Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 10:53pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,296

We have news that Transformers Cyberverse deluxe class wave 5 has been found at US retail. Jay found them at Walmart in the Chicago area, along with a ton of Netflix figuress, and posted it on the Cybertron Café Facebook page. These deluxes were priced at 19.87 and include Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream. You can view their official product images here.

If you have found them, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail

This article was last modified on Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 10:55pm CST

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2090043)
Posted by LordBludgeon on December 16th, 2020 @ 11:08am CST
This Wal-Mart has the new Cyberverse and Netflix figures? That's way more than what my Wal-mart has the last couple of weeks I've been, ha, ha, ha. My Wal-Mart is mostly bare when it comes to Transformers, just some of the basic warrior class cyberverse figures and that's about it. Hotlink is still shelfwarming, but there have been no Studio Series, Generations, or the other Netflix figures in ages. The local Targets in my area have been much better stocked and I've had luck there finding Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker, Runabout, and Runamuck.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2090259)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 18th, 2020 @ 1:05pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:I don't know any kids that'd like a 1 Step Changer

I do

My boy enjoyed them too.

ImageRack and Ruin Alt Mode by ME_Counterpunch, on Flickr

ImageRack and Ruin Guns Out by ME_Counterpunch, on Flickr

ImageRack and Ruin by ME_Counterpunch, on Flickr
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2090441)
Posted by Whifflefire on December 21st, 2020 @ 6:31pm CST
Saw the new Deluxe wave at the Walmart in Bristol, Connecticut, so they've reached the east coast. This is remarkably quick considering they were only revealed two weeks ago. It usually takes months before we see new releases on this side.

Prowl and Soundwave look alright (although Laserbeak is tiiiny!), but that Starscream does not look all that well in person. There's no room in my collection (or budget!) for these guys right now, so I'm passing on them. So I could be wrong, but Prowl definitely looks to be the best of the bunch.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2090982)
Posted by william-james88 on December 30th, 2020 @ 12:35am CST
The new Cyberverse deluxe figures have been out for a little while now but only recently have reviews popped up. Below you can see reviews posted on youtube by PrimevsPrime, Chuckdawg1999, DredgeX97 and Ironhide Productions. The deluxes being reviewed are Soundwave (twice), Prowl and Starscream. The Starscream review is a rather important one since this is the first time you will see the toy properly transformed and it does look better than in the promotional images. Let us know what you think!

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2091659)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 5th, 2021 @ 8:46am CST
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2091668)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2021 @ 9:13am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else and I was too dumb to take a photo in store, but I saw at Target the Megatron with the helicopter armor in the Buzzworthy Bee packaging.
There's also a Bumblebee with a redeco of Grimlock's garbage truck Spark Armor.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092130)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 8th, 2021 @ 12:31pm CST
I got the new deluxes in, and they are decent with some mixed bags.

Prowl is the best of the lot. He is really solid, I love how the legs work, the robot mode is pretty good, transformation has some neat new tricks while also using some from Siege, car mode is decent, and he looks and feels good.

Soundwave was the one I was most excited for, because I loved him in the show. He's not too bad, the kibble gets in the way some around back, but at least they gave him his killer show headsculpt. I like the truck mode too, and he has his little Laserbeak! He's good.

Starscream is good in robot mode, with excellent paint and detail, and the best effects parts. Sadly, while the transformation is involved, the result sucks. So he is probably my 2nd least favorite deluxe above Thunderhowl. Also my wife said his chest missiles make him look like he's lactating, and I can never see him the same again

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092131)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 8th, 2021 @ 12:45pm CST
Looks like Prowls wheels are decent unlike the early images of the figures. I don't really like this soundwaves car mode but his bot mode seems to make up for it (though that pose is def doing wonders to hide the flaps for shoulders) and the arms look posable compared to siege/netflixs visible hollows when striking 90% of poses.
Will be intersting to see if soundave and Satarscream get any repaints.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092132)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 8th, 2021 @ 12:48pm CST
blackeyedprime wrote:Will be intersting to see if soundave and Satarscream get any repaints.

I hope they don't. Starscream was entirely unique compared to every other seeker.

But. Soundwave did have the waves from other universes, so maybe that could work
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092133)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2021 @ 1:14pm CST
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092134)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 8th, 2021 @ 1:15pm CST
william-james88 wrote:That prowl headsculpt is pretty bad though, and the bad paint gives it no favours.

That is the 1 detriment of the mold to me, but I think the kibble on Soundwave still ranks him a little lower than Prowl
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092136)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2021 @ 1:33pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

For sure, that back kibble is what is stopping me from getting the toy most.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092137)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 8th, 2021 @ 1:43pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

For sure, that back kibble is what is stopping me from getting the toy most.

It does get in the way of the waist swivel, legs moving, and posing. I don't know why there could not have been just a little more work done to it to not have that issue
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092343)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 11th, 2021 @ 8:58am CST
newly updated Cyberverse shelves with the new deluxes! The Resistance is looking better than ever!

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092356)
Posted by william-james88 on January 11th, 2021 @ 11:06am CST
yeah that one step whirl looks really good with the rest
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092358)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 11th, 2021 @ 11:10am CST
william-james88 wrote:yeah that one step whirl looks really good with the rest

Still one of the best one-steps ever made, it's a fantastic little toy
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092386)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 11th, 2021 @ 4:10pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:yeah that one step whirl looks really good with the rest

Still one of the best one-steps ever made, it's a fantastic little toy

Amen!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092518)
Posted by william-james88 on January 12th, 2021 @ 10:03pm CST
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092519)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2021 @ 10:25pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I guess I have to write a top 5 Best One Steps list and have him in it. Wonder who else I'd put. I like the Cyberverse Megatron (with the pop out missile), along with AOE Heli Drift, G1 Twin Twist and Rescue Bot Blades.
If you're including Jumpstarters and Rescue Bots, that oughta open the door for other single-step transforming toys like the Flipchangers of Beast Wars and Machine Wars, the Beast Machines Deployers, the Fall of Cybertron Data Discs, the G2/BWII Autorollers, Bot Shots, etc.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Soundwave, Prowl and Starscream Found at US Retail (2092521)
Posted by william-james88 on January 12th, 2021 @ 10:31pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

If anything is only one step, then sure. None of the Beast Wars figures are though since they require an additional step of sorts. If there's a figure that transforms in just one step that you think is better than anything else mentionned, let me know.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 Constructicon Scrapmetal - Devastator Arm. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 30114 TRANSFORMERS VW VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE BUMBLEBEE 1:24 WITH CHARLIE FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner force STEELJAW in original packaging !!" on EBAY