Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix

Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix

Thursday, September 19th, 2019 7:44PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,506

Thanks to some notifications from Twitter, we have word that Netflix has picked up some of the latest Transformers TV series for their streaming service!

Netflix has picked up 2 new series for their service. The first one is the Transformers Cyberverse cartoon. Cyberverse season 1 is now available, which consists of 18 episodes that are all around 11 minutes each. Season 2 is also currently running, so once you watch Season 1 you can begin to watch Season 2!

Also available now is the successor show to Rescue Bots titled Rescue Bots Academy. Rescue Bots is the longest running Transformers cartoon ever, and Rescue Bots Academy introduces the newest generation of Rescue Bots, which includes the TV debut of Whirl and the return of Unicron Trilogy favorite Hot Shot.

You can now watch both series on Netflix. So head on over and check them out! If you already have Netflix, great! If not, you can try out a free 30-day trial, and after that decide if you want to continue with the service and pay $8.99 a month.

Check out the newest Netflix additions, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Netflix
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2038947)
Posted by Whifflefire on September 19th, 2019 @ 8:12pm CDT
Looks I'll finally be able to watch Rescue Bots Academy!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2038948)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2019 @ 8:25pm CDT
Whifflefire wrote:Looks I'll finally be able to watch Rescue Bots Academy!
While not as great as the first show, it's still pretty fun, has vastly superior voice acting than Cyberverse, and features a lot of continuity ties with its predecessor, making it definitely feel like a true continuation despite the change in voice cast.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2038981)
Posted by o.supreme on September 20th, 2019 @ 9:43am CDT
Cyberverse may be a more recent addition, however, I posted about RB Academy being on Netflix two weeks ago in that shows own thread

official-rescue-bots-academy-discussion-thread-t110411s50.php

At any rate. I stated in that thread why I have no interest in that show. If you have kids, nieces, nephews etc... between the ages of 3-6 this will be great for them. Again, I'm not saying the show is bad by any means, it's just that as an adult, and with my own kids past this shows demographic, it offers nothing for me, not should I expect it to. Just makes me miss my son being a younger kid back when he enjoyed Rescue Bots...man time flies :( ;) .

I may revisit Cyberverse again, but its so nonsensical to me, its really hard to watch, reminds me of Armada in that way, I guess the one consolation is it is shorter? (something that should not be said about any TF show...).

It's either sad, or speaks volumes that Netflix didn't even advertise these on their monthly slate of announced upcoming shows, but this is not unique, it seems more and more content is not being advertised leaving people to randomly come across them.

Also hanging my hat on the hopes of the Siege series next year doesn't instill me with great confidence either, especially after the disaster that was Machinima's trilogy.

I just feel sad, I used to be an adamant *lore keeper* for all thing in the realm of Transformers Animation. Episode count, plot synopsis etc... Even though I wasn't a fan of the Unicron Trilogy, when it was first on, I was trying to spark conversations as each episode aired, but few to little people seemed to care back then, on the forums I was associated with. Now 15 years later, and with the format of media changing altogether (from half-hour episodes to 11 minute ones) I find myself caring less and less with each successive series. I understand that with the brand becoming multi-generational they have to appeal to all demographics.

Since 2015, I've had toys that I enjoy, which is something I haven't been able to say in the previous decacde, but now I don't have anything in animation I can claim I really enjoy, that is seeminglyfor me.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2038986)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2019 @ 10:04am CDT
Well, this season of Cyberverse has certainly been better than the first.

Really curious to find out what Bludgeon's angle is, as he seems to working some kind of agenda that no one else about, what with his doing things behind everyone's back without orders and being all silent like Snake Eyes.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039006)
Posted by Deadput on September 20th, 2019 @ 11:34am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Well, this season of Cyberverse has certainly been better than the first.

Maybe it's simply for the lols? /s
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039042)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 20th, 2019 @ 5:17pm CDT
I finally got to watch the first two episodes, if I didn't know from here that time jumped forward I wouldn't have known. Other than that I really wish they included handheld weapons for the figures especially a sword for Windblade.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039071)
Posted by Stargrave on September 21st, 2019 @ 12:01am CDT
Posted just today to Cartoon Network.com and to the Cartoon Network App are the next two episodes (each in two parts) in the Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 arc Power of the Spark, The Visitor, and Bring Me the Spark of Optimus Prime. Just click HERE to head to Cartoon Network or log onto the app on your mobile devices to start eating up these easily digestible episodes featuring a bevy of cameos to make fans new and old smile. Enjoy the views and share your thoughts in the forums. As always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039077)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on September 21st, 2019 @ 8:36am CDT

The most awesome thing about Wheeljack was his G1 TOY face. Why do they have to ruin it? Why can't an awesome robot design remain an awesome robot design? Doesn't the Transformers franchise already have enough characters with human faces? If they gave Shockwave a human face all the fans would raise hell. It would be worse than WWIII.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039086)
Posted by Lore Keeper on September 21st, 2019 @ 9:57am CDT
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039088)
Posted by Go-Faster-Wings on September 21st, 2019 @ 10:17am CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:I see they went FULL RETARD on Wheeljack's face. It wasn't bad enough that G1 added eyes? Now they have to completely remove the bands. What's next? Remove his ears to make him completely unrecognizable?

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039101)
Posted by Deadput on September 21st, 2019 @ 3:04pm CDT

His face looks fine man just think of it as being what's under his face mask, Grimlock hasn't really put on his face mask in the show either but we know he has one.

Nothing's ruined, Cyberverse didn't time travel in the past and rip off Wheeljack's plate from his face and retcon his original design and murder your family, you seem to take some stuff about the franchise way too seriously since many posts of yours seem to be a temper tantrum over things you don't personally like, not that there's anything wrong with not liking things but there is definitely a better way to handle expressing such dislike.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039105)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2019 @ 5:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039108)
Posted by Burn on September 21st, 2019 @ 5:35pm CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:I see they went FULL RETARD on Wheeljack's face.

You do realise you can voice your opinion without coming across as a complete and total asshole yeah?

Try it some time.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039109)
Posted by Burn on September 21st, 2019 @ 5:39pm CDT
I'm baffled by this series.

On one hand, we have a toy line that is simplistic and really aimed at younger kids.

On the other hand, we have a cartoon series that has the main bad guy as a MASS MURDERER.

And I'm not a fan of Jetfire's voice. Sky Byte works perfectly but Jetfire's? Bring back the Aussie or Pommy accent, those ones were better.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039110)
Posted by Deadput on September 21st, 2019 @ 5:58pm CDT
Burn wrote:I'm baffled by this series.

I'm genuinely surprised at the body count and darker moments in well...this show, It's actually a little surreal.

Also yes Aussie Jetfire was like the coolest character, I miss the guy so badly I even made up head canon stuff with Cybertron Jetfire being his own character named...well Jetfire while G1 Jetfire has the Skyfire name just to have an excuse to have both of them in my universal collection.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039116)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 21st, 2019 @ 7:21pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Man, Bludgeon is so cool in this show that it made me go on eBay and order the Warrior class one from RID 2015 as a stand-in until he ever gets his own Cyberverse toy.

How much did that set you back?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039129)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2019 @ 10:45pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

How much did that set you back?
Eh, not enough to do any real harm. I'd recently already been making some pretty big purchases on eBay, anyway, so this one was a breeze by comparison.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039219)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 22nd, 2019 @ 7:43pm CDT
I’m just going to say it, I personally love Arcee apparently being the type of Autobot who loves animals and video games.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039230)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 22nd, 2019 @ 8:59pm CDT

That's brilliant. makes me glad i got him at the time
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 1 and Rescue Bots Academy Now on Netflix (2039257)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2019 @ 10:58pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

That's brilliant. makes me glad i got him at the time
Yeah, like, the RID Warrior one is really close to how he ended up looking in Cyberverse, right down to his having two cannons on his back when most Bludgeons have only one.

And he's totally this show's Snake Eyes, but ruthless and EVIL! :twisted:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "BRAND NEW TRANSFORMERS NEMESIS PRIME POWER OF THE PRIMES AMAZON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Decepticon Stinger Plush Stuffed Figure 16" AR175" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure Steeljaw (Robots in Disguise)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Legends Legion Strafe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG " on EBAY
Buy "NEW Takara Tomy Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee Movie Studio Series Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Amazon Exclusive Powerdasher Aragon ONLY" on EBAY