday, October 5th, 2008 7:23pm CDT

Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (804234)
Posted by Zeds on October 5th, 2008 @ 7:57pm CDT
Sweet. Can't wait for them to arrive even though I will have to pay 13% customs duties to get them!
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (804244)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 5th, 2008 @ 8:12pm CDT
Sweet. I pre-ordered a week and a half ago so i hope that i get them. To bad its a christmas present. but ive been waiting my hole life to get these guys so whats a few more months right?
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (804366)
Posted by capellamusic on October 5th, 2008 @ 9:28pm CDT
Since they have the molds I wonder if Takara Tomy would release these set in their G1 colors in the Encore series. BTW, any word on the next Encore release? Metroplex was already released and I haven't read anything about more figures announced...
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (804422)
Posted by El Duque on October 5th, 2008 @ 11:19pm CDT
I'm still a little confused. I ordered and the Seacons and Nightbeat, are only the Seacons shipping right now? I've seen no mention of Nightbeat. Do those of us who ordered both have to wait until both are in before the order is shipped. I know that TFCC took a poll to see if fans would rather pay for seperate shipping to get one or the other faster or wait till both were in a just pay for shipping once.
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (804449)
Posted by Bumblebeast on October 6th, 2008 @ 12:43am CDT
Many users are now reporting that - after a four year long wait

I don't want them anymore.
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (804452)
Posted by astrobard on October 6th, 2008 @ 12:54am CDT
piranacon!!!!!

i want! :(
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (806804)
Posted by Ninja Boy on October 8th, 2008 @ 9:53am CDT
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (806972)
Posted by capellamusic on October 8th, 2008 @ 1:32pm CDT
Ninja Boy wrote:I just got mine via FedEx today!!! The instructions leave something to be desired and there are no stickers??!!? And typical of TF toys, the instructions don't match the box art and some of the pictures on the box have the toys transformed incorrectly. A nice piece overall. Anyone else considering getting a set of stickers from reprolabels and putting on this club exclusive?

I definitely would, but I didn't buy and won't buy the set... only if they release it on the original colors (e.g. in the Encore line it would be cool).
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (806995)
Posted by -Genocide- on October 8th, 2008 @ 2:13pm CDT
I just got an email saying it was delivered. I have to wait till this weekend to go home and open it, along with my SDCC Nemisis Prime. I'm so excited!!
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (807337)
Posted by barricade2218 on October 8th, 2008 @ 7:23pm CDT
Got my set today, along with the Fed Ex e-mail that they were in shipment. Well worth the wait.
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (807349)
Posted by First-Aid on October 8th, 2008 @ 7:30pm CDT
Has anyone seen Skowl lately?

Anyone?

Thought so...he must've gotten his set. :lol: Got mine today...no e-mail notice or anything, just showed up and tripped me as I was taking the dogs out.
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (807849)
Posted by Firebird on October 9th, 2008 @ 11:13am CDT
I got them!

I was surprised by the box this morning after I got home from work. The Seacons are great worth every penny I spent (and it was a lot of penny's). Nightbeat is ok I guess, I wish he had a Bio card though.

Now if you guys will excuse me I'm gonna mess around with my shiny new Piranacon.
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (807882)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2008 @ 11:44am CDT
I just received my set of Seacons and Nightbeat. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow night for all of you. :)
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (808125)
Posted by Ninja Boy on October 9th, 2008 @ 3:22pm CDT
Think we can convince reprolables to make a sticker set for this color scheme? I was thinking same patterns but orange instead of the blue and the maroon/purple instead of the pink. Any other suggestions?
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (808296)
Posted by Bonger on October 9th, 2008 @ 6:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (808666)
Posted by Seibertron on October 9th, 2008 @ 10:56pm CDT
Bonger wrote:Got mine today! Nightbeat looks ok, but awesome packaging. The seacons look crazy good. Actually, better irl than online I think. Good stuff!!!

I was confused by the comic, mind you I didn't read it all, but why does Nightbeat have his antennaes until the last two pages? I can't believe they made this toy without the antennaes. I was hoping beyond hope that the final product would have the antennae but that didn't happen ... just further teased with the comic where he has the antennaes.
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (808814)
Posted by Bonger on October 10th, 2008 @ 5:53am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Heh, they probably meant to have antennas and figured it would cost too muc. I'm guessing they then told the illustrators to remove the antenna, so they drew no antenna, but forgot to go back and correct their previous work? Maybe?

Is it wrong to like the box more than the figure? :???:
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (808882)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 10th, 2008 @ 8:10am CDT
The "ears" were planned for the toy.

When test samples arrived at the factory, the test run did not transform because the "ears" got in the way. The factory removed them from the mold without FP's permission as their directive was to have these things ready for BotCon,..you know several months ago.

Failures in time-travel aside...FP decided to let it go and proceed with production. The comic is an attempt to justify the lack of "ears" from what I understand.
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (808976)
Posted by decepticonjon on October 10th, 2008 @ 9:29am CDT
i dunno about them new seacons. i just can't get into the colors.
g1>universe
Re: Transformers Club Exclusive Seacons Now Arriving! (809070)
Posted by decepticonjon on October 10th, 2008 @ 11:27am CDT
wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.. no antannae on nightbeat??
WTF?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #5 : ALL COVERS BUNDLE : A, B, C : NM" on EBAY