Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 6:47PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 43,368

For those following the news the past week or so, it was hinted that the next Transformers Collectors' Club Membership figure would be Dion. No, not Celine Dion, we're talking about a redo of Generation One Dion, who was the best friend of Orion Pax. The clock is reminded, as we get a figure of Dion when he was in the Elite Guard, which fits with the 2009 Botcon Exclusives.

Dion is a repaint of Universe Hot Shot, in a vibrant orange and blue colour scheme. Take a look at Dion below!

Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed
Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed

As announced in our Members Only section last week, our 2010 Free Membership figure is Dion...a new member of the Autobot Elite Guard! Be sure to click the thumbnail to the left to see a close up of our current mock-up of Dion! We will be announcing more details about Dion and his features later this month! Also, be sure to pick up Transformers Timelines Issue 4: Wings of Honor for a full character profile of Dion! Log in to the Members Only section for a sneak peak at the profile artwork!

The original link, for all to see, is here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com - The fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): TFCC
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024232)
Posted by Zeds on December 1st, 2009 @ 6:51pm CST
That is a blinding repaint. UGH! :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024234)
Posted by Dagon on December 1st, 2009 @ 6:57pm CST
Looks terrible.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024238)
Posted by Dagon on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:03pm CST
Do not want!
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024241)
Posted by tobuttica on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:19pm CST
That's too bad that this is the exclusive figure. The universe Hotshot mold is crap, so I'm guessing this pukey repaint is crap as well. Cybertron Hotshot is a great mold. They should have used that.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024242)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:22pm CST
Cool.

I like it.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024243)
Posted by DrWheeljack on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:24pm CST
I really dont mind it. Considering what they had to work with in terms of character designs on Dion, i certainly couldn't have done any better. And honestly, the Universe Hotshot mold does have a likeness to him. Yes a better mold and character could have been selected, but for what it is, its not too bad.

the neon is repulsive tho...
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024245)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:30pm CST
Pass. Don't want.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024248)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:40pm CST
I'm just not enthused by this repaint nor with his tie-in-ness to a BotCon set. Nice semi-obscure character choice mind you. I'm likely to let my membership lapse. It is expensive and I'd likely just wind up leaving Dion in storage or selling him or something.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024249)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:47pm CST
man i have not renewed my membership in sooooo long! #-o like a year or 8 months. #-o
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024250)
Posted by Delicon on December 1st, 2009 @ 7:53pm CST
I actually like this figure quite a bit, nice character choice and a much better Dion homage than the Wheelie repaint that came with Orion Pax.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024258)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 1st, 2009 @ 8:12pm CST
I'm warming up to it, I just wish it was the Henkei version. Dion needs some weaponry. Also, are we even going to get a Minicon?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024259)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 1st, 2009 @ 8:20pm CST
Where's my Jolt repaint as... any helicopter character... let's say Blazemaster, since that's a name they have in use.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024261)
Posted by Firebird on December 1st, 2009 @ 8:26pm CST
That sure is alot of paint apps for the free figure.

I like it, But I wish it was using the Henkei version so the guns were included.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024263)
Posted by Geekee1 on December 1st, 2009 @ 8:30pm CST
I'm actually a bit surprised at all the hate for this. I actually think it's quite a brilliant repaint. I like it a lot.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024266)
Posted by Convotron on December 1st, 2009 @ 8:41pm CST
Nice homage. :)
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024268)
Posted by Ungie on December 1st, 2009 @ 8:45pm CST
Wooooooow...
this is really bad.

eh dion needed an homage of some sort. dion wasnt really a sportscar from what i remembered, and the Cybertron HotShot wouldnt work. This needs to grow on me. The Universe Hot shot i know had breakable plastic windows and such
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024276)
Posted by Mechastrike on December 1st, 2009 @ 9:08pm CST
anybody want an improved version of Wheelie?
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024277)
Posted by Diem on December 1st, 2009 @ 9:21pm CST
The car mode design would look really nice.., in some other colours.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024286)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 1st, 2009 @ 9:57pm CST
Awesome. I love this figure from concept up. Dion? Awesome. Rebuilt Dion? Awesomer. Elite Guard rebuilt Dion? Awesomest. Elite Guard rebuilt Dion Hot Shot repaint? Man, I'd be willing to pay for that on top of my Club membership! He, Elita-1, and Alpha Trion are getting a special grouping in my collection.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club 2010 Member Figure - Dion Revealed (1024289)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 1st, 2009 @ 10:03pm CST
I like it! Looks better than I thought it would. I'll be happy when this hits the my mail box.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers TITANS RETURN BRAINSTORM MOSC SEALED HTF U.S. LOW S/H - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 59 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers G2 Parts 1993 PYRO SPARK VISOR cannon EUROPEAN - Time Remaining: 14 days 23 hours 5 minutes 57 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Deluxe Class SE-02 Megatron Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 16 minutes 58 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Wingspan & Cloudraker Clones 2-Pack MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 35 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Leader Class: Optimus Prime Action Figure Prime Unleashed - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 36 minutes 40 seconds
ARCEE TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH DELUXE CLASS NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 39 minutes 17 seconds
Hot Rod Targetmaster AFA 80 ERROR BOX MISB G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 40 minutes 31 seconds
Hot Rod Targetmaster AFA 80 HANDCUT SAMPLE BOX 1 of 1 MISB G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 40 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017