Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine #30 Cover
Wednesday, November 25th, 2009 3:01pm CSTCategories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Blurrz Views: 32,245
Hitting mailboxes this week is Issue 30 of the Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine. This issue will wrap up 2009 and the TCC's 5th year as well.
You can check out the cover below, which is done by Robby Musso and Thomas Deer.
Keep it tuned to Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club
Most Popular Transformers News
Studio Series Bumblebee Movie News with In Hand Images of SS Brawn, Ratchet and Newly Revealed Arcee24,986 views
Most Recent Transformers News
Rereleases of Cliffjumper and Kup with new Paint Apps Coming to the Buzzworthy Bumblebee LinePosted 2 days ago
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 25th, 2009 @ 4:05pm CST
Posted by Editor on November 25th, 2009 @ 4:18pm CST
Posted by _shaddow_ on November 25th, 2009 @ 4:22pm CST
Posted by Editor on November 25th, 2009 @ 4:28pm CST
_shaddow_ wrote:I know this is a little off topic, but i wanted to know something about the TFCC : Will Punch/Counterpunch be the new free figure of TFCC 2010 ? Feel free to delete my post if it's really that off-topic.
In a word no. The club was told today what the figure is, the official announcement is next week.
Posted by _shaddow_ on November 25th, 2009 @ 4:39pm CST
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2009 @ 6:38pm CST
I think that may actually be two faces split down the middle. The left half (our/the users' left) is Shattered Glass Optimus Prime, while the right half (again our/the users' right) might be Universe Nemesis Prime (this one's just my guess, though)._shaddow_ wrote:I'm a bit disapointed... I like the hot shot character and bought the universe mold but it was pretty... well, bad. I'll buy the figure separetly, then. Thanks.
Posted by Dagon on November 25th, 2009 @ 8:15pm CST
Posted by Down_Shift on November 26th, 2009 @ 8:04am CST
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2009 @ 9:35am CST
It's gotta be the hands. Those darn hands!Down_Shift wrote:It's too bad Nexus Prime doesn't look that good as a toy.
Posted by Flashwave on November 26th, 2009 @ 10:57am CST
Sabrblade wrote:It's gotta be the hands. Those darn hands!Down_Shift wrote:It's too bad Nexus Prime doesn't look that good as a toy.
Well yeah, and that Breakaway's cockpit doesn't fill the gap in the forarms like the illustration. I've tried, believe me.
Posted by Nightwalker on November 26th, 2009 @ 3:18pm CST
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2009 @ 4:26pm CST
Do you not know who Nexus Prime is?Nightwalker wrote:I see a helicopter, a truck, a plane.... to me it looks like Bruticus.
Posted by Down_Shift on November 26th, 2009 @ 11:49pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Do you not know who Nexus Prime is?Nightwalker wrote:I see a helicopter, a truck, a plane.... to me it looks like Bruticus.
If you're going to google image Nexus Prime, that's cool but for the love of Pete don't google image the original poor choice Nexus Maximus. Well not with kids or teachers around anyway... How they missed that in the first place just blows my mind
As for the figure, it's not so much the hands as it is the arms and torso. Landquake and Breakaway don't look that sleek and powerful in limb mode and Heatwaves body is too different from the rest. Not enough translucent plastic. The main component sticks out like a very sore red and blue thumb.
Posted by Random on December 2nd, 2009 @ 7:17pm CST
I'm guessing I'd have to get the back issues of the mag to get this guys story, eh?
Posted by Editor on December 3rd, 2009 @ 12:46pm CST
Random wrote:Cripes! Now this figure has gotten my interest. The thought of a combiner being a Prime is kinda neat. Energon Prime aside, being that he was Prime with/without the others.
I'm guessing I'd have to get the back issues of the mag to get this guys story, eh?
If you can, I think some of the earlier ones may be sold out by now. That said seeing that the storyline is concluded, and the new figure is for a different story/continuity? I expect they will roll a trade paperback in the near future, seeing they have released their convention comics so far.
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 3rd, 2009 @ 5:05pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:I think that may actually be two faces split down the middle. The left half (our/the users' left) is Shattered Glass Optimus Prime, while the right half (again our/the users' right) might be Universe Nemesis Prime (this one's just my guess, though)._shaddow_ wrote:I'm a bit disapointed... I like the hot shot character and bought the universe mold but it was pretty... well, bad. I'll buy the figure separetly, then. Thanks.
The two differently colored eyes (red on the left, purplish on the right) give it a way. I think you're right about SG Prime on the left, and that horn looks like a Big Convoy/U Nemesis Prime.
Posted by Scaleface on December 17th, 2009 @ 8:19am CST
TFCC Magazine issue 30 – December 2009
Cover – Art of Nexus Maximus/Prime with various Optimus Primes in the background. Art by Robby Musso, according to explanation these are all the Primes Nexus Prime’s components met on their journey. (I suppose Landquake or Skyfall once met Cybertron Optimus Prime off camera or before the story?)
2 – Announcement of MCAX.com web site by Brian. Announcement of Classicverse story “At Fight’s End” by Pete. This will be a text story following the 3 page comic in this issue.
3. Animated Tech Specs for Cliffjumper (Too impatient for espionage, has enhanced jumping ability, a super fast filing clerk) and Cosmos (turns into a mobile observatory. Article starts called “Old Favorites Animated once again…” by Greg Sepalak. Talks about the various cameos of Autobots and Maximals on Animated Cybertron – like the various cyber ninja busts and the Autobots in the crowd scenes. Illustrations of Rattletrap and Flareup.
4. Start of 3 page “At Fight’s End” lead up comic. Megatron and Ratchet talk about Transformers and talk about war. In panels we see Classic Optimus Prime, Jetfire, Sunstreaker and Ironhide protect 3 humans from an attack by Dirge Ramjet and Thrust in an earth city. Next panel is the office of with the sign “Nightbeat and Associates: See Slag for Appointment” We see Nightbeat, Siren, Sludge and Slag in the office. Next panel seems to be on a generic off planet place where we see Springer, Elita One and Action Master Snarl(?) surrounded by Universe Drag Strip, Overkill and Acidstorm.
5. Megatron brags that he has the humans giving him energy, working secretly in the background for his goals, while giving the appearance of fighting for scraps of energy is just a front. The whole crazy fighter making raids thing is a cover for his real plans.
6. We see Ratchet, who is wondering why Megatron keeps him around. Megatron call him a friend (which Ratchet hates). Ratchet insists Optimus Prime will stop him.
7. Announcement of Dion, seen in car mode as a toy, and robot mode as art. Continuation of the article from page 3 with illustrations of Sky Garry, Tap Out and Powerglide.
8. Profile of Nexus Maximus/Prime (spelled Maximus on title, but Prime in body text, I’m told Maximus is a mistake they forgot to fix!) He’s officially listed as an Autobot. Seems he was charged with hiding the 5 pieces of Prima’s sword Star Saber (a super powerful one that destroys stars) after a great betrayal. He used the blade to cut himself into 5 pieces, and each took a piece of the blade and hid it. All pieces are now lost and his memories are shoddy on where they hit it. Now he’s looking for the pieces. He still has to reconcile the memories. He has no alt mode any more as a single unit from being cut in five.
9. Profile of Shattered Glass Galvatron. Redeco of Cybertron Evac toy in G1 Purple Galvatron colors. Reformatted with the power of the 13, He’s the opposite of G1 Galvatron, a super defender, and the ultimate expression of Megatron’s heroism. Has a whip, blades and can use Rumbler tank as a weapon. Sometimes hesitates in battle because of his former betrayals.
10. Reunification Part 6. Abominus and several small unnamed Decepticons are fighting Omega Doom (who mentions he hasn’t felt the heat of battle on his armor – did Optimus really MAKE him, or REBUILD him?) Goes to deliver a massive blow to Abominus with a face cannon, and it is blocked by Nexus Prime’s powers. Omega Doom turns to see Galvatron and Nexus Prime standing there.
11. Omega Doom seems to want Nexus Prime to stay away, so he fires a missile (his drill fist) into the sky, saying even if Nexus Prime stops him, the world will die. NP takes off after the missile.
12. Omega Doom brags that his missile will destroy this solar system (wow!) Galvatron challenges him. In space NP worries that the missile is a “star killer”. Parts of him want to stay and fight OD (Galvatron isn’t powerful enough), other want to save the sun. He chooses to save the sun.
13. NP is too slow, the missile arrives at the sun and it starts to explode. Galvatron and some generic Decepticons (Firecons? Breast Force?) keep fighting OD. NP uses his energy manipulating powers to contain the sun’s explosion and fix it.
14. Only Galvatron is left standing against OD when suddenly NP rockets back to Cybertron and kicks his behind. NP says “You shouldn’t be surprised. This is what I do.”
15. Back at Decepticon headquarters SG Mixmaster and Scavenger (Protectobot colors) fix Galvatron. We also see Starscream, Cutthroat and Cliffjumper in the room too. Cliffjumper decided to stay on SG Cybertron and says goodbye to Skyfall and Landquake. NP uses Alpha Trion’s Stellar Spanner to leave this universe looking for something (the Star Saber?) He takes Aquarius with him. They also mention Alpha Trion survived and they are going to destroy the Spanner after it’s used.
16. Around Cybertron where Rook is back in charge at the desk, and talks to Andromeda in the field, as well as Punch about some Decepticon trouble. Punch announces on air that he was made a better offer from the Cons and turns into Counterpunch. His new friend is Dezarus’s wife (in red) and they work for Monstructor. He also mentions not working for Countdown any more. Rob’s hot pick is Universe Ultra Skyfall. Gives it good marks for the deco and homage, although complains about the lack of G2 symbol. Doesn’t mention the name Skyjack. Mini-Mayhem is Robot Heroes Galvatron and Predaking (who has the powers of 5 beasts), who end up being countered by 5 Battle Beasts.