Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches

Transformers News: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches

Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 6:51PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 19,861

Sara Pitre-Durocher has posted two Starscream sketches on her Twitter page. It's pretty cool to see what could have been. The artist explains in her tweet that the colors did end up changing after this first draft. Have a look of the sketches below and tell us what you think!

Sadly Til All Are One is over but comic fans will be exited to know that Alex Milne is returning to work on Lost Light, check out the details in this article!

Credit(s): twitter.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912094)
Posted by Sunstar on September 20th, 2017 @ 7:13pm CDT

I am still disappointed the series ended :(
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912097)
Posted by Kurona on September 20th, 2017 @ 7:24pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:I saw this when it was posted on twitter, but what I would love to see from her is how she imagines this as his alt-mode.

I am still disappointed the series ended :(

Given the chest design and general aesthetic, I would imagine it wouldn't be too terribly distant from the WfC/FoC jet -- but in a different direction and, of course, with a lot more wings.

... I never knew until now I wanted an X-wing version of a Seeker. Hasbro, please, god, do that.
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912102)
Posted by ricemazter on September 20th, 2017 @ 8:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

I am still disappointed the series ended :(

I'm actually kind of disappointed his "true" body turned out to also be a jet. I think it would've been more interesting and fit the theme a bit better if he was originally meant to be a car or something. Although, it's a really good in universe explanation for the seeker body type.
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912104)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 20th, 2017 @ 8:47pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

*drooling at the thought* =P~
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912105)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 20th, 2017 @ 8:49pm CDT
What intrigues me is the purple eyes. Makes me think of Prime in TLK, but I think it may have been done as to not blend in with the red in his paint scheme.
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912107)
Posted by Kurona on September 20th, 2017 @ 8:52pm CDT
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912109)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 20th, 2017 @ 9:33pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I think the idea might be that traditionally, Autobots have blue eyes and Decepticons have red -- so in a theoretical Cybertron where the war never broke out and everyone's neutral and at peace, purple makes sense thematically.

That makes sense. But can you explain Ambulon having yellow/orange optics?
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912110)
Posted by Kurona on September 20th, 2017 @ 9:34pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:

That makes sense. But can you explain Ambulon having yellow/orange optics?

The delicious taste of Sunny D.
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912117)
Posted by RodimusRex on September 20th, 2017 @ 10:48pm CDT
I see Dai Atlas here.
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912120)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 20th, 2017 @ 11:07pm CDT
this could be used as a new design for a future cartoon series(unrelated to prime/rid) like how they did armada starcsream :-?
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912121)
Posted by MagicDeath on September 20th, 2017 @ 11:28pm CDT
Remind anyone else of Cybertron Starscream?
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912157)
Posted by Big Grim on September 21st, 2017 @ 6:59am CDT
I actually see shades of Prime Dreadwing in that version of Screamer.
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912159)
Posted by Mugshot on September 21st, 2017 @ 7:24am CDT

Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912185)
Posted by Big Grim on September 21st, 2017 @ 10:48am CDT
Mugshot wrote:I personally think the design takes a lot of inspiration from TransTech Starscream

Whoa, that's kinda hideous!
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912237)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 21st, 2017 @ 6:19pm CDT
Forged-Scream is so sexy. I really liked the design
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912258)
Posted by Sunstar on September 21st, 2017 @ 7:30pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Forged-Scream is so sexy. I really liked the design

Smexy indeed :3 Something rather noble and handsome about that design. It seems to capture a lot of Starscream's personality and characteristics while upping his design a lot. Someone somewhere - could have been here, why didn't they keep more of what he looked like. Because that is not the point with this design, it was how he could have been if he had naturally evolved - so he may not have some of the standard Starscream characteristics. However to look at this design you can see elements that are typical to Starscream. I see more Starscream in this concept than I ever did in the Bay movie concepts.

as I have said before, if writing leads to Starscream having this form, I could see it accomplished by him becoming a prime via the matrix of leadership (if going by g1 standard that the matrix causes the body to morph into a larger "cooler" form.

My only critical point to this design is the weapons. I know he has weapons, but do forged transformers have them when they are born? If transformers are not "born to war" (I forget who said that) then why would they have them to start with?

The one thing that I felt with teh comics was how lovingly Windblade cradled his exposed spark. I loved it.
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1912263)
Posted by Sunstar on September 21st, 2017 @ 7:35pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:

That makes sense. But can you explain Ambulon having yellow/orange optics?

maybe something like a transformer version of albinism?
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1920802)
Posted by Sunstar on November 10th, 2017 @ 12:34am CST
Not sure if this is something or not...

Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1920805)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 10th, 2017 @ 1:11am CST
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sunstar we have our first glimpse at the eagerly anticipated 'Till All Are One Annual! When the series ended earlier this year, at writer Mairghread Scott's discretion, many fans of the IDW Transformers universe were very disappointed at the prospect of no more stories about the Cybertron-based cast; some had even started saying that TAAO was their favorite of the ongoing Transformer titles, due to the creative team of Scott, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Joana Lafuente and Tom Long putting out such consistently engaging work.

Via the Twitter account of David Mariotte at IDW, we have a one-panel tweet featuring everyone's favorite reporting duo, Circuit and Longtooth, though they're about to be interrupted by Windblade.

Also featured is a single panel of the Universe's favorite punching bag, Waspinator, who doesn't look too happy.

Do these images get you excited to have the TAAO team back to wrap up the story? Please discuss below, and be sure to turn to Seibertron.com for all the latest TF news!
Re: Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches (1925711)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2017 @ 2:54am CST
Speaking of Christmas presents, Mairghread Scott and crew have a good one for fans of the canceled Till All Are One series: the first (and sadly, only) Till All Are One Annual! When it was announced that the series was ending, many fans were upset. Scott explained that she'd wanted to continue telling the story she'd set out to tell, and given that she'd been asked to do a soft reboot of the Cybertron-set series, she declined, deciding to cancel the series instead. That left a few plot threads dangling: What would become of Starscream's struggle to hold on to power, with Elita One gaining popularity and influence (due to her and her people's role in saving the planet)? What would happen to Windblade, now that Vigilem was vanquished, and she was no longer going to speak for anyone but herself? Would Chromia capture and kill Liege Maximo? What would happen to the Combaticons and Bruticus? Would the univerzze ever give poor Wazzzpinator a break??

While it's not currently known what will happen with all those storylines, thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sunstar pointing us to iTunes, we now have the three page preview for the upcoming Till All Are One Annual! Due out December 20th (good day for Transformers comics!), we'll find answers to some of those plot questions, and be given a chance to say goodbye to a series that had become a fan favorite, due to the creative team of Scott, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Joana Lafuente and Tom B. Long turning out such excellent work over the yearlong run of the series.

[quote]Elita One, Windblade, and Starscream fight to gain ultimate control of Cybertron! Dark secrets will be revealed in this series finale![/quote]

Stay tuned for a full preview in the next couple of weeks, and come back to the Energon Pub Forums with a frosty glass of engex to discuss this final wrap up for the series once it's released!
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
You save: 29%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
You save: 23%