Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder

Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder

Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 3:12pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,478

Fellow Seibertronian Itscramtastic has just told us that Bigbadtoystore now has preorders for the wave 4 Combiner Wars Legends figures. The two new figures in wave 4 are Rodimus and Skywarp, both redecos of other Combiner Wars figures already released this year: Combiner Wars Blackjack and Thundercracker respectively (and we all know the later is a redeco of Starscream). These items are currently, and tentatively, slated for a June release.

They are available in 3 different assortments:

Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 04 Revision 06 - Case of 8

2x TRA GEN LEGENDS PROTECTOBOT GROOVE
2x TRA GEN LEGENDS WARPATH
2x TRA GEN LEGENDS RODIMUS
2x TRA GEN LEGENDS SKYWARP

Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 04 Revision 06 - Set of 4

1x TRA GEN LEGENDS PROTECTOBOT GROOVE
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS WARPATH
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS RODIMUS
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS SKYWARP

Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 04 Revision 06 - Set of 2 (Rodimus & Skywarp)

1x TRA GEN LEGENDS RODIMUS
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS SKYWARP

Credit(s): BBTS

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684715)
Posted by william-james88 on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:23pm CDT
Genericon #378 wrote:There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.

What do you mean by that?
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684716)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:24pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Wave 4 Legends pre-orders up at BBTS! http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=combiner%20legends%2004
I saw this in my email.
32 bucks for two legends...
and 42 bucks for four legends?

Seriously am I seeing that right? :???:

Probably because Groove and Warpath were available in a previous wave. So there will be an abundance of them. Business sense/inventory control vying against customer satisfaction, me thinks....
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684717)
Posted by MrBlack on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:33pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
I saw this in my email.
32 bucks for two legends...
and 42 bucks for four legends?

Seriously am I seeing that right? :???:

BBTS is really jacking up the prices on the Legends class figures that people want. Groove is $13.99, Rodimus and Skywarp are over $15 each and only available together, and Viper isn't even available as an individual figure. Keeping in mind that these are $9.99 at American retail.

Forget that.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684718)
Posted by Shockwave7 on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:38pm CDT
Great - wave4 Combiner wars legends 'available for pre-order'.

And Hasbrotoyshop.com doesn't even have wave3 listed yet. Why is Hasbro's official online distributor so woefully behind the curve when it comes to making their OWN products available? They are Hasbro - they've got the direct pipeline to the factories that make their own products. Yet for some reason, they're the absolute last to have them available.

Frustrating as snot.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684719)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:39pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Is Blackjack worth owning by himself? I know his main appeal is that he's the chest piece to Menasor, but I won't get the Stunticons, so for me that's irrelevant. I saw Blackjack and Huffer at my Target yesterday and I almost picked him up, but was undecided. What made me hesitate was the thought that his function as the chest is the main purpose for the figure, and that his robot mode may suffer due to this. Does it? Or is it a well-poseable, solid figure?

I think you've got it backwards - he's a fun little figure who happens to be configurable as a chest plate. If his main purpose is to be a chest plate, than Powerglide's main purpose is to be a gun for Superion, which we know is not the case.

Blackjack's 100% worth getting on his own.

I don't completely agree, especially at a $10 price point. I will say he doesn't suffer as a result of his combination status, as that mode is literally just his car mode, so if that's your only concern, yeah, he's fine, I just don't feel he's a great value for what he is on his own.

The Powerglide comparison doesn't fit, IMO, because Powerglide's a long standing character, with many notable appearances in fiction. Blackjacks a sorta homage of one character, with a sorta deco of another, with another sort of homage as part of Menasor and really not (yet anyway) a character with a real solid identity. That would be a much more valid comparison with the Hot Rod version of the mold.

None of which is to say you're wrong about Blackjack if you like him without considering Menasor. If you like him on his own great, but I just have a different opinion about his solo value.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684720)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:40pm CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:They are Hasbro
That is a misnomer. HTS =/= Hasbro itself.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684721)
Posted by Shockwave7 on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:40pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.

What do you mean by that?

He probably means we don't want another brazza-frakkin' Bumblebee figure.... Though making him part of a combiner like Neo Prime WOULD be the ideal way for Hasbro to force us into buying yet ANOTHER bleepity-bleep-bleep Bumblebee.....
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684723)
Posted by Shockwave7 on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:They are Hasbro
That is a misnomer. HTS =/= Hasbro itself.

Is HTS then not Hasbro's official commercial online distributor? Do they not officially bear the logo of, and therefore represent, the toy manufacturer known on this planet under the nomenclature of "Hasbro" in terms of providing the products which are produced, manufactured and sold by the aforementioned company known Hasbro?
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684724)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:48pm CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:They are Hasbro
That is a misnomer. HTS =/= Hasbro itself.

There is probably something about not undercutting the customers (retailers in this instance) in this thinking. Target/Walmart/Toys R Us/etc all have a lot of buying power....
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684726)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:52pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:They are Hasbro
That is a misnomer. HTS =/= Hasbro itself.

HTS is Hasbro's official outlet, but it's still separate from Hasbro proper. Hasbro's the license owner and only supplier, HTS is the retail-level distributor and licensee. Think of it as like any other online store, only with more direct and closer ties with Hasbro.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684728)
Posted by william-james88 on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:55pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:They are Hasbro
That is a misnomer. HTS =/= Hasbro itself.

HTS is Hasbro's official outlet, but they're still separate from Hasbro proper. Hasbro's the licenser and only supplier, HTS is the retail-level distributor. Think any other online store, only with more direct and closer ties with Hasbro.

And I assume that their purpose is to sell whatever isn't picked up by and left over from their commercial buyers. Which is why they would never be the first to have an item available. In that logic, it makes sense that they are the last to ever have a product available.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684729)
Posted by rpetras on May 12th, 2015 @ 3:56pm CDT
I will have that skywarp, but since I don't care about Roddy I'm not paying $30+ for them.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684734)
Posted by Rated X on May 12th, 2015 @ 4:16pm CDT
I could care less about these two. The only legends figures I buy are the ones that represent smaller characters and go with CHUG scale.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684738)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 12th, 2015 @ 4:34pm CDT

I'm kinda sad we don't have a Jazz, Sideswipe, Wheeljack and other "season one" cars as combiners coming on the horizon.... not to mention a scourge and seeker set of Deceps. I really want those to combat all these Autobot combiners, oddly.

AND I'm also still holding my breath for a bigger (and better) Trailbreaker and Hoist... but I digress.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684739)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 12th, 2015 @ 4:36pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, the way I'd prefer they work in some minibots is just like Powerglide and Groove and black car guy. I don't want deluxe sized minibots mixed in with these combiners. That would be toooo weird.

Listings for Wheeljack and Trailbreaker, as well as Smokescreen have been found a while ago.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684746)
Posted by Genericon #378 on May 12th, 2015 @ 4:59pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.

What do you mean by that?

I mean that all these images and sketches better not just be there to lead us astray, so that they could just make a Bumblebee limb.
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684747)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 12th, 2015 @ 5:00pm CDT
And here I am, waiting for wave 2 >:oP
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684748)
Posted by Moosey on May 12th, 2015 @ 5:01pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm definitely getting Rodimus. I'll pick up Blackjack as well. I just wasn't sure how much the chest feature dominates the figure. Thanks.

(Sorry that this is a reply to a post a page back)
I'm only picking up Blackjack, but trust me, he's great. Fun transformation, great robot and alt modes, and decent posability to top it all off :).
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684755)
Posted by william-james88 on May 12th, 2015 @ 5:04pm CDT
Genericon #378 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.

What do you mean by that?

A bumblebee limb for who?!
Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder (1684757)
Posted by Crimson Prime on May 12th, 2015 @ 5:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.

What do you mean by that?

A bumblebee limb for who?!

Assuming for Optimus or his illustrated white repaint.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner New" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers ???? Botcon TFCC TFSS Barricade Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY