Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases

Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases

Wednesday, January 26th, 2011 11:02am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 43,245

The Transformers Collector's Club has announced that issue 37 has begun shipping last week. The issue contains the new club storyline "Battlelines", continuing "The Coming Storm" story arc along with several other features. Finally, according to the magazine, we will be seeing a clear hint to the 2011 Theme:

Finally, Brian's Bytes and Bolts gives a pretty clear hint as to the theme for BotCon 2011's convention set. The first toy reveal will follow VERY soon as well!

This reveal is being teased at further by BotCon's Twitter feed:

BotCon wrote:BotCon 2011 convention set theme reveal is almost here. Big hint in issue 37 of the Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine.

BotCon wrote:Just realized SO many stories and/or TF continuities (as a whole) were told in installments/seasons of 3... Well, get ready for Season 3.5!

BotCon wrote:...Hint as to where the story will take place, but the theme within the story, the set make up, soon.

BotCon wrote:same old same old... Just throwin semi-vague hints out there. People seem to want Animated. Maybe we should do a toy or two.

BotCon wrote:Maybe... If we do one it needs to be Scrounge just to watch a certain fan site implode...

BotCon wrote:Shattered Glass anything would be cool...

Keep your browser and feed reader pointed at Seibertron.com for all the latest BotCon 2011 coverage!

Credit(s): Transformers Collector's Club

Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173897)
Posted by #Sideways# on January 26th, 2011 @ 11:20am CST
//Yay! First post! :lol:

Is it me, or is the Windcharger on the cover RTS Windcharger? Or is it Alternators?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173899)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 26th, 2011 @ 11:34am CST
It's RTS.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173903)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 26th, 2011 @ 11:38am CST
And so it begins...

The Transformers Collector's Club has officially unveiled the BotCon 2011 logo via Facebook and Twitter.

We will keep you posted of ongoing BotCon 2011 developments as they occur.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173909)
Posted by --B-- on January 26th, 2011 @ 11:57am CST
Guess I need to re-up. My membership expired on the 5th.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173914)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 26th, 2011 @ 12:08pm CST

I just hope the last tweet doesn't imply they're opening the floodgates to Animated Shattered Glass, since there were too many toyless characters in the real Animated universe to tackle before they start makin' slag up.

And if they're serious about Scrounge...a yellow Legends Cosmos with his tailfin cut off, and a new head?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173917)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 26th, 2011 @ 12:15pm CST
I may skip out if it's a set of Animated toys. I really love hanging out with everyone at the convention, but the trip out to Cali is expensive and eh...we'll see.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173930)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 26th, 2011 @ 12:38pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:At the risk of a repeat of fan outrage over BotCon finishing off the Classics seekers, I really hope that Animated hint implies the set will include full-size Animated Thundercracker, Ramjet, and Slipstream. A true Wasp would be nice too. Aw hell, they could do a box set of all the human villians and I'd be ecstatic; I really hated seeing Animated go.

Holy Sh**. That would be a perfect Scrounge.

As for the Animated Toys, if they do a Slipstream I hope there's some real remolding on her, not just a Starscream with a different head. If they can't remold her then I think an Activator Starcsream mold would work better since it has those wider hips. Not to be sexist,but I like girls with some curves on them.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173933)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 26th, 2011 @ 12:46pm CST
How about the set includes Hydrodive Bumblebee, jet-pack Optimus, and Blackout?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173948)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 26th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:How about the set includes Hydrodive Bumblebee, jet-pack Optimus, and Blackout?

That would be very superfluous for me.

:-(
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173953)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 26th, 2011 @ 1:12pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

That would be very superfluous for me.

:-(

It would be like '07 all over again. Is it wrong that the thought makes me smile.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173956)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 26th, 2011 @ 1:27pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

That would be very superfluous for me.

:-(

I think it'd be a waste of a good BotCon set (no offense to your idea). I want something distinctive from the box set (G2 Redux was perfect!) and three figures I already own, but this time two aren't shiny, wouldn't do it for me.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173967)
Posted by WingDagger on January 26th, 2011 @ 1:46pm CST
Shattered Glass... Animated!

Pleasenowthanks!

Bludgeon-inspired repaint of Samurai Prowl? SG-colours Rodimus Minor? Palette swaps for Arcee and Blackarachnia?

C'mon, you know it all makes sense!

On a side-note, my fiance is currently crying in the corner as she LOVES Animated, and she LOVES Disney Land!
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173975)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 26th, 2011 @ 2:18pm CST
WingDagger wrote:Shattered Glass... Animated!

Pleasenowthanks!

C'mon, you know it all makes sense!

How about an Animated Jazz as Nightbeat?
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173983)
Posted by LiKwid on January 26th, 2011 @ 2:51pm CST
I hate to say it but if the theme and box set are animated in style im gonna have to pass this year..I disliked the animated style alot and I don't think I could shell out $350 for a box set of figures I have no intrest in at all.. #-o
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1173990)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on January 26th, 2011 @ 3:05pm CST
The latest tweet seems to direct the story back to the ooooooold 3-D comic series. A three-part story that appeared to take place in cartoon continuity, after Rebirth, was panning out to be a rather interesting tale... until it ended after the first issue. Could they be following up on the original G1 cartoon, treating the story from that magazine as a continuation of the fourth season (started by Rebirth)? Might we see Lord Imperious Delirious (love that name) and the Destructons?

Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1174004)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 26th, 2011 @ 3:55pm CST
I just had Angie Morris re-send issue #36 of my TFCC magazine a second time yesterday.

Apparently someone is stealing my mail. So I called my post office and they have a watch out for it... :-(
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1174089)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:39pm CST
BotCon 2011 will feature Transformers Animated...

This was the most recent post from BotCon 2011's Twitter feed. No word yet if that means the set will feature Animated molds or Animated characters, but we'll keep you posted as more information develops.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1174098)
Posted by Ungie on January 26th, 2011 @ 7:49pm CST
Well thats a good $400+ dollars well saved for the Iacon package plus the free figure and add on sets. BRING ON 2012! :lol:
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1174109)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:04pm CST
I know I said I'd rather have toys of unproduced characters than forging a whole new Shattered-Glass Animated universe...but there is one pair of Animated 'Bots that are just begging for Decepticon repaints:

Jetfire and Jetstorm into Darkwing and Dreadwind.

They combine into a larger jet, the G1 idea of Dreadwing would finally have a gestalt robot mode, and they wouldn't even need new heads: Jetstorm looks like Animated Darkwing with his visor, and Jetfire's goggle thing corresponds roughly to Dreadwind's little maroon helmet.

And then we could mix and match with the originals to create Dreadfire and Darkstorm!
Re: Transformers Collector's Club Issue #37 and BotCon 2011 Theme Teases (1174111)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 26th, 2011 @ 8:07pm CST
*reads*

......YOU S.O.B.S

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY