Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th

Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th

Thursday, March 17th, 2016 4:18am CDT

Category: Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,677

We've received another update from the folks over at FunPub, addressed to both the Transformers Collectors' Club and the G.I. Joe counterpart - read on below to find out what's what, as the deadline has been extended to tomorrow, Friday 18th March.

Reminder: Membership includes goodies, figures discounts - BotCon in particular, wink wink - and more!

Hello Members of both Clubs:

Please note that we are extending the final deadline for joining either Club until Friday March 18. This will be the last day you can join the Transformers Collectors' Club or the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. This will allow you to get convention discounts for BotCon, GIJoeCon, receive the 2016 FREE Membership Incentive figure(s) and/or purchase the FSS 5.0 figures. All memberships will end December 31, 2016.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing each and every one of our Club Members at the conventions.

Brian

Credit(s): FunPub

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779577)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 9th, 2016 @ 2:45pm CDT
Straight from Botcon we bring you the latest update on the TFSS 5.0 collection as well as the G.I. Joe crossover exclusives. The known 6 figures for next years TFSS 5.0 will be:

-Counterpunch (Punch is no more)
-Paradron Medic
-Scorponok Pre-Beast Wars with Fractyl
-Toxitron (new head) (Combined form is called "Wreckage")
-New pretender shell Grand Maximus Legends Megatron
-TrukkMunky

The 7th figure is being kept a secret.

We also have an image of the GI Joe crossover, which features a translucent Legends Megatron, meant to mimic the G2 comic where Cobra was rebuilding Megatron, as well as a redecoed Masterpiece Ratbat. The images have all been mirrored below for your enjoyment. Check them out and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all you latest Transformers News and Galleries.

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779581)
Posted by galvatron00 on April 9th, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
I'm all for that GI Joe set!!
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779583)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 9th, 2016 @ 3:00pm CDT
Seeing that there is a Pretender Megatron to go with Optimus, I now want both. :lol:

Masterpiece Ratbat? That's surprising.

Fractyl and Scorponok, eh. Sounds like something Sabrblade would be into.

Toxitron is awesome, surprised they're not using the Optimus version of the mold.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779589)
Posted by RevTibe on April 9th, 2016 @ 3:29pm CDT
Generally good stuff, giving Pretender Optimus an arch-nemesis is a nice touch. The head retool on Toxitron seems like a bit of a waste though, especially considering that there are already two Optimus Prime molds for the Optimus/Motormaster body. (Is it still possible to mix-and-match between retools? Last I recall that happening was a helicopter exclusive, relatively recent.)
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779592)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 9th, 2016 @ 3:50pm CDT
That is freakin' awesome to hear about Toxitron. I had mentioned a while back why HasTak hadn't considered this mold for him. Not that they heard me :-P but good things come for those that wait...epic! :KREMZEEK: :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779599)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:11pm CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779603)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:So I think it's safe to assume that 4.p and 5.0's 7th figures will be combiner wars decepticons so they can finish this combiner.

If this is the case, he'd still need two more limbs. I guess you might could slap Offroad on there, but then you'd take away from either Menasor or Galvatronus (depending on if you've got Wildrider or not and are a stickler for team cohesion).
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779619)
Posted by Grahf_ on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:32pm CDT

Well if you count Terrorsaur then only one more would be needed. Isn't the seventh figure for 4.0 heavily rumored to be a CW Decepticon? I would imagine the 5.0 seventh figure would be Punch but that may just be too easy. Then again, Eject and Rewind. I'm more confused about the wasted potential of a fully complete combiner with Scorponok being made from Scamper and not Blackjack. Sure, there's Runabout and Runamuck but one should go to Grand Scourge and the other isn't out yet and will be fairly limited and expensive.

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779622)
Posted by RevTibe on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:36pm CDT
Scorponok seems kinda odd - when I see a blue + bronzey orange little guy paired with Fractyl, my first thought is Packrat. Without a Scorponok paintjob or head, there isn't much tying this car guy to Scorps.

Edit:
Alpha Weltall wrote:It's also pretty cool that they're reusing that Oilmaster Pretender shell and making another shell for Megatron but I'm not into those. I see them as wasted potential that could've gone to another larger figure or more extra smaller figures or weapons. They have to cater to all types though, or at least try, so it's ok though as I'll still get them and keep them.
FunPub creating a last minute Pretender shell surprised me too, but it turns out it's a redeco of an existing Pretender - Grand Maximus's toy featured a Pretender shell for his Cerebro;
Double Headmaster Pretender Cityformer, yes.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779628)
Posted by Railbomb on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:45pm CDT
That's pretty neat that Megatron's partner is Astrotrain! I think Cobra Commander or Donny Finkleberg might have been a better choice but its neat none the less.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779630)
Posted by Grahf_ on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:50pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:
Double Headmaster Pretender Cityformer, yes.

Thanks for the info but I knew that already as I recognized it (I never said it was a NEW shell) and it's already in the description described by D-Maximus as well. It's still kind of a waste either way though.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779638)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:57pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

The other two would be the two in this set.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779644)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 9th, 2016 @ 5:17pm CDT
Kinda pissed that the domestic release of MP Ratbat is for a club exclusive. Anybody else notice Cobra Commander is coming with the Megatron gun again?

I'm calling it now the 7th figure in FSS 5.0 will either be CW Mirage as Crasher/Fracture or CW Groove as Wreck Gar
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779709)
Posted by Zeedust on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:35pm CDT
I want that FSS (except for the Paradron medic), but I'm not sure I can drop that kind of money on it again.

Counterpunch losing Punch doesn't bother me because it's not a sudden development; the possibility has been hinted at since his Universe profile.

Toxitron looks badass, and the Pretender leaders are are both cool ideas, although Optimus turned out better.

I'm guessing the 4.0 7th figure is Quake from CW Brawl. Their heads look similar enough, they have the same alt mode, Brawl's tank cannon can be used as a handheld weapon just like Quake's could, and it's confirmed to be a CW Deluxe. Quake's original toy was released alongside those of Needlenose and Spinister, so he'd fit in with the team even if he's not technically a member.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779715)
Posted by Shegotron on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:53pm CDT
The G.I. Joe figures intrigue me and frustrate me at the same time.

Ninja Force Scarlett - The original was a hideous piece of junk with badly-malformed legs to accommodate her kicking action feature. I had her back in the day. I really wish Hasbro would've had NF Scarlett in their retail releases at some point (back before the current iteration of the retail line died).

Cobra Commander - Oh, wow, another reuse of the Crimson Guard torso, though this time it looks like they're mixing in the upper legs of the original 25th Anniversary Cobra Commander. It would be nice if Hasbro could actually do a new torso to represent CC's dress uniform, like they did back in the 90s.

Dr. Biggles-Jones - I have no issues here.

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779717)
Posted by RevTibe on April 9th, 2016 @ 9:00pm CDT
Shegotron wrote:As to the Transformers stuff... I have concerns about that MP Ratbat deco. Guessing it's supposed to be a Generation 2 theme, but that doesn't make much sense because Ratbat was one of the few characters killed in the G1 comic who stayed dead in G2.
I thinnnnk the blue instead of black's just a tribute to how he looked in the Marvel comics thanks to how they inked things (there was an MP Grimlock release with a similar visual tribute).

Not sure if he's really there to be a G2 tribute - I think it's just to give club members the chance to land a Masterpiece Ratbat without buying the Soundblaster set.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779724)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 9th, 2016 @ 9:30pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:Not thrilled about Fractyl losing the HFG (or that Terrorsaur lost his) but it still looks nice. Scorponok doesn't appeal to me as much.

Neither one of those guys lost their HFG they're just not pictured with them. And I think the two secret figures will be quake from brawl like you said and crankcase from first aid.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779739)
Posted by Shegotron on April 9th, 2016 @ 10:27pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:

If it looked the same as the blue on Cobra Commander, I'd buy it, but it looks pastel in that shot. Yes, I know it's a pretty iffy photo of a projected Powerpoint image, so it's not exactly 100% clear, but until we get that clear image of it, I'm going to remain skeptical. Plus, the storyline in question was the lead-in to G2, and as I said before, Ratbat wasn't in it, so it still baffles me why he's included in this particular group shot if he doesn't have anything to do with G2.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779742)
Posted by ausbot on April 9th, 2016 @ 10:32pm CDT
My question is why the grand max shell, is there a reissue coming or is sdcc maximums coming with a shell.
Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Deadline Moved to March 18th (1779748)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 9th, 2016 @ 10:48pm CDT
* Masterpiece Ratbat is surely a nice surprise. Shame that's as far as the Club will go with MP releases, seeing as, y'know, FunPub's not going to have the license anymore. :(

* Now that I see there's going to be a Pretender Megatron, I suddenly want Pretender Optimus even more. That thing looks really awesome!

* Not into Lifeline. Not that I don't like her, it just doesn't pander to me, personally.

* Toxitron looks badass! Though why bother making a brand new head when you can just use the already-existing head mold?

* Punch seems pointless without Counterpunch... why couldn't it had been Slicer/Shattered Glass Wheeljack?

* Don't care about Fractyl. I'm not far enough into the BotCon legends to get into him.

* Pre-BW Scorponok from Scamper seems like an odd decision... would've preferred something like Waspinator from Viper or something.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK Hasbro Warrior Class Combiner Force NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stormshot Jet Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Jet" on EBAY
Buy "STRONGARM Transformers - Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY