Thursday, October 11th, 2018 3:16pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,304

We have some news from the Transformers Generations Cyber Series line, thanks to fellow Seibertronian reluctantyouth who emailed the news staff! You'll remember that the 11 inch Commander figures of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee were not readily available in the US (back in 2015), as only Walgreens stores and the Universal Studio souvenir store were carrying them.

Well, it appears that online retailer Amazon.com has added both of those simplified figures for $19.99, and you can purchase them right now, by clicking on the images below!

Transformers News: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings

Transformers toys that change from robot to vehicle have captivated kids for generations.
This toy robot changes into the signature red and blue Optimus Prime toy truck in 6 simple steps! Easy conversion for kids 6 years old and up!
Transformers follows the story of the heroic Autobots, who fight to protect all life, and the evil Decepticons, who seek to conquer the universe. This timeless 11-inch Cyber Commander Series figure depicts Optimus Prime, legendary leader of the Autobots--essential when starting a Transformers toy collection.
Collect other 11-inch Cyber Commander Series Transformers figures so kids can imagine their own Autobot vs. Decepticon battles (Each sold separately. Subject to availability).
This classic Optimus Prime action figure makes the perfect birthday or holiday gift!

This toy robot changes into the signature yellow Bumblebee toy car in 6 simple steps! Easy conversion for kids 6 years old and up!
Transformers follows the story of the heroic Autobots, who fight to protect all life, and the evil Decepticons, who seek to conquer the universe. This timeless 11-inch Cyber Commander Series figure depicts Bumblebee, a brave Autobot scout--essential when starting a Transformers toy collection.
This Bumblebee action figure makes the perfect birthday or holiday gift!

Credit(s): Amazon

Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1988746)
Posted by Rysquad on October 11th, 2018 @ 5:58pm CDT
lol just as my Entertainment Earth order ships.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1988787)
Posted by Lucky Logician on October 11th, 2018 @ 10:19pm CDT

That being said, I really do love this mold. So if you weren't able to pick up the original release, this is definitely worth getting.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1988824)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 12th, 2018 @ 4:44am CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:The light gray section around the dark gray abs just does not work for me. That piece of plastic really needs to be red to go with the rest of his upper torso.

Weird design choice indeed. That part could have just be cast in plain red plastics instead of that questionable light gray. Regardless, that's an Optimus I would love to have. But not at the price of a LEADER figure. Yup. This is the total price this here Canadian will have to pay even at the lowest from Amazon.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1988830)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2018 @ 6:27am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Its 40$ total CAD to get this to canada, so not quite leader price point.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1988934)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Its 40$ total CAD to get this to canada, so not quite leader price point.

No, that's 41.77$CAN total. [-(

Seriously, less than I thought. I was expecting a gonzillion dollar of shipping and a kidney of custom deposit.
However, this Optimus is not worth 40$ in my eyes. One irony is even with shipping, import fees, and the exchange rate, Amazon.com have way better prices in the end than Amazon.ca.
Strange.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1988976)
Posted by Hoist [RENEGADE] on October 13th, 2018 @ 9:45am CDT
Nope, nope, nope! Burn them with fire! Jetfire is passable, but I still find them a bit meh.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995551)
Posted by Zeedust on November 26th, 2018 @ 10:10pm CST
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995554)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 26th, 2018 @ 10:30pm CST
Zeedust wrote:Does anyone else's Shockwave have trouble straightening his right arm all the way?

Copied from the other thread:

There may be some flash (excess plastic) inside the joint that either makes it seize up, or blocks movement at a certain point. The joint is a simple plastic hinge (no metal rods to push out), but I'm not sure how safe it would be to pop it off, without stressing the plastic.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995556)
Posted by Zeedust on November 26th, 2018 @ 11:07pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Copied from the other thread:

Also copied from other thread:

Good guess, but that's not it. The joint moves fine, it's just that the tab won't go into the notch it's supposed to go into; it comes in too shallow and gets blocked by the main part of the shoulder pad. If I had to guess a defect, maybe the shoulder is slightly warped or something?

The problem looks like this:

Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995562)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 27th, 2018 @ 1:32am CST
Unless my eyes are deceiving me I'd swear the shoulder pad was not aligned correctly during assembly. To me it looks like one shoulder is closer to the torso than the other.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995571)
Posted by Agamemnon on November 27th, 2018 @ 7:13am CST

(If this description is not clear, let me know and I'll snap a couple of pics.)
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995704)
Posted by Zeedust on November 27th, 2018 @ 11:13pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:That looks to me that the bicep is assembled backward, or a left bicep is assembled to the right bicep. In this image, looking at the gap where the tab should fit...

(Snip image)
Agamemnon wrote:...the bicep piece looks solid and flat. On mine, there is hollowness. My question is, when Shocky is in bot mode, is the hollow bicep area facing forward?

(If this description is not clear, let me know and I'll snap a couple of pics.)

Your description is clear. The flat side does face front in robvot mode, it's just a trick of light from the flash making the back part look hollow.

I take it yours fits properly?

...I'm not equipped to remove pins, so I guess I'll have to return him. Which sucks, because I don't think I'll get another shot at him without paying scalper prices.
Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995727)
Posted by Agamemnon on November 28th, 2018 @ 8:01am CST
Zeedust wrote:

(Snip image)

(If this description is not clear, let me know and I'll snap a couple of pics.)

I take it yours fits properly?

Re: Transformers Cyber Series Commander Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Amazon.com Listings (1995910)
Posted by Zeedust on November 28th, 2018 @ 7:04pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:Yeah, mine fits fine. I suspect it is the other side bicep mis-assembled into the trouble spot. Sorry to hear that. I wonder if someone out there as the same problem with the other arm...

Thank you for your help and your sympathy.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY