Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail

Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail

Monday, October 9th, 2017 10:09pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 23,739

Well here's something out of left field. The Combiner Wars G2 Menasor box set has been spotted at Target, at full-price, no less. This is quite odd, as the set originally only saw release at online retail in 2015, and showed up in discount chains like TJMaxx and Marshalls last year, skipping big-box retailer physical locations entirely. Not only that, but this comes more than two years after the set was released. Fellow Seibertronian Cprime18 spotted the big fella at a Target in San Antonio, Texas, and below is photo proof. Has anyone else spotted and anomalous releases like this? Please let us know! And while you're at it, you can check out Seibertron's own G2 Menasor gallery right here!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Target

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915587)
Posted by Prime Target on October 9th, 2017 @ 11:19pm CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915589)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 9th, 2017 @ 11:23pm CDT
Hopefully the high price will deter would-be scalpers. The Cartwheel discount... I need to get my fluffy rear over there and see if other sets will be available there. Me wants Computron!
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915593)
Posted by WreckerJack on October 9th, 2017 @ 11:31pm CDT
I always did like the horns on that figure. Though I tend to wait for sales on combiners.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915595)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 9th, 2017 @ 11:48pm CDT
Prime Target wrote:Eh Him, Victorion, Computron , G2 Superion and G2 Bruticus have been shelfwarming at my local Toys R Us for ages now along with a few MPs yes Takara non KO MPs :roll: #Oldnews

What part of the world do you live in?

This was newsworthy because of the randomness of the sighting, years after the set's release, at a place it'd never been available before, and where, it just happens, is one of the largest retailers of toys in the U.S.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915601)
Posted by Burn on October 10th, 2017 @ 1:20am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

What part of the world do you live in?

Australia. They've really been shelf warming at TRU AU for a bloody long time. Probably because of how TRU AU jacks the prices up on their crap.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915602)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 10th, 2017 @ 1:30am CDT

They been shelfwarming the Forbidden Planet shop in Cambridge UK for ages too.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915604)
Posted by TimothyR on October 10th, 2017 @ 1:53am CDT
I assume someone decided to return this.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915605)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 10th, 2017 @ 2:12am CDT
TimothyR wrote:I assume someone decided to return this.

Could be, but I did check Target.com for store availability. Sadly, that info is unavailable, but people have been looking for the other sets, plus the Bruticus one is one of the first to appear in the total list.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915606)
Posted by Rainmaker on October 10th, 2017 @ 2:20am CDT
What? G2 Menasor was at my local Toys R Us a few months ago.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915621)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 10th, 2017 @ 7:05am CDT
And should you get one? Revisit the reviews and see!

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915628)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 10th, 2017 @ 7:36am CDT
I would like to find a good deal on a Computron though. I got the Takara version, but I'd like to Hasbro one s well.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915637)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 10th, 2017 @ 8:52am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:The G2 Bruticus and Superion both ended up at Marshalls and whatever the other named Mashalls store is called last year between Halloween and Christmas and then they were only $40.

He was on clearance at one point too....

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915641)
Posted by o.supreme on October 10th, 2017 @ 9:08am CDT

Still I feel this may have been a fluke. Probably someone returned the set, perhaps once purchased at Target.com

I actually had G2 Superion & Menasor at one time, but when it became apparent that no G2 Defensor was in the works I sold them both, thankfully before HTS 66% sale so I got full price back for each... However there are still plenty of them at BBTS. They are currently $70. If they ever dip below $50 each I may reacquire them, along with Fruiticus just for CW Completion sake.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915661)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 10th, 2017 @ 10:16am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Any Box Set sighting at a retail store in the United States is significant, because they are generally only available online. All you fans in the rest of the world don't realize how good you have it...feel fortunate.

So many of the toys I actually want don't get released here at all and these things do.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915665)
Posted by o.supreme on October 10th, 2017 @ 10:37am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I feel the same way. So many figures I don't want/need, probably some of the ones you are wanting too, but I cant easily access the ones I want. Too bad we as fans have to act as redistributors/ambassadors of the product.

Is it too much just to ask for TR Ramhorn at Target Walmart or TRU?
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915670)
Posted by Evil Eye on October 10th, 2017 @ 11:05am CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915671)
Posted by shajaki on October 10th, 2017 @ 11:06am CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915672)
Posted by ExciKaiser on October 10th, 2017 @ 11:12am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hopefully the high price will deter would-be scalpers.

All the G2 sets are shelf-warming even on ebay at 70$. There's never been scalping on those.

On the contrary, they may rise their price if they sell at 99$ (which is far from being the case currently. Biggest shelf-warmer ever).
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915673)
Posted by o.supreme on October 10th, 2017 @ 11:18am CDT
shajaki wrote:These sets never came to US regular brick and mortar? Huh. In Canada we got them in store at TRU's, but Walmart was online only.

Well I hear tales that supposedly CW Dev was available at TRU in the U.S...., but I personally never saw one. Other than that, no. Why do you think WJ takes so much sadistic pleasure in taunting me with his photos ;) . Anyway...It's not so much as they are impossible to get (online shopping is not fun, but it is, what it is)...so much as reliving that feeling I had as a kid, when you could walk into any toy store and see practically any transformer toy available at that time.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor spotted at brick-and-mortar retail (1915675)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 10th, 2017 @ 11:19am CDT
Black Hat wrote:I really wish Motormaster wasn't such an awful torso, because otherwise I'd get the G2 Stunticons. As is I'm waiting for an enterprising 3rd party company to make a non-terrible MM (yes I know of the Bold Forms one, that thing sucked though). A shame as MM makes for a cool truck and an imposing robot but that torso mode suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
It doesn't solve every issue with that torso, but turning its legs backwards (instead of the sideways position that they're officially supposed to be in) can make it just a little less awful (and slightly taller a bit).

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-03 Strongarm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MEGA OPTIMUS PRIME, 2015." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers loose Movie Revenge of the Fallen (ROFT) Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY