Transformers News: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders

Monday, July 16th, 2012 10:21AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,945

Good news Drift fans! IDW will be releasing Transformers: Complete Drift Hardcover in next January. The Amazon pre-order can be found by clicking here. Details listed below, no cover yet.

Product Details
Price: $24.99 MSRP ($20.64 Amazon)
Hardcover: 152 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (January 1, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613775393
ISBN-13: 978-1613775394

Amazon has also listed their pre-orders for Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2 and G.I. Joe/Transformers Volume 2. Both are scheduled for a December 18th release, details below.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2 [Paperback] Product Details
Price: MSRP $19.77 (Amazon $16.86)
Paperback: 104 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (December 18, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613775415
ISBN-13: 978-1613775417

G.I. Joe/Transformers Volume 2 [Paperback]
Price: MSRP $24.99 (Amazon $20.64)
Product Details
Paperback: 248 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (December 18, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613775350
ISBN-13: 978-1613775356
Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1401300)
Posted by Va'al on July 16th, 2012 @ 10:31am CDT
So is this essentially the miniseries plus the spotlight?
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1401428)
Posted by zodconvoy on July 16th, 2012 @ 4:44pm CDT
Va'al wrote:So is this essentially the miniseries plus the spotlight?

Probably have the Perceptor part of the Coda too. Eh, I'm a sucker for hardcovers and Absolute Editions so I'll probably be picking it up.
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1401439)
Posted by Stormrider on July 16th, 2012 @ 6:02pm CDT
Was the Drift series good?
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1402223)
Posted by El Duque on July 19th, 2012 @ 12:28am CDT

Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 [Paperback]

[quote]Book Description
Publication Date: December 11, 2012
Volume 4 of Transformers Classics UK will cover issues #113-145 and include the 1987 Transformers Annual and the Transformers/Action Force crossover, "Ancient Relics!"[/quote]

[quote]Product Details
Paperback: 296 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (December 11, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613775172
ISBN-13: 978-1613775172[/quote]
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1402268)
Posted by Va'al on July 19th, 2012 @ 5:12am CDT
Stormrider wrote:Was the Drift series good?

Hm. It's ok. I enjoyed it, but not enough to buy another copy of it.

You get to see Lockdown, alien slavers, Turmoil, Deadlock (Drift's Dcon persona, before the switch) and Dai Atlas and the rest of the Knights. It also feeds into the Drift personality from the MTMTE series.

If you can get it for cheap-ish, I'd say go for it.
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1402342)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 19th, 2012 @ 11:25am CDT
El Duque wrote:In addition to Transformers: Complete Drift Hardcover, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe/Transformers Volume 2 Amazon.com has also listed a pre-order for Transformers Classics UK Volume 4. This volume is priced at $24.99 (Amazon price $20.65) and scheduled to release on December 11th.

Transformers Classics UK Volume 4 [Paperback]

[quote]Book Description
Publication Date: December 11, 2012

[quote]Product Details
Paperback: 296 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (December 11, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613775172
ISBN-13: 978-1613775172[/quote][/quote]Issues 113-145? Aw, man! As cool as those stories are, they stop short right before one of the coolest UK epics of all time: Issues 46 to 151, "The Legacy of Unicron!"
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1402464)
Posted by Stormrider on July 19th, 2012 @ 7:50pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Was the Drift series good?

Hm. It's ok. I enjoyed it, but not enough to buy another copy of it.

If you can get it for cheap-ish, I'd say go for it.

Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1402537)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 19th, 2012 @ 11:29pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:TF IDW collection #7 will have a Drift mini series in it. Would that be the same arc?
No it won't. That was typo on amazon's part. It's really going to have the Ironhide mini-series. The Drift series was already collected in TF IDW Collection #4.
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1403265)
Posted by Stormrider on July 22nd, 2012 @ 5:33pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Thanks the clarification. I am happy to hear that Ironhide will be in IDW #7
Re: Transformers: Complete Drift, Transformers: Robots In Disguise Volume 2, and G.I. Joe / Transformers Volume 2 Pre-Orders (1421185)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 17th, 2012 @ 4:15pm CDT
Any confirmation on any bonus content? If there is —ala the Wreckers hardcover — I'd jump in. There was enough Cybertronian history to get me wanting to bite on this, even though there WAS an awful lot of Drift in there. Like Sunstorm, there's just something fanfic about the character. Doesn't quite reach the bar.

Ending Soon On eBay

Marvel Hero Mashers Transformers Electronic Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 56 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno & Daburu Deluxe Class - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader MEGATRON SEALED - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 3 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction DRIFT Action Figure - Voyager Class Autobot *NEW* - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 9 minutes 17 seconds
ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Generations Combiner Wars SEALED! - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 17 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Silver Knight Optimus Prime Figure Age of Extinction SEALED - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 18 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot New Autobot Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 32 minutes 8 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron Painted - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 37 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #166 - Toy Fair 2017