Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold

Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold

Thursday, January 29th, 2015 11:20am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 34,829

Sad news for Collectors' Club members who are fans of the old Classics Seeker mold. Courtesy of the Transformers Collector's Club Twitter page, we have news that after the shipping of Generation 2 Starscream and Nacelle that the Club plans to retire the mold. Unfortunate news, as we have yet to see characters like Redwing be realized.

Does this news sadden you? Does it bring relief? Speak your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold

Credit(s): Twitter

This article was last modified on Thursday, January 29th, 2015 11:22am CST

Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644397)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:30am CST
thank god.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644399)
Posted by william-james88 on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:32am CST
Rated X wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:It looks like Starscream's colors have been switched. That's terrible.
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Awesome ! She looks good. Im more excited about the club figures than I am about the oversized Devastator.
"She"? This is a dude.

Seriously?

Dont read comics so I dont know the fiction. But any name with "elle" at the end is traditionally a female name. I would question the writer of the fiction WTF they were thinking.

I said this once before: Nacelle, like Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet, is a real word used in aviation, in this case it's a housing separate from the main body or fuselage.

I didnt know that. But to someone not verse in aviation terms its more likely to come off as being a female name. Out of all the names of parts that could have been used, it was a silly choice. Michelle, Rochelle, Jizelle, etc. I dont know if its the same comic writer, but they should have made slipstream the male (brother to bitstream) and nacelle the female seeker. It just would have worked better in the norms of human culture. Just my opinion.

Nope. In the norms of English speaking culture maybe, but not human culture. Michel is a very polular guy's name in French and Andrea is a very popular guy's name in Italian. And as far as I can tell, Transformers are for a global audience.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644403)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:36am CST
That's actually kinda sad to me. I AM glad to know this info, though. It will give me the green light to do my own custom of Red Wing and SG Dirge, since I know the club won't/can't release them. Bummer.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644406)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:37am CST
That's one of those molds that I want to hate but can't help loving, and yet part of me hates the crap out of it. On one hand, it's a great update to the original Seeker, but on the other, it's poseability is lacking for a character as impotant as Starscream. While I love having SS, SW, and TC, I was certainly ready for the new Armada Starscream to take over on my shelf.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644407)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:39am CST
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644409)
Posted by leokearon on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:42am CST
They'll probably just use the Fall of Cybertron/Armada Deluxe moulds or to wave costs the Legends mould instead
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644412)
Posted by Rated X on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:50am CST
That sucks. Can they at least give us Redwing first ? Its dumb decisions like this that were the foundation of CHMS in the first place. Maybe they will get enough fan uproar at botcon to reconsider. They bluffed in the past about not ever using unicron trilogy molds again. Besides the FOC seeker mold sucks. I actually prefer the IT tetra jet mold over the FOC mold even if the head sucks.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644413)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:54am CST
I'm so over the 2006 seeker mold.

I feel trapped by it. I have a full squad of them, but they really are dated. I detest the idea of starting over with that group, but really wish they were bigger now that the idea of Classics have evolved.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644416)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 29th, 2015 @ 11:59am CST
Counterpunch wrote:I'm so over the 2006 seeker mold.

I get the trapped feeling. Everytime I look at my coneheads, I want an MP mold more and more.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644417)
Posted by Optimizzy on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:00pm CST
I still like the mold. It was great back in 2006 but it could really use an improvement now.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644420)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:03pm CST
Awww, I love this mould. No Redwing?

Well, at least Nacelle is a great addition. I like the reference to the old prototype. But I'd have liked to see G2 prototype Sandstorm (I think that was the name). Oh, well, it has a great run.

I can't help but agree that it's too small and unarticulated for a character set like the Seekers. Yet it remains the best version of the Seekers, to me at least. None of the other deluxe moulds are much larger and, to me, this is how a Seeker is supposed to look like.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644421)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:04pm CST
Desslok2201 wrote:Holy Jeez..if TFCC is putting that mold to bed, what kind of shape is it in? Nacelle and G2 Starscream are likely to be missing chunks of wings, legs, and look like they've been rolled in sand. BBTS Seacons will probably look better.

Exaggeration is an art >:oP

Just because the Club decided to no longer use it, doesn't mean Hasbro can't still cook up something. I'd say that's unlikely given that the new Deluxe Armada Starscream makes a good replacement for either company, I already have the perfect character for the Club to use: Universe 2003 Ramjet. Slap Jhiaxus' wings on him, but keep the Starscream cockpit, make a new head, there ya go.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644424)
Posted by Powered Convoy on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:09pm CST
No more Classics Seekers is disappointing. Granted there are 31 releases but Fun Pub was a great place for new characters of obscure references to get made. Things like Bitstream, Hotlink, and Nacelle were great new characters with equally great figures. It will be a shame if we see no more of that or never get figures of Red Wing or SG Dirge.

Randy
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644425)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:11pm CST
I have to say, I'd rather round out the set, rather than a new mold for Redwing or SG characters. Having them match is kind-of the point.

That said, It looks like things are rebooting for the seekers. IDW versions of the basic seekers are coming, so you can wager Screamer and Skywarp will be on the horizon ... for those wanting a fresh, larger version.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644426)
Posted by Metroplex79 on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:15pm CST
Hopefully Hasbro will use it for more mass-released Generations figures.

I haven't gotten tired of the mold yet.

I don't have the same love of the FOC seeker mold, mostly because I don't like the "thunder-calves" look.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644430)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:28pm CST
It's kinda funny how after 30+ uses and how they're basically scraping the bottom of the barrel now, people still want more of this mold.
Not that I blame them.

And "Nacelle" totally sounds like a female name to me, regardless of the various explanations, and I'm disappointed they didn't take the opportunity to add a second female Seeker... and another female without the hourglass frame.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644432)
Posted by jogunwarrior on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:36pm CST
Well, boo. I rather like this mold. Granted I only have a few of the figures that use this mold, unlike many of you others that have dozens...

Anyway, a new update of this mold could be cool, but I don't see that happening.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644433)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:38pm CST
I was just saying this yesterday. It's about time they retire this mold. It's 9 years old! I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro has a new mold in the works. Get ready to sell all your Classics Seekers and rebuy them as the superior Generations/Combiner Wars version.

I'd love to see them make some Combiner Wars Seekers. Either remolds of Silverbolt and one of the Arialbots, or just new molds, as Super Seeker and Regular Seeker mold. The Regular Seeker mold(limbs) be used for the obvious Starscream, Thrust, Sunstorm, Redwing, Skywarp, Dirge, etc, etc, etc. While the Super Seeker(torso) would be used for characters like Skyquake, Dreadwing, MW Starscream, Leozack, etc. It could be really interesting as you could create multiple custom Seeker combiners. You could probably even make a combiner out of just Starscreams(G1, G2, MW, Ghost, Black). Or you could make a combiner out of 4 generic Seekers and Super Seeker.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644434)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:38pm CST
Thank fucking god.
Re: Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold (1644440)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 29th, 2015 @ 12:59pm CST
All the tweets said is they "MAY" stop using the mold....they said they "have no plans" to use it again, so it's possible we may still get a Red Wing from this mold. I could care less about SG Dirge, because the whole SG universe is highly annoying to me, but to each their own.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-02 Menasor UW02 F/S w/Tracking# Japan" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K16 Huffer" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Shattered Glass Transformers Galactic odyssey" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG12 wind blade Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Leader Class Armada RID Prime MINTY!" on EBAY