Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed

Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed

Saturday, December 5th, 2020 12:52pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 19,292

Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to a tip off from fellow Seibertron users, Mindmaster and Sabrblade, we've learned that the Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe line continues with Wave 5! These photos were posted by Twitter user Hot Convoy, and show Deluxe Class Prowl, Soundwave and Starscream!

Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed

Unlike the last two waves, there's no Build a Figure this time but the figures do come with more effect parts it seems to recreate their signature attacks. We only have the front of the packages to go from at the moment with no look at their alt modes.

What do you think of these? Are you getting these for your Cyberverse shelf? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Hot Convoy on Twitter

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088890)
Posted by just_aCloud on December 5th, 2020 @ 1:17pm CST
Honestly Prowl and Starscream both look kind of promising. Lot of personality and I like the "gear" they come with.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088891)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 5th, 2020 @ 1:19pm CST
Proper deluxe Soundwave and Starscream are VERY interesting. Let's hope both have a clean vehicle mode and an interesting transformation like all the rest.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088898)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2020 @ 2:55pm CST
I’m definitely down for these, Soundwave and Starscream in particular. Unlikely as it seems but lowkey kinda hope that Soundwave is compatible with the War for Cybertron tapes since it kinda looks like Laserbeak is of a similar size but I could be wrong. I’m just happy there’s actually good (from what I can tell anyway) Cyberverse Starscream that isn’t burdened by some wonky gimmick (but then again it wouldn’t be hard to beat the prior ones). Unlikely at this point but I’d like to see them make some Seekers out of this, though if not I’d be okay with the Target four-pack as a makeshift Seeker squadron since that mold actually isn’t too bad, the lack of outward shoulder motion being the only thing stopping it from being really good.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088917)
Posted by bacem on December 5th, 2020 @ 8:24pm CST
Nice! I'm not sure about prowl, but soundwave and starscream definitely tipping toward "yes" to me. Neat that they added laserbeak on soundwave too.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088920)
Posted by PushYouDown on December 5th, 2020 @ 8:57pm CST
If they are smart they will do a running color change on Soundwave to do the different versions from the finale.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088921)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 5th, 2020 @ 9:48pm CST
Cyberverse, the little line full of surprises.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088993)
Posted by Zeedust on December 6th, 2020 @ 8:22pm CST
You know, I get that they did Prowl because he's one of the "classic" characters from G1, but I'd have really preferred someone who had a bigger role in the actual Cyberverse cartoon. If they wanted to stick to G1 guys, why not Wheeljack or Perceptor?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2088998)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 6th, 2020 @ 9:04pm CST
I just played with Deluxe Arcee and here's my mini review.

The bot mode is fantastic, despite having her ENTIRE vehicle as her backpack. Seriously, that's no longer a shellformer. She's a G1 Pretender but with her vehicle shell attached to her back. I should hate it. But somehow, they managed to make her backpack look like... and actual backpack instead of a cancerous growth.

I struggled with the transformation because I didn't wanted to used the instructions. Everything came together once I realised that the "tabs" on her arms are meant to go OUTSIDE.

Only glaring flaw and it must only be my copy. It was impossible to plug the gun under her vehicle, the hexagonal port being too small. I had to drill it a bit. It's not appearant at all and the gun now fit.

As for the Macadam parts, in the parts bin they go, except the hammer. It suit Arcee well.

Overall, very impressive figure, well worth the full price.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089206)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 8th, 2020 @ 8:28am CST

I'm really hoping Soundwave has his show head, unlike the other figures have had. He will be the one of these 3 I buy
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089237)
Posted by Ig89ninja on December 8th, 2020 @ 11:51am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Very nice they are continuing the deluxes, but come on, Prowl? Why not someone who did 50 times what he did in the show, like Shadow Striker, or Slipstream, or Clobber, or a blind Perceptor?

I agree, I want a proper Shadow Striker Darn it!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089304)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 8th, 2020 @ 6:14pm CST
Windblade?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089349)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 9th, 2020 @ 6:56am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Windblade?

Her Warrior was actually a pretty decent toy, she is not as in need as bots who got no toys or bricks, like Perceptor and Shadow Striker
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089352)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 9th, 2020 @ 7:36am CST

I don't recall Starscream's altmode looking that messy in the cartoon.

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089353)
Posted by bacem on December 9th, 2020 @ 7:38am CST
So they choose to use cybertronian alt mode for deluxe starscream, interesting.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089356)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 9th, 2020 @ 8:01am CST
A bit messy, but different enough to get.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089357)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 9th, 2020 @ 8:12am CST
bacem wrote:So they choose to use cybertronian alt mode for deluxe starscream, interesting.
It's the jet mode he's had in the show since Season 1, only not as clean-looking:

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089374)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 9th, 2020 @ 11:31am CST
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Sabrblade, has let us know that the Transformers Cyberverse Wave 5 Deluxe Class Prowl listing on Walmart's website has been updated with brand new stock images! However, the images are not of Prowl, but his wave mate, Starscream!

These new images show off the molds articulation and accessories. We also get a good look at his alt mode, which appears to be a lot less clean then it was on the show.

Starscream, Prowl and Soundwave make up the Wave 5 of the Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe class. There is no Build a Figure this time around.

What do you think of this Starscream? Will you be adding him to your seeker collection? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089377)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2020 @ 11:54am CST
hurricane567 wrote:I don't know any kids that'd like a 1 Step Changer

I do

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089386)
Posted by thedistinctroom on December 9th, 2020 @ 12:38pm CST
Are those hip missiles, or is Starscream just happy to see us?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Wave 5 Revealed (2089388)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 9th, 2020 @ 12:42pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:I don't know any kids that'd like a 1 Step Changer

I do

Speaking of 1 steps, that big RID 1step set that appeared out of nowhere at Toys R Us was on sale at 50% off around Black Friday. I was hunting at TrU when I saw a couple of grandparents struggling to chose a TF for the little one. I asked "how old is he?". They answered 4, 5 years old. They were pretty happy when I pointed to this set. And the little child is sure to have a blast receiving a whole army of PLAYABLE t
Transformers in one go.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Prowl Hasbro  2000 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Three-Step Changers Stealthasaurus Rex Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Transformers 5: 2016 Camaro "BUMBLEBEE" 1/24 Scale with Collectible Coin!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Soundwave 100% Complete Instructions Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID 1 Step Changer - Quillfire" on EBAY