Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 11:38am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Collectables, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 33,196

The official Transformers Collectors Club (short TFCC) has updated it's site with the cover for issue 28 of their bimonthly club exclusive magazine.
This cover gives us a first look at the upcoming club exclusive figure Punch/Counterpunch which is based off the famous and fan favourite Universe:Classics Series Sunstreeker/Sideswipe.
Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch/Counterpunch exclusive!

This magazine features a comic and is only available for TFCC members.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, TFCC

Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964169)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 29th, 2009 @ 11:45am CDT
Cool-maybe it's time to join.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964171)
Posted by First Gen on July 29th, 2009 @ 11:47am CDT
=P~
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964176)
Posted by Seibertron on July 29th, 2009 @ 11:55am CDT
i so can't wait for this figure. awesome! awesome! awesome!

Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964178)
Posted by SilenceDoGood on July 29th, 2009 @ 11:59am CDT
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964179)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 29th, 2009 @ 12:00pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:The TFCC exclusive figure Punch/Counterpunch will be available for purchase of the club's online store next year. Looking back at previous TFCC exclusives of the Deluxe Class size it will cost around the $80 US mark with a $40 US discount for club-members.

I know it's a Club Exclusive, but that's a lot of money to pay for a $15 figure.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964187)
Posted by --B-- on July 29th, 2009 @ 12:18pm CDT
Well, that cements the fact that I am joining that club!

Is there a difference in the meberships 3rd (40 bucks) or 1st (62 bucks) class besides when you get your master collector?

*waits for CP's take on this new development*
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964196)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 29th, 2009 @ 12:24pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Here's hoping they don't screw up the head sculpt like they did with Club exclusive Astrotrain.

Did you perhaps mean Nightbeat? Because I'm not sure what's wrong with the Club Astrotrain...

--B-- wrote:Well, that cements the fact that I am joining that club!

*waits for CP's take on this new development*

I'm going to be an exclusive and I'm going to sell-out.

Art, imitating life.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964203)
Posted by --B-- on July 29th, 2009 @ 12:34pm CDT
Thank goodness. For the briefest of moments I imagined an

OMG THATS SO AWESOME tons of emoticons following post

But then I remembered who I was thinking of.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964206)
Posted by zombiebucket on July 29th, 2009 @ 12:37pm CDT
well, if it's anything like jin's ( http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotom ... punch.html )
then this should be cool.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964213)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 29th, 2009 @ 12:46pm CDT
SilenceDoGood wrote:So, based on the art it looks like it could be a redeco of Universe Sideswipe and Sunstreaker with a new headmold

What did I post in the article?
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964218)
Posted by soundwave13c on July 29th, 2009 @ 12:51pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

I agree, I guess it really depends on the quality of the paint apps :-?

i think it is an awesome idea though, I never bought a tfcc exclusive =P~
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964228)
Posted by Kevinisprimal on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:04pm CDT
For some strange reason, this is exactly how I predicted the toy would actually BE. I've seen this type of work done before in the customs section, but still, this is slightly more impressive then even Jin Saotome's version. Why? Because it's more G1 acurate. :SMUG:
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964237)
Posted by joevill on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:17pm CDT
soundwave13c wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

I agree, I guess it really depends on the quality of the paint apps :-?

i think it is an awesome idea though, I never bought a tfcc exclusive =P~

:-x Did Nightbeat cost this much when it first came out?
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964239)
Posted by City Commander on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:21pm CDT
Who DIDN'T see this coming from a mile away?

I want this figure. And I also want Nightbeat.

Club members feel free to PM me, and we'll talk. I'd love to own both, but joining to club has no merit for UK residents, so hook a brah up yo! ;)

They'll look spiffy alongside my universe season 3 figures.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964241)
Posted by allspark99 on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:25pm CDT
I knew that they were going to use the sunstreaker/sideswipe mold for this. I knew from seeing many costoms of the mold to be this character on ebay.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964244)
Posted by Seibertron on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:27pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

You're kidding, right?

That could possibly be one of the worst Transformers head sculpts ever. Look how fugly his face is! What's with the eyes? What about his weird mouth/lips? Yikes. I'd definitely put it toward the bottom of the list. No wonder why the club can't give that figure away.

I thought about adding Nightbeat and Kup to the list, but didn't want to turn this into a debate about what was a good head sculpt. I thought Astrotrain's head was widely considered one of the worst head sculpts ever. The face sculpt of Nightbeat is fine ... it's just that he's missing his antennae which I customized by drilling some holes and using a pair of Wild Bill's guns. Problem solved and still transforms.

The original and Classics Astrotrain had excellent head sculpts, in my opinion. The club exclusive was not.

Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964247)
Posted by Convotron on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CDT
Looks like I'll be joining the club to get this figure! :)
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964252)
Posted by City Commander on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:40pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

You're kidding, right?

It's a massive shame since the rest of the figure is pure love. But I find the eyes are a tad too bloated to be acceptable, and yes thinking about it the mouth is a little off. Not too bad, but definetly not the prettiest.

There's nothing wrong with Nightbeat though. Sure, he's missing the antenna, but like you said, nothing that can't be fixed with some basic kitbashing skils.
Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964261)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:48pm CDT
joevill wrote:
soundwave13c wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

I agree, I guess it really depends on the quality of the paint apps :-?

i think it is an awesome idea though, I never bought a tfcc exclusive =P~

:-x Did Nightbeat cost this much when it first came out?

Re: Transformers Collectors Club issue 28 cover: first look at Punch / Counterpunch exclusive! (964266)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 29th, 2009 @ 1:56pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:You're kidding, right?

Nope, I wasn't kidding at all.

Astrotrain is pretty much a non-character to me. He's there, but he's not someone with a distincitve look. He's got a helmet head and a bit of a mohawk. He's too generic in his head look for me to require any specific detailing on it other than helmet, cheek guards, and stern/blank expression. I guess I'm a 'can't see the trees because of the forrest' type person.

I don't remember anyone specifically disliking him due to the headsculpt. I actually remember most people being quite happy about it because the other option was the Jetfire turned Spacewave head in purple. I always thought the turn off in the sales for the toy was the price tag at a minimum of 3.5x the retail cost for an Armada mold.

Actually, when he was released, I remember him being about $120 and as such, nearly 5x retail.

The prices include a Mini-Con set, but that gets largely forgotten.

(plus, they over-produced him big time...)

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY