Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand

Monday, April 13th, 2015 12:03AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 30,858

After just recently bringing you First Aid, Genetic of TFND strikes again with the first in hand shots of Combiner Wars Voyager Protectobot: Hotspot! This fella is sporting his own brand new mold (rumoured to be retooled into Onslaught) and transforms from fire truck, to robot, and (being team leader) the torso of Defensor. He seems to be able to pull of some pretty dynamic moves, and can be seen here with the rest of his fellow Protectobots. Whats next for Genetic, is it Groove or the combined mode Defensor? Whatever it is, Seibertron.com has you covered so stay tuned!

Credit(s): Genetic @ TFND
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674607)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:22am CDT
Hot Spot did not disappoint one bit. He looks every bit as amazing as the rest of his crew so far. His vehicle mode looks spot on to me, and his robot mode is very good and high-quality in my humble opinion. His combined mode looks like it is easily better than the truck mold and may even equal the jet mold. I hope combined images are next. I'm all too eager to see Defensor in his (almost) full Glory!!!

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674608)
Posted by Zeedust on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:26am CDT
I was hoping the chest plate bots would be interchangeable, but looking at Defensor's chest, it doesn't seem he'd be able to accmmodate Blackjack, and this would seem to indicate that Ultra Prime or Menasor wouldn't be able to wear Groove. Ah well.

Looks nice otherwise.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674609)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:29am CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674612)
Posted by Zeedust on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:41am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:As a side note: Backpacks do not bother me in the slightest. But I do bet that within the next 24 hours, at least one person will make a crack about that Ladder Backpack. Calling it right now! :BOT:

Did They Forget He Was hot spot And Not heatwave?

There. It's out of the way. Dealt with. Go about your lives.

Oh, wait, before you go...

I'm probably late to the party on this, but does anyone else just love Breakdown's sword/gun?
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674615)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:46am CDT
Check out the pose on that first robot pic. Pure awesome! He needs a nice low angle pic from the torso up to go along with it.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674616)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:46am CDT
I really hope this guy's retooled into Onslaught mostly because I don't want Defensor but I do want the mold. I have him preordered currently along with Cyclonus so I don't have to wait a whole year to buy one, but if Onslaught comes out I'll probably sell Hot Spot off as long as Onslaught is really good.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674617)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:52am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Did They Forget He Was hot spot And Not heatwave?

There. It's out of the way. Dealt with. Go about your lives.

Oh, wait, before you go...

Boo....

You are not too late to say Breakdown's weapon is amazing and lovable. Because it is. Simple. It is a great gun-sword, and it can be used and mentioned as much as it can :BOT:
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674620)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 13th, 2015 @ 1:07am CDT
:x

It just won't stop! The wallet hurting :lol:
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674621)
Posted by Zeedust on April 13th, 2015 @ 1:08am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

It reminds me a little of Side Burn's, except bigger and a bit more on the simple-but-elegant side.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674622)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on April 13th, 2015 @ 1:08am CDT
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674623)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 13th, 2015 @ 1:09am CDT

But the original G1 also has the "back pack". Or, "O no! Hollow shins........looks like a K.O.! You are right. You just can't please everyone.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674624)
Posted by Bradimus on April 13th, 2015 @ 1:11am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Bradimus wrote:Awe shucks!

My original plan was to only get Superion (because I had him as a kid and he is my favorite combiner) as well as Mirage and Ironhide (because I don't have them in my Generations collections and I thought they would make nice options to upgrade Superion).

But then I start seeing these amazing images of the Protectobots and even though I still hate Blades' head the other four limbs look phenomenal. So if Hot Spot turns out to be as solid a torso as Silverbolt I may have to scrap my original plan and go in on Defensor instead.

Although I might consider substituting Mirage and Ironhide in place of Blades and Streetwise.

Whatever the case, thank you for taking my money, Hasbro. :HEADHURTS:

You are doomed! :lol:

After seeing the new pictures of Hot Spot, yes, yes I am, barring poseability issues with Defensor. Superion sets a very high bar. I had him doing Hulk Hogan poses today for kicks. He can also do the People's Elbow and the Stone Cold Stunner. I'd post pictures but I don't have figures (or easy access to figures in storage) that can take the punishment. #-o
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674625)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 13th, 2015 @ 1:16am CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:I don't mind the ladder backpack for Hot Spot. Makes me wonder how it'll be dealt with in the inevitable Onslaught retool though. It seems necessary for the combined mode.

I was wondering the same thing. If they have the missiles on the back, it might interfere with the folding part of the backpack since missiles usually don't fold in half. That or the missiles would be pointing straight towards the ground, making Onslaught the most daring (and cautious) Decepticon alive.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674627)
Posted by Bradimus on April 13th, 2015 @ 1:23am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:P.S. I can wait a bit for Groove. New pics of him as a chestplate on Defensor can be shown when he is photographed. I WANT DEFENSOR NOW!!! :BOT:

Looks to me like Defensor needs Groove about as much as Superion needs Powerglide. :-$
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674630)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on April 13th, 2015 @ 2:13am CDT
What's so crazy about this set of combiners, is that they look quite good size wise, where the other combiners are kind of off set. This is the correct size
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674632)
Posted by ishigoto on April 13th, 2015 @ 2:21am CDT
Is anyone else just getting a...a cruel sense of irony seeing that First Aid is the leg in a combiner here? *CAUGHCAUGHambulonCAUGH*
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674639)
Posted by Allenspurs on April 13th, 2015 @ 4:43am CDT
My God those bots look awesome, so much variety in their torso size and deco it's amazing they all combine together still.

Can't wait for first aid,he just looks perfect,incidentally surely his alt mode is 100% prowl,just need a big set of bull bars on the front.

the original first was my first ever combiner limb and defensor my first gestalt So this is 100% a buy,especially since it seems to be coming out before menasor in the UK
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674643)
Posted by noctorro on April 13th, 2015 @ 5:14am CDT
shajaki wrote: Image

Sorry people, he just looks too awesome.
My favorite voyager of my favorite Transformers line.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674655)
Posted by Mr O on April 13th, 2015 @ 6:50am CDT
noctorro wrote:
shajaki wrote: Image

Sorry people, he just looks too awesome.
My favorite voyager of my favorite Transformers line.

He looks fantastic to me. I would have preferred the head be black but that's not a complaint, there's too much to celebrate. Looks like justice done to one of my favourite childhood toys. :)
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Hotspot In Hand (1674656)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on April 13th, 2015 @ 6:52am CDT
that Hot Spot mold looks nice it has potential as some other fire trucks IE the one guy from super god master force , RID 2001 Optimus and or Rescue bots Heatwave who gotten a major upgrade to take on both 'cons and Morbots :lol: :D ;) though their combination gimmick would have to be removed

oh and if it does get retooled into onslaught .....

timelines nexus prime / shattered glass heatwave RID 2001 mega-octane :-B :-B :-B :-$

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID BISK One Step Changers Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Robots in Disguise Transformers Animated Leader Class Bulkhead Headmaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Tiny Titans Series 4 Robots in Disguise RID 3/12 Clampdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Smokescreen - Complete" on EBAY
Buy "SHOCKWAVE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE LEADER CLASS WFC-S14" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WHEELJACK Complete Classics Deluxe w Repro Labels" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TRAILBREAKER Combiner Wars, PLUS UPGRADES!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Lot - Superion, Menasor, Bruticus, more!" on EBAY